• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Besides the Sturmtigers, the patch is good.

There are a lot of good QoL changes. It's easier to revive as medic and to see critically injured players. Friendly flares have radiuses now, so you can see where they are at. There are a ton of other little things that really help the player experience.

I know it's the honeymoon phase, but Al-Sundan is a good map. It actually feels like a BF map. I'd say it's the best post launch map so far, hell it's probably one of the best, if not the best map in the game.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It wouldn't be a DICE patch without a weird bug.

elenarie, Breakthrough attacking on Al- Sundan has British. The reinforcements call in Sturmtigers. I called in an AT halftrack and it gave me a Sturmtiger. Everyone has Sturmtigers, lol.

sturm.png

It's free real sturmtigers then

I only hope that fixing it doesn't cause the return of the glitch that had the map delayed

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I imagine it'll do heavy damage against aircraft and infantry. Moderate damage against light vehicles and minimal to zero damage against tanks.

It'll be interesting how they balance it. Previous titles always had lockon AA launchers, so you didn't have to worry about players using it like an AT weapon.

Also, I think it should have been given to Support rather than Assault. I mean that's the whole role of Support. You choose between AT support (AT pistol or mines) or AA support (Flieger). Plus Assault already has enough gadgets. Maybe they are afraid of Support players just spamming it since they have an ammo crate.

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
New map is great fun, we really need more consistent map updates like this.

Op Underground is also shaping up to be promising as it seems less like the stupid clusterfuck of Metro.

And then... at least 3 maps in Pacific before 2020 right?

In between all that, we desperately need fresh gameplay: new combat roles ffs (this hasnt been touched since launch), new gadgets (I desperately want more Anti Vehicle options for other classes like Support), class balancing (can we please nerf Assault's effectiveness with gadgets + weapons, they are too well rounded).

And when will we see content like silencers/suppressors.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Now that I played it for a while, Al Sundan (Conquest) is a slow map, the slowest in the game. What do I mean by slow? There is a lot of downtime and fights are sporadic.

The map reminds me of El Alamein. Both the good and bad.

-M0Iwd9KpRUEpf1uuvcO896SF7UXVRfa_1N3M3PwZyE.jpg

ijgrllwvcmz01.jpg

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I like the map, but there are some drastic frame rate drops at times on the base xbox. I wonder if trying to sort that has caused the delay.

Could do without having to play Breakthrough, too many players are determined not to get on the objective, probably because it's new and brought a lot of players back.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Al Sundan is a great conquest map. I think that you can enjoy it whatever is your prefered kit or vehicle.

If we had this in feb/march and they were able to give us something similar every 2 or 3 months, their situation would have been much different than today. Good maps can make you forget many bugs and miscommunication, BF4 is the perfect proof of that...

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Sadly, I'm not even feeling the hype to push the update button. Will do it later, eventually.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Adding the map into the CQ and BT regular map rotations in 5 minutes. In before things blow up. :p

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Only had the chance to play 3 matches: BT - CQ - BT

First match, the team didn't push. It stood sniping or tank sniping, with not much support offering. Hated it.

Second match, CQ, same team, didn't push objectives, we got wrecked.

Third batch BT, team got scrambled and balanced, I was again in the attacking team, and we had a HARD time taking objectives, but we won the match. Incredibly fun game. Loved it.

So yeah, I think it's really good, we only need mid-match balancing.

Adding the map into the CQ and BT regular map rotations in 5 minutes. In before things blow up. :p

Cool!

I think that a good way of doing a rotation featuring a new map would be alternating.

For example:

Al Sundan CQ - Rotterdam CQ - Al Sundan BT - Arras BT - Devastation CQ - Al Sundan BT

That way we can have a better grip of the map without getting tired by repetition

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

Purely selfish demand : will you add it to the Bombastic Fantastic playlist and make this playlist permanent at some point ? BF with only large maps and a bit of breakthrough in it is clearly my go-to playlist when it's available. It would be so great to make it permanent :)

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
no need to be EA Access member, I'm not and I can confirm that it just drops the connection to the EA server when you press the xbox button...

Oct 29, 2017
Map is amazing. One of the best in the game. If DICE can keep pumping maps of this quality than there might be hope for BFV :D

Pretty cool supports fortification tool turns into a repair tool now, is that new? I always wanted that in BF1 when they took away repair tools from anti-take classes

Also, is there a way to set the spawning screen to the map overlay instead of the dumb squad cams?

Oct 27, 2017
Map is amazing. One of the best in the game. If DICE can keep pumping maps of this quality than there might be hope for BFV :D

Pretty cool supports fortification tool turns into a repair tool now, is that new? I always wanted that in BF1 when they took away repair tools from anti-take classes

Also, is there a way to set the spawning screen to the map overlay instead of the dumb squad cams?

It was always like that or did you never repair anything as a support before now?

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Only played a couple matches last night, but New map feels like a real BF map to me so far and I loved it. Some of the QoL changes are really great too. Love that we can see teammate spitting flare radius. Super helpful when attacking objectives. People were actually reviving too. Not sure if that is due to the revive changes or if it was just incidental, but it sure was nice. Looks like DICE starting to get their mojo back. Keep the momentum going!

Grammar edit

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
It's a cool map for Breakthrough.

But for someone like me who's not a big fan of Conquest to begin with, it feels way too big. The teams are stretched out too much for my liking and it mostly devolves in sporadic small skirmishes. Wich is something i don't like.

I think the reason i hate BR games modes so much i that i don't like small "1 on 1" skirmishes stuff. I need bombastic chaos where i can run and gun in the middle of explosions. That's where i feel at ease and get good scores. I need to "get in the zone" so to speak. And maps like Al Sundan are definitely not made for me regarding Conquest. Metro should be better for this.

But still, it's cool to finally have something new to play with.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
OK I am playing BFV again for a bit. Because of the 6 month break I don't know any of the new guns or what balance changes have happened. What is the good stuff right now for each class?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
It's depressing to read most of the stuff online, but people have opinions, so I can't hold that against them. Today however, I saw a beautifully done summary of the work that the team has put in over the last few months towards what's coming next, and I couldn't be prouder.

OK I am playing BFV again for a bit. Because of the 6 month break I don't know any of the new guns or what balance changes have happened. What is the good stuff right now for each class?

The Drilling is the best weapon ever. :P

you really like to press buttons on friday haha. fire and forget!

We don't do that enough! :D Some parts of the game can be serviced much easily nowadays so the risk of breaking something is very minimal and reverting just takes a button or two. The multiplayer / join screens are one example, we've managed to make all of that dynamic so no updates are needed on the clients to do changes to those screens, everything is backend driven.

Oct 27, 2017
It's depressing to read most of the stuff online, but people have opinions, so I can't hold that against them. Today however, I saw a beautifully done summary of the work that the team has put in over the last few months towards what's coming next, and I couldn't be prouder.

I assume you mean secret juicy stuff that you can't share yet?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Al Sudan is really damn good, except when you are in a Tiger getting sniped by an Archer that zeroed you on their first hit because the map funnels tanks into killzones.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I don't know what you're talking about, but let me tell you that Al Sundan is exactly the map BFV needed. I wish you and your team the best, and to all of us, you included, that the bad streak ends by now

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

I don't have all the stats off the top of my head, but here's an overview, I bolded the weapons worth trying.

Assault:

Sturmgewher 1-5: It's the starter AR. It's pretty much just a budget StG 44. It gets the job done, but you'll want to upgrade to some of the later weapons.

Gewehr 43: Three shot kill with a decent RoF. You'll want to take the hip fire skills and drop mag to get the most out of it.

M1A1 Carbine: This is a semi auto that you can treat like an AR. Very spammable.

M1907 SF: A must pick for close range and close-medium. It has the fastest TTK out of all the assault weapons.

Turner SMLE: A well rounded semi auto. It doesn't have the same punch as the G43 (it's a four shot kill), but it makes up for it in RoF, mag size, accuracy.

StG 44: The most used AR. It's extremely versatile. A well-rounded AR.

Selb 1916: Three shot kill with a big mag and high accuracy; however, it suffers from the slowest RoF and terrible hip fire. I'd recommend the G43 over it.

Gewehr 1-5: A spammable semi auto with the largest mag. It's a cross between the M1A1 and Turner.

Ag m/42: A more accurate and controllable version of the M1A1, however, it has a smaller magazine.

Ribeyrolles 1918: This is an AR that you treat like a semi auto. However, you're better off going with a semi auto as long as you can control them.

MAS 44: An easier version of the Tuner SMLE, but with a smaller magazine. Learn to use the Turner.

Breda M1935 PG: The only burst fire weapon in the game. Great for closeish and medium range. It's next to useless for long range unless you put it on semi auto.

Karabin 1938M: A more accurate and controllable version of the G43, but it suffers from poor hip fire and long reload times. Use the G43.

Medic:

STEN: Starter smg and the worst in the game. You'll want to move on from it.

Suomi: It has the fastest TTK, but also the most recoil out of the smgs.

MP40: A better version of the STEN.

MP28: A weird hybrid. You're better of going the Suomi or M1928A1.

EMP: Similar to the MP40, but it has a higher RoF, while having less accuracy and control.

MP34: A smg designed for longer ranges. However, the Zk-383 outperforms it.

Commando Carbine: One of the bolt actions for medic. It has some weird accuracy and control, I'd recommend the M28 con Tromboncino before it.

M1928A1: Slightly less RoF (it kills in one less frame) than the Sumoi. However, it has much better controllability.

Zk-383: The most well rounded smg. You can spec it to be an all-around smg or you can spec it for longer ranges.

M28 con Tromboncino: Has decent hip fire and a grenade launcher. If you're going to use a bolt, use this one.

MAB 38: A well rounded smg, useful in most situations.

Support:

KE7: It's a decent starter weapon, however, there are LMGs the perform roles better.

Bren Gun: The most accurate and controllable full auto in the game. It destroys at medium and long ranges. However, it has subpar hip fire and a low RoF.

Lewis Gun: The most used LMG. It's the most versatile and well rounded out of the LMGs.

FG-42: LMG that you want to treat like an AR. Made for close and medium ranges.

LS/26: Similar to the FG-42, but it's more controllable and has a slightly less RoF.

I'm not going to go over the MMGs and shotguns. They play similar and you just use the one you feel comfortable with.

Recon:

P08 Carbine: Pick if you want to play aggressively.

I'm not going to go over bolt action and self-loading rifles. Again, they all play extremely similar and you just pick the one you're most comfortable with.

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
My first impressions of Al Sundan on Conquest are positive. I've only played one round though so it'll take time for me to get a feel for the map's flow and whether or not the capture points are balanced and produce organic front lines, but the topography is diverse enough to compartmentalise encounters and disrupt line-of-site between most capture points, and the longer stretches of terrain between points of interest reduce the frequency of encounters, playing to the strengths of the damage/accuracy model and use of vehicles.

Battlefield V is always going to have fundamental balance issues by virtue of how classes, weapons, and vehicles have been designed. But Al Sundan seems pretty good so far.

6.5 / 10 IGN, too much Battlefield.

FEATURE: Has Battlefield become too much Battlefield? We compare it to The Last of Us: Part II to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.