• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Panzerstorm is still the best big map in BFV. Al Sundan looks great and has solid layout, but i'm not totally convinced yet (conquest).

New big maps are always welcomed though.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I don't have all the stats off the top of my head, but here's an overview, I bolded the weapons worth trying.

Assault:

Sturmgewher 1-5: It's the started AR. It's pretty much just a budget StG 44. It gets the job done, but you'll want to upgrade to some of the later weapons.

Gewehr 43: Three shot kill with a decent RoF. You'll want to take the hip fire skills and drop mag to get the most out of it.

M1A1 Carbine: This is a semi auto that you can treat like an AR. Very spammable.

M1907 SF: A must pick for close range and close-medium. It has the fastest TTK out of all the assault weapons.

Turner SMLE: A well rounded semi auto. It doesn't have the same punch as the G43 (it's a four shot kill), but it makes up for it in RoF, mag size, accuracy.

StG 44: The most used AR. It's extremely versatile. A well-rounded AR.

Selb 1916: Three shot kill with a big mag and high accuracy; however, it suffers from the slowest RoF and terrible hip fire. I'd recommend the G43 over it.

Gewehr 1-5: A spammable semi auto with the largest mag. It's a cross between the M1A1 and Turner.

Ag m/42: A more accurate and controllable version of the M1A1, however, it has a smaller magazine.

Ribeyrolles 1918: This is an AR that you treat like a semi auto. However, you're better off going with a semi auto as long as you can control them.

MAS 44: An easier version of the Tuner SMLE, but with a smaller magazine. Learn to use the Turner.

Breda M1935 PG: The only burst fire weapon in the game. Great for closeish and medium range. It's next to useless for long range unless you put it on semi auto.

Karabin 1938M: A more accurate and controllable version of the G43, but it suffers from poor hip fire and long reload times. Use the G43.

Medic:

STEN: Starter smg and the worst in the game. You'll want to move on from it.

Suomi: It has the fastest TTK, but also the most recoil out of the smgs.

MP40: A better version of the STEN.

MP28: A weird hybrid. You're better of going the Suomi or M1928A1.

EMP: Similar to the MP40, but it has a higher rate of fire, while having less accuracy and control.

MP34: A smg designed for longer ranges. However, the Zk-383 outperforms it.

Commando Carbine: One of the bolt actions for medic. I has some weird accuracy and control, I'd recommend the M28 con Tromboncino before it.

M1928A1: Slightly less RoF (it kills in one less frame) than the Sumoi. However, it has much better controllability.

Zk-383: The most well rounded smg. You can spec it to be an all-around smg or you can spec it for longer ranges.

M28 con Tromboncino: Has decent hip fire and a grenade launcher. If you're going to use a bolt, use this one.

MAB 38: A well round smg, useful in most situations.

Support:

KE7: It's a decent starter weapon, however, there are LMGs the perform roles better.

Bren Gun: The most accurate and controllable full auto in the game. It destroys at medium and long ranges. However, it has subpar hip fire and a low RoF.

Lewis Gun: The most used LMG. It's the most versatile and well rounded out of the LMGs.

FG-42: LMG that you want to treat like an AR. Made for close and medium ranges.

LS/26: Similar to the FG-42, but it's more controllable and has as slightly less RoF.

I'm not going to go over the MMGs and shotguns. They play similar and you just use the one you feel comfortable with.

Recon:

P08 Carbine: Pick if you want to play aggressively.

I'm not going to go over bolt action and self-loading rifles. Again, they all play extremely similar and you just pick the one you're most comfortable with.

Oh thank you. That does help me a lot with picking my guns. I didn't really know where some of the new ones stand.

Kinda wish FPS games would give me the option to see raw stats instead of bars. Seeing all the numbers for the guns would make this easier, especially with balance changes.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh thank you. That does help me a lot with picking my guns. I didn't really know where some of the new ones stand.

Kinda wish FPS games would give me the option to see raw stats instead of bars. Seeing all the numbers for the guns would make this easier, especially with balance changes.

Yeah, any useful stats you have to dig through the game files. A weapon could do 30 damage per hit and that would make it a 4 shot kill. Then you could have another weapon that did 34 damage per hit and that would make it a 3 shot kill. However, in game all you see is a tiny increase on the bar and you think it's not a big deal, however, that's a huge deal in game, especially on slower firing weapons.

I get it, most players don't even care and just pick whatever they like. However, it would be nice to see some stats. For instance, BF1 had damage and damage dropoff that would be useful to see again. However, that was still flawed because you had to guess at the damage values, the x axis had the distance, but the y axis didn't have damage values.

ahCkweK.png

Last edited:

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019

There are very good comparison videos for most guns that show valuable stuff like the effect of each upgrade path and the recoil pattern. It's the same user behind all of them but I can't recall the name right now.

Some autos have really terrible horizontal recoil that'll mess you up when you're at the level where headshots start to matter. So apart from visible stats you need to find guns that are easily controllable for you. That's pretty much the only time that the practice ground is usable, though just barely since you can't use specializations.

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
Al Sundan is a lot of fun on Breakthrough. Really enjoying it.
Although Panzerstorm may still be my favourite of the BFV maps.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Played some rounds of the new map, it seems pretty sniper heavy :/ I actually had a better time on Breakthrough than conq but I think it can lead to some spamfest stalemates there too.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, any useful stats you have to dig through the game files. A weapon could do 30 damage per hit and that would make it a 4 shot kill. Then you could have another weapon that did 34 damage per hit and that would make it a 3 shot kill. However, in game all you see is a tiny increase on the bar and you think it's not a big deal, however, that's a huge deal in game, especially on slower firing weapons.

I get it, most players don't even care and just pick whatever they like. However, it would be nice to see some stats. For instance, BF1 had damage and damage dropoff that would be useful to see again. However, that was still flawed because you had to guess at the damage values, the x axis had the distance, but the y axis didn't have damage values.

ahCkweK.png

One thing I miss the most is adjustable zoom levels for iron sights/sights

Oct 27, 2017
Cannot gauge the quality of the map. Whenever I play, the team balance is just off and it is either 30 vs 20, or one team rolling another.

There is a spot in Waterfall near Breakthrough A where people can literally swim in the air. The terrain climbing/vaulting is still off.

Meh, will revisit for when the next map drops.

Oct 26, 2017
Al Sundan gives me hope for the future of this game, despite some of the remaining bugs.

Also can DICE please bring back the medic helmet for the allies because I want my teammates to know I'm a god damn medic

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This player base is so fucking dumb. Attacking on Al Sundan we are at the first point and have three Sturmtigers just pummeling the point. Yet, nobody will get on it. My squadmates just sit in the Sturmtigers extra seats and just spam randomly doing nothing. These aren't new plays either; they are all 50s and 60s. We finally take the point, but I already know we are fucked. There is a Recon player on my squad that is a 72 and fucking 2-13. Like wtf are you doing? How can you play that much and be completely oblivious.

This community always amazes me how fucking dumb it is. All these Recon players, but hardly any of them uses Flares or Spotting Scope. BuT i Am PrOvInG CoVeRiNG FiRe AnD KiLliNg PlaYeRs.

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, one of the most common thought you have when you play this game and look at your team mates is "what the fuck are you doing ?".

But i guess they are thinking the same of me when they see me charging the enemy positions often all by myself.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell you how many times I've had to lead the charge to take a flag or take point on building defenses and manning artillery to take out armored attackers completely by myself.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This player base is so fucking dumb. Attacking on Al Sundan we are at the first point and have three Sturmtigers just pummeling the point. Yet, nobody will get on it. My squadmates just sit in the Sturmtigers extra seats and just spam randomly doing nothing. These aren't new plays either; they are all 50s and 60s. We finally take the point, but I already know we are fucked. There is a Recon player on my squad that is a 72 and fucking 2-13. Like wtf are you doing? How can you play that much and be completely oblivious.

This community always amazes me how fucking dumb it is. All these Recon players, but hardly any of them uses Flares or Spotting Scope. BuT i Am PrOvInG CoVeRiNG FiRe AnD KiLliNg PlaYeRs.

Having spent some time in overwatch OT threads, i have come to understand how these players think.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Just had the same, last objective on Al Sundan there are guys all over the hills and it's like we've completely occupied that area next to the hanger, players won't go in though. You see the score board at the end of every round, I swear half the players in this game have no idea what they're doing or how the game works.

There seem to be loads of very low rank players around today as well, which is sort of good, but they tend not to be much help. One of the youtubers needs to do a proper tutorial, just not a play like a youtuber one.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Now that there are more maps the game is again more fun to play. The whole Progression system with assignments is still awful though. I was really hoping they would have at least reworked some of the assignments.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
All the weapon assignment masteries (mint and golden skins) should be automatically tracked. It's so senseless that you have to pick and choose which ones you want to work on. If you're using that weapon, it should count! What is the difference between selecting it and getting those kills and not selecting it getting those kills? Nothing. Plus to make matters even worse you can't even pick assignments between matches. So you just finished your golden stock, now you have to exit the server to pick the assignment for your golden magazine.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
All the weapon assignment masteries (mint and golden skins) should be automatically tracked. It's so senseless that you have to pick and choose which ones you want to work on. If you're using that weapon, it should count! What is the difference between selecting it and getting those kills and not selecting it getting those kills? Nothing. Plus to make matters even worse you can't even pick assignments between matches. So you just finished your golden stock, now you have to exit the server to pick the assignment for your golden magazine.

What's weird, is that if you start the assignment, and you switch it after advancing with it, it saves your progress for later, and tracks the new one. So I don't think it's really that way to force more grinding, I think it's just a bad design

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
What's weird, is that if you start the assignment, and you switch it after advancing with it, it saves your progress for later, and tracks the new one. So I don't think it's really that way to force more grinding, I think it's just a bad design

It's there to help the math on the CC grinding assignments.

Oct 29, 2017

I can't even understand how anybody could this mad over something so silly. Its been happening in every Battlefield ever, it will continue happening.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this fanbase. Every game Im feeling in Breakthrough feels ruined by snipers who aren't even overlooking that bridge, and just sniping some dudes across the open field. I really hate snipers in this game. Feels like everybody is a sniper. There's never more than 3 support players either.

I dont understand why this player base is so awful. In a game like COD, it's like everyone is an absolute expert, but in Battlefield, you get complete airheads. It doesn't feel like this was always the case either, I recall a lot of smarter players back in BC2 and BF3 days that knew how to push on objectives.

I like modes like Breakthrough and Frontlines, but the player base always ruins it. I cant get over how many Frontline games Ive played where snipers make up the team and just stand around and lose the momentum for this mode.

Only way for payers to move with confidence is if you pop smoke, which always feels like Im the only one doing this. I feel like people dont run smoke because it gives you no points at all. But it literally is a game changer in getting teams to push.

The map feels pretty fun though, and I just really hope BFV can start their journey of making some kind of redemption. I know we're not seeing Siege levels of comeback, but please, just nail the Underground map, and actually deliver the 3 Pacific maps by December, and then maybe we can see a turnaround. Hopefully those Pacific maps are actually good.

If they can add a few combat roles and gadgets, even better. Do you guys think we'll see anything promising in 2020? Are we seeing a few more Pacific maps? there's no promise of support after Pacific right? Im guessing the Pacific focuses also on naval warfare

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I just tried the new update.

• Map feels empty in Conquest, due to flag position
  • BT is a clusterfuck on the first set (bridge)
  • Plenty of sniper camping in every match + guys proning with MG in the bushes ruining the expirience.
  • Game feels much more optimized, runs smother and is less blurry. I give them that.
  • Gunplay is very good and the best improvement from other BF games.
Sadly, I still have much, much more fun playing BF-SW2 than BFV.
Hopefully things will change on BF-BC3 next year.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

• Plenty of sniper camping in every match + guys proning with MG in the bushes ruining the expirience.
  • Game feels much more optimized, runs smother and is less blurry. I give them that.
Cant say I agree at all

this map feels like an instant classic on conquest

there is tons of action on the flags and they all feel unique— elevated mountains, valleys, open tank areas, an airstrip

its easily reminding me of BF1943 especially with the verticality

i dont like breakthrough because of stupid snipers in first part but the breakthrough map gets better if you progress

not finding issues with snipers in CQ as Im using 3x scopes on my classes

These are the kinds of maps we really needed. And i also liked mercury though that map could have been bigger.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I really hope there is no BF next year. Battlefront 2 was released two years ago, with no Battlefront 3 coming this year, allowing it to improve. A BF next year is doom for BFV.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I hate this fanbase. Every game Im feeling in Breakthrough feels ruined by snipers who aren't even overlooking that bridge, and just sniping some dudes across the open field. I really hate snipers in this game. Feels like everybody is a sniper. There's never more than 3 support players either.

I dont understand why this player base is so awful. In a game like COD, it's like everyone is an absolute expert, but in Battlefield, you get complete airheads. It doesn't feel like this was always the case either, I recall a lot of smarter players back in BC2 and BF3 days that knew how to push on objectives.

I like modes like Breakthrough and Frontlines, but the player base always ruins it. I cant get over how many Frontline games Ive played where snipers make up the team and just stand around and lose the momentum for this mode.

Only way for payers to move with confidence is if you pop smoke, which always feels like Im the only one doing this. I feel like people dont run smoke because it gives you no points at all. But it literally is a game changer in getting teams to push.

The map feels pretty fun though, and I just really hope BFV can start their journey of making some kind of redemption. I know we're not seeing Siege levels of comeback, but please, just nail the Underground map, and actually deliver the 3 Pacific maps by December, and then maybe we can see a turnaround. Hopefully those Pacific maps are actually good.

If they can add a few combat roles and gadgets, even better. Do you guys think we'll see anything promising in 2020? Are we seeing a few more Pacific maps? there's no promise of support after Pacific right? Im guessing the Pacific focuses also on naval warfare

This game is supposedly about teamwork, but in reality it's just an illusion. For instance, in something like OW, you have to play as a team. Sure, you might pop off with an ult here and there, but to enjoy the game you have to be in a team oriented mindset. That's just how the game was designed. Then you have something like CoD. It's the complete opposite, teammates don't matter really and you can run around being a one man army and do well.

Then you have BF and players treat it more like CoD. Sure, there are revives, giving out ammo, and etc., but players only do it for the points or when it's convenient for them. I had a squadmate Medic just staring at me when I was at low health. Then he just went and started shooting at stuff too far away for a smg. I had to manually go up to him and press E to get some health. I'm actually glad they added that mechanic because players just don't play their role. They just run around like they are Assault or they sit far back and try to snipe.

If it wasn't for the score and points aspect of the game, I'm sure all this "teamwork" you see would be gone. If it doesn't benefit them, they aren't going to do it. Players sure love to cry about Medics not reviving, but when it's their turn to revive they don't do it.

MMGs are another good example. If I get killed by a MMG that is actually playing and defending an objective that's fine. However, more often than not, they are in some obscure spot not even close to any objective just waiting for some person to walk by and get a kill. I had a squadmate name Machine Gunner Mike or something. He just laid on roofs all game with a MMG. The only time he moved is when he died.

However, there's not much more DICE can do about it. They can't force players to play like a team. Sure, they can add incentives with score and points. However, most don't seem to care and only care about a cool sniper kill or getting some easy kills with a MMG.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Cant say I agree at all

there is tons of action on the flags and they all feel unique— elevated mountains, valleys, open tank areas, an airstrip

i dont like breakthrough because of stupid snipers in first part but the breakthrough map gets better if you progress

These are the kinds of maps we really needed. And i also liked mercury though that map could have been bigger.
I do like it, but it's very easy for the hills above A, D and F to be full of players and the actual flags to be quieter. Needs a couple of weeks to see how it shakes out of course.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Cant say I agree at all

Map is fine, like a Battlefield map should be. It's just the mode design in CQ that should be change to make it less empty in same situations. And also in BT where the attackers suffer and doesn't really have a chance.

I really hope there is no BF next year. Battlefront 2 was released two years ago, with no Battlefront 3 coming this year, allowing it to improve. A BF next year is doom for BFV.

Oh, it will.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Map is fine, like a Battlefield map should be. It's just the mode design in CQ that should be change to make it less empty in same situations. And also in BT where the attackers suffer and doesn't really have a chance.

We will see how telemetry is now over the weekend and if there are things to shift / improve short and long term.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
We will see how telemetry is now over the weekend and if there are things to shift / improve short and long term.

Put a HUGE board with lights pointing to the objective saying "YOU NEED TO GET IN HERE; GO!"

In CQ, I think that the road between A to F is a bit unused, but probably data shows otherwise

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There need to be more of those little fast moving jeeps spawning at A and F. Taking one of the tracked vehicles is like painting a giant target on yourself.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I agree that Al Sundan needs smaller and faster transports. It's the perfect map for the Schwimmwagen since there is that river delta area. Also this would make a great map for the helicopter from FS. Those are two transports that would add a lot to the map.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure I'd want helicopters in multiplayer proper.

The helicopter for Firestorm is just a small transport. It doesn't have any weapons or anything. It holds the pilot and three other players. It would be a nice way to get across the map. They could make it only spawn at the airfield.

fOI--4KC6QfgrtPH-w6LXUWFUL2pJLFAfTgCzHZnxC0.jpg

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Played a bit more Al Sundan Breakthrough/Conquest and the map is growing on me for good.

BFV has a really solid map selection now imo. Looking forward to the Pacific update, it is there where the fate of BFV will be decided. I have good feelings overall for the future of the game after the latest update:)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Already denied by Dice on reddit. We should indeed have something else than V1s in the pacific but it won't be this.

We'll more likely have super strong artillery strikes from battleships.

Battleships would make sense.

USA would be cool if a bunch of B-29 just bombed the area. Kind of like the bombers from 1943.

Tokyo-B29-960_640.jpg

medyej

Oct 26, 2017

It's insane how much Battlefield would improve by taking on the class limitations that other warfare based FPS do such as Insurgency, Rising Storm, Squad, etc. So tired of teams with over half of them being snipers. Unfortunately DICE will never put a limit on them because that would piss off the large base of wannabe Vassili Zaitsevs who just sit on a hill the entire game and make the match hell for everyone else, including their teammates.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't count out playable battleships. That's essentially what the Dreadnought was from BF 1, plus on Lofoten Island there is a model built already. They have everything they need for it.

0y2qcaw33gk31.png

What I'm guessing is:

Non playable aircraft carrier. Default spawn point.
Playable battleship and destroyer, similar to BF 1.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't count out playable battleships. That's essentially what the Dreadnought was from BF 1, plus on Lofoten Island there is a model built already. They have everything they need for it.

Nah, that's a low poly model made to sit in the background it's not nearly etailed enough to be a player controlled vehicule. And detailing these kind of things can take a long time.

Furthermore, battleships are massive, you'd need huge ass playable maps for one to move in it. Like, 4 times Panzerstorm, at the very least.

So no, at best, a battleship would be a static piece of decor where the player would only be able to operate a turret or something.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nah, that's a low poly model made to sit in the background it's not nearly etailed enough to be a player controlled vehicule. And detailing these kind of things can take a long time.

Furthermore, battleships are massive, you'd need huge ass playable maps for one to move in it. Like, 4 times Panzerstorm, at the very least.

So no, at best, a battleship would be a static piece of decor where the player would only be able to operate a turret or something.

It's a completely rendered model. BF 1 literally had a battleship and destroyers you could move around. There is no reason they couldn't do the same for BF V. They already reuse a lot of assets from BF 1.

I know players are setting low expectations for the Pacific, but I'm not going that low.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
It's a completely rendered model. BF 1 literally had a battleship and destroyers you could move around. There is no reason they couldn't do the same for BF V. They already reuse a lot of assets from BF 1.

I know players are setting low expectations for the Pacific, but I'm not going that low.

Look at your screenshot. There's probably more polys on a soldier than on this entire ship. And the ships that could move in BF1 where much smaller than a world war 2 battleship. My expectations may be too low but yours are clearly too high.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Look at your screenshot. There's probably more polys on a soldier than on this entire ship. And the ships that could move in BF1 where much smaller than a world war 2 battleship. My expectations may be too low but yours are clearly too high.

My expectations are too high because I think they'll add something they already did in a previous game? Also talking about size doesn't make much sense. Since when has BF been an accurate depiction of the real thing? Sure, they use real assets when making their games, but this isn't a sim. They take liberties with their design choices. They scale down things all the time.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's insane how much Battlefield would improve by taking on the class limitations that other warfare based FPS do such as Insurgency, Rising Storm, Squad, etc. So tired of teams with over half of them being snipers. Unfortunately DICE will never put a limit on them because that would piss off the large base of wannabe Vassili Zaitsevs who just sit on a hill the entire game and make the match hell for everyone else, including their teammates.
Wouldnt matter if they were good

but they go like 5-9 all game

why couldnt they give snipers the artillery strike from bc2 or REALLY long range flares.

Status
Not open for further replies.