• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's insane how much Battlefield would improve by taking on the class limitations that other warfare based FPS do such as Insurgency, Rising Storm, Squad, etc. So tired of teams with over half of them being snipers. Unfortunately DICE will never put a limit on them because that would piss off the large base of wannabe Vassili Zaitsevs who just sit on a hill the entire game and make the match hell for everyone else, including their teammates.

Yup. I would welcome that as well. As long as it doesn't happen I am just kicking hill sitters out of my squad.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
  • Comment by PartWelsh:
It's not coming to the game at all. This one is straight up inaccurate despite any reference to it in the files.
  • Comment by PartWelsh:
We will have a similar reinforcement to the V1, it just won't be the one that's shown or referenced.

So, pretty much the same thing as a V1.

Probably this or something.

hqdefault.jpg

fdzvfdvzbf.jpg

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped being optimistic so I can be surprised when something good actually comes out for this game. lol

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Battlefest starts this thursday so... what is it going to be? Can't wait to find out, whatever happens

It might be Operation Underground. That's probably why they didn't release it with the latest patch. It ties in with Battlefest.

Operation Underground Weekly Challenges
The launch of Operation Underground seems to be accompanied by four additional weekly challenges including new weapons and a gadget as rewards.

These weeks could a standalone bundle without any chapter connection (and therefore no ranks and chapter rewards) or just an addition to Chapter 4.

Operation Underground Map Description:

"Within the narrow tunnels of the German underground railway, passenger and supply trains are halted when artillery fire ruptures the ground above causing both sides to navigate through the confined space to reach the other side." (Ingame)

Week 1

Reward: Jungle Carbine / Lee Enfield No. 5 (Bolt-Action Carbine / Medic)

"A shortened version of the ubiquitous Lee Enfield No. 4, this carbine was originally developed for use by paratroopers requiring a compact weapon. It was in wartime service for decades after World War II and variants of the design see civilian use to this day." (Ingame)

Challenges:

VISIONS OF THE END: Play 1 round on Operation Underground.

WHAT ONE CAN DO: Resupply or heal teammates for X score in one round.

FUEL THE FLAMES: Earn X score reviving, healing and resupplying teammates.

GET UP AND GET GOING: Revive X teammates in one life.

SHAKE THE FOUNDATION: Inflict X damage using explosives.

DAMAGE DEALER: Inflict X damage.

REVERBERATE: Inflict X damage in one life.

A LINE IN THE SAND: Capture X objectives.

REAPER: Kill X enemies.

UP TO THE TASK: Complete X squad orders in one life.

LIKE RATS IN A MAZE: Earn X score on Operation Underground.

CONCRETE JUNGLE: Kill X enemies with headshots using the No. 5 Jungle Carbine.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I was at A and wanted to hit a tank with the M28's attached grenade launcher but unfortunately the tank already moved on to the F point by the time the gun was done switching to the grenade launcher.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They did a fantastic job with the animation, but other than that it sucks, lol. Oh, a guy just ran into that house! Hold on let me convert to my GL! Ok, I'm ready! Oh, he already left...

It also just doesn't do that much damage either. Assault's rifle nade is better and it's a gadget.

I'm glad they added something unique, but it's not very good.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm currently trying to get all weapons to lvl 10 and what the hell do people see in the Boys AT? That's the most unfun weapon in the game and maybe even in any BF game ever.

also: although I love the map, Al Sundan has huge performance issues in Breakthrough. Especially during the second phase in the village. It's almost unplayable at times (I'm on PS4pro)

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently trying to get all weapons to lvl 10 and what the hell do people see in the Boys AT? That's the most unfun weapon in the game and maybe even in any BF game ever.

also: although I love the map, Al Sundan has huge performance issues in Breakthrough. Especially during the second phase in the village. It's almost unplayable at times (I'm on PS4pro)

It's the only sniper weapon that allows normal people without ridiculous aim to actually play as snipers.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's for Recon players that can't hit headshots and casual players.

Anti-material rifles are designed to be used against military equipment, but DICE made it so players just use it primarily against infantry. They need a rework.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's for Recon players that can't hit headshots and casual players.

Anti-material rifles are designed to be used against military equipment, but DICE made it so players just use it primarily against infantry. They need a rework.

I'd restrict it to something you have to deploy to use and that it can't have a scope or something like that. It's not like normal sniper rifles are hard to use at all.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Hackers are on Battlefield 1 too :( It's still not as prevalent in south american servers luckily, but they do pop up from time to time

Oct 27, 2017
I'd restrict it to something you have to deploy to use and that it can't have a scope or something like that. It's not like normal sniper rifles are hard to use at all.

Have to disagree. Sniper rifles, at least the bolt action ones, are very hard to use in this game. If you don't make a headshot you basically lost since they all take ages to load the next bullet and they also don't get one shot kills in the chests if you're closer so you also can't use them effectively without a scope either.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't understand why most bad sniper don't use the ZH-29. 2 hit kill at any range with a "good" RoF is so much easier to use than a very slow RoF + mandatory bipod.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A fix anti-material rifles:

Make it a gadget.
Increase the damage against vehicles, stationary weapons, and cover (sandbags, walls, and etc). Also make it have a higher chance of disabling vehicles compared to other weapons.
Get rid of any type of 3x or 6x scope on it, so players just don't use it to snipe infantry. You don't need a high power optic to hit a vehicle.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Two new maps and weapons in a few weeks of each other is really nice. Obviously, Al Sundan should have been here a lot sooner, but what is done is done. I'm looking forward to the Pacific.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
But joke aside, that's a cool ass trailer and the map seem quite varied for a Metro rework.

But again i think that will make a better breakthrough map than a conquest one. Not that i would complain. :p

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Trailer looking good - now if we get a Pacific/jungle Firestorm map there's no need to buy modern warfare ;)

Its-dead-jim.jpg

In blogs published after EA Play, we said that we were working on introducing a radically different Looting system, as well as a Respawn Mechanic similar to the one found in Apex. These plans are presently on hold, and are being re-evaluated whilst we focus our efforts on restoring quality to the core of the Battlefield experience.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I think it will be difficult no doubt about that, but the support they've been showing Battlefront2 is impressive. They havent given up on that game (when they easily could have) so its safe to say they wont give up on this one either.

DICE bit off more than they could chew with Firestorm. Other devs devote all their resources into just making a BR and supporting it. I don't expect DICE to do that while working on the core experience of BF.

If Firestorm would have launched in a better state, maybe they could have pulled it off. They would only have to add a bit here and there. However, FS had a myriad of issues from the start with the looting and other aspects of it. Criterion just dumped a rushed product on them and bonuced.

I see DICE fixing issues with the gamemode, but I don't think there will be any new content for it anytime soon or maybe ever.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
DICE bit off more than they could chew with Firestorm. Other devs devote all their resources into just making a BR and supporting it. I don't expect DICE to do that while working on the core experience of BF.

If Firestorm would have launched in a better state, maybe they could have pulled it off. They would only have to add a bit here and there. However, FS had a myriad of issues from the start with the looting and other aspects of it. Criterion just dumped a rushed product on them and bonuced.

I see DICE fixing issues with the gamemode, but I don't think there will be any new content for it anytime soon or maybe ever.

I didnt think Dice would add capital supremecy or a coop PvE modes to Battlefront 2, but alas here we are. Never say never.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Carrier Assault will return with the Pacific DLC and I wonder which version of Wake Island we will get, Conquest Assault with one team defending the Island and one attacking front a carrier, or the Head-On version we got in 1943 with both teams launching from carriers to take an empty island?

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I wonder if Carrier Assault will return with the Pacific DLC and I wonder which version of Wake Island we will get, Conquest Assault with one team defending the Island and one attacking front a carrier, or the Head-On version we got in 1943 with both teams launching from carriers to take an empty island?

Conquest with empty Island, Breakthrough launching from the carrier

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A beach landing game mode was datamined a while back.

Pacific Theatre / Chapter 5: Beach Landings

The Pacific will feature a beach landing game mode. It seems to be split in two phases and could be the previously datamined mode "Invasion".

Phase 1:

Build a beachhead: The attackers start on sea and need to build beachheads to gain spawn points on land.

Defend the beach: The other team has to destroy built beachheads and eliminate attackers to defend the beach.

Phase 2:

Arm the objectives: The attackers will win the battle once their team has armed and destroyed all objectives. They have to defend armed objectives from enemies trying to disarm them.

Defend the objectives: Defenders have to eliminate enemy soldiers and disarm any armed objectives to win the battle.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it will be difficult no doubt about that, but the support they've been showing Battlefront2 is impressive. They havent given up on that game (when they easily could have) so its safe to say they wont give up on this one either.

As already said a while ago, Battlefront is different because EA probably had contractual obligations to support the game at least until Episode 9.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Festivities spotted! A new Battlefest is about to be unleashed, which means a full month of celebrations for the Battlefield™ community.

Throughout October, Battlefield™ V players will be served community events, challenges, and opportunities to earn unique rewards. This will be the perfect warm-up before Chapter 5 and its frantic Pacific battles arrive.

Ready to join up with the rest of the Battlefield V community in a grand challenge? In the first Battlefield V community mission; we want you to score 100,000,000 kills or assists. Yep, that's eight zeros. A unique and handy gadget will be yours if the mission is completed: the Fliegerfaust – a prototype man-portable anti-aircraft launcher. This beauty can fire two salvos of unguided rockets to dispose of enemy planes.

bfv-chapter4-madsenmg.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

bfv-chapter4-c96trenchcarbine.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

bfv-chapter4-luftfaust.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Oh, battlefest is cool. The logo is cool too, it's a B with an F

You know, talking in the Battlepass thread in the Gaming Forum, I was thinking that BFV Tides of War sometimes feel like they aren't all that interesting, but at the same time, you can basically complete the missions just by playing the game. Now, completing the 40 ranks it's a huge grind, but there never is the NEED to buy boins and stuff. Props to DICE for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.