• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Dealing with disappearing menus all weekend playing with a mate was super annoying.
How is this a thing 6+ months after launch?

G1x6l3v.jpg
THE UI is mess. the menu runs very bad

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield 1 menus were good as they were snappy and to-the-point. They sensibly allowed me to pick a loadout from the map menu instantly and efficiently. Battlefield V is an embarrassingly unintuitive clusterfuck of horrible ideas. And that's when it works, given it spent so many months a mess of rendering bugs. DICE has literally no coherency at all, and no sensibility, no attention to usability, in their menu design. For all the defence people might have for their direction and vision, there is undeniably something fucking broken in their pipeline when it comes to UI. Battlefield V's UI and information feed is fucking awful, and straight up regressive from Battlefield 1.

Despite my earlier bitching, tonight alone I managed to get all the assignments for this week's Tides of War tonight. It was mostly just an awful, unfun experience. The first half ways okay, but the latter half was a grind against an immensely stacked team that continued to steamroll us match after match. No team balance, of course. Same unstoppable players stacking the same team over and over. Little in the ways of balancing our player bleed from people feed up with the shit.

I'm sorry for always coming into this thread and whining all the damn time. It's a guilty pleasure for a franchise I really wish I didn't feel this way about. An odd, contradictory viewpoint there. I just...I dunno. Kinda wish DICE would throw in the towel, fix the bugs, and leave this game as is. Move on to Battlefield 6 and dont see it released until end of 2021 minimum.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry for always coming into this thread and whining all the damn time. It's a guilty pleasure for a franchise I really wish I didn't feel this way about. An odd, contradictory viewpoint there. I just...I dunno. Kinda wish DICE would throw in the towel, fix the bugs, and leave this game as is. Move on to Battlefield 6 and dont see it released until end of 2021 minimum.

That would send the completely wrong message. They should do the opposite and delay the next Battlefield to do a relaunch of 5 to make it a complete game up to par with it's predecessors.
But that will never happen under EA.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That would send the completely wrong message. They should do the opposite and delay the next Battlefield to do a relaunch of 5 to make it a complete game up to par with it's predecessors.
But that will never happen under EA.

Oh absolutely. I just personally don't have a lot of faith in the future of the game. As I've said many times before I think there's a lot of love beating at the heart of Battlefield V, but the overall vision and post launch support does not reflect or support it. I'd love for there to be some massive content drop, series of patches, or whatever that elevates the experience. But just like I've soured on the map design over time, I honestly think Battlefield V is busted at its core, and has no evidence of a coherent vision.

Even with the Pacific front stuff people are excited for, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the actual launch was a lukewarm mess of drip feed content and bugs. I literally expect it at that point.

If they do succeed at bringing Battlefield V up to scratch, I still want them to take their time with Battlefield 6. Fuck off this cross gen launch bullshit. Target a single generation of hardware. Spend an enormous amount of time forming a coherent vision for the type of game to be made, stick to it, and ensure Frostbite is fully up to scratch to support it. I'll happily wait 4 - 5 fucking years if the next Battlefield drops as a complete, solid, focused project.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm really wary of the Pacific content. Players expect islands and carriers, which means Conquest Assault, which players don't like. Try sorting that out. The boats were not good in BF1 either. The physics and the game play were both very basic.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Oh absolutely. I just personally don't have a lot of faith in the future of the game. As I've said many times before I think there's a lot of love beating at the heart of Battlefield V, but the overall vision and post launch support does not reflect or support it. I'd love for there to be some massive content drop, series of patches, or whatever that elevates the experience. But just like I've soured on the map design over time, I honestly think Battlefield V is busted at its core, and has no evidence of a coherent vision.

Even with the Pacific front stuff people are excited for, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the actual launch was a lukewarm mess of drip feed content and bugs. I literally expect it at that point.

If they do succeed at bringing Battlefield V up to scratch, I still want them to take their time with Battlefield 6. Fuck off this cross gen launch bullshit. Target a single generation of hardware. Spend an enormous amount of time forming a coherent vision for the type of game to be made, stick to it, and ensure Frostbite is fully up to scratch to support it. I'll happily wait 4 - 5 fucking years if the next Battlefield drops as a complete, solid, focused project.

I'm a little more optimistic about the core of the game but I do agree that the next Battlefield needs to wait. And it needs to be a complete, finished product so their post-launch support actually comes out to schedule.

I'm really wary of the Pacific content. Players expect islands and carriers, which means Conquest Assault, which players don't like. Try sorting that out. The boats were not good in BF1 either. The physics and the game play were both very basic.

I thought the boats in the turning tides expansion were fun. We should be able to drive them all. I want to ram that Aircraft carrier into the island.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
God, why do people on the Xbox version feel like they never played a Battlefield game before? I played a rush match where the enemy team didn't even bother to defend the objectives.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
God, why do people on the Xbox version feel like they never played a Battlefield game before? I played a rush match where the enemy team didn't even bother to defend the objectives.

Same on pc. A large number of players in every match will just be laying prone on some isolated cliff in corner of map with their mmg. On offense and defense

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
They just having fun. That's the beauty of battlefield. you can do whatever you want. Sometimes I like to just drive a jeep around the map.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
EA Access and time limited modes are a bad combination. Rush is a bit more complicated than the other modes as well, even if this version is a bit of a meat grinder.

I'm seeing players static and almost welded to the m-coms getting easily picked off by attackers and players going nowhere near, then quitting when both m-coms are set at the same time. There's a general badness to the quality of play in this Battlefield, a disregard for the classes and gadgets and levels of team play that are so low that I wonder if random players see it enough to understand it. The not moving play style will not help people in Rush.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Update 4.2 is on Thursday, July 25th.

Update 4.2.1 is currently scheduled for Tuesday, July 30th, to release the Marita map and the new Elites. Elites I will never own. lemme spend them company coin on the Elites dammit

Zareth

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that DICE takes some real action against all the damn aim botting, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't run into at least one guy botting with a Lewis Gun sniping your entire team across the map. I think that's causing more damage to the community then the stupid invisibility bug.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that DICE takes some real action against all the damn aim botting, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't run into at least one guy botting with a Lewis Gun sniping your entire team across the map. I think that's causing more damage to the community then the stupid invisibility bug.

It is only on PC. Get a console, peasant.

I don't understand how is this possible:
level 1
powidltascherl

FerengiLoveSongs

does the 4.2 update adress the inconsistent damage of the AT (anti tank) mines?

level 2
DRUNKKZ3

Fixing this required some major changes of some gameplay systems so we decided to give the fix more time to be tested to ensure that we are not introducing new issues by fixing it. As a result, it will not be part of the 4.2 update but will very likely be part of the next major patch (4.4).

So 2 months to fix useless 5-damage mines? That is even worse than the fucking deflect bug in BF1 which took 1 month to fix. It did allow me to 1vsAll using a high-explosive French tank, because the deflect bug affected armor-penetrating projectiles like shells and rockets.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
So I tried setting the steady weapon/hold breath function to my ADS key... totally works. Never really bothered with steady weapon before but this pretty much eliminates any sway that'd get in your way. Sure you get exaggerated sway for like a second when you breath out again but 99.9% of the time I don't ADS for that long anyway.

For anyone who can't be arsed to press an additional button when aiming medic or recon rifles.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
> Only 3 populated west coast conquest servers tonight
> join first 2, each has an obvious 80+ kill spin botter in them everyone is yelling at in chat, immediately leave
> third server is a lopsided match, at one point the other team 10 players up. It never got better over 4 maps. Thanks for no team switch guys.

Battlefield 5 everybody.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand how is this possible:

So 2 months to fix useless 5-damage mines? That is even worse than the fucking deflect bug in BF1 which took 1 month to fix. It did allow me to 1vsAll using a high-explosive French tank, because the deflect bug affected armor-penetrating projectiles like shells and rockets.
As someone who recently complained about it ( not limited to AT mines btw, it's also true for dynamite )........ lol, here goes another entire month with that bug.

On a somewhat similar note, I recently came to like the M1907 SF... which give me a rare opportunity to spend CC on something.

Here is a quick photoshop showing the difference between what I see in the costumize menu and how it actually look like outside of that menu :
1563974018-sf1907.jpg

Let's not even focus on the fact everything has a diffferent luminosity which change it's entire look. The Night Owl stock is so bugged it goes from black to freaking brown.

Can't anything work somewhat correctly ?

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who recently complained about it ( not limited to AT mines btw, it's also true for dynamite )........ lol, here goes another entire month with that bug.

On a somewhat similar note, I recently came to like the M1907 SF... which give me a rare opportunity to spend CC on something.

Here is a quick photoshop showing the difference between what I see in the costumize menu and how it actually look like outside of that menu :
1563974018-sf1907.jpg

Let's not even focus on the fact everything has a diffferent luminosity which change it's entire look. The Night Owl stock is so bugged it goes from black to freaking brown.

Can't anything work somewhat correctly ?
Game is working as intended.

But has it been a month really? I wonder what the next patch is gonna break. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Patch notes are out.

Looks extremely weak. For me, mainly fixing invisible bug and PS4 stutter bug, but thats fixing shit that they broke lol.

Rest are some small fixes for guns I don't use.

Hi folks,

This update targets fixes for errant issues identified after the release of Junes mid-month update. This follows the release of a sequence of Hotfixes designed to address stability and performance issues, which continue to be a priority for the team for future updates.

In this update we've taken positive steps towards removing instances of the 'Invisible Soldier'. We believe that the extreme instances of this issue have been stamped out, though we'll be monitoring for any lingering issues. Further improvements have also been mode to performance, specifically when tanks are firing at infantry which would previously result in performance spikes.

Alongside that, we've also reviewed the performance of the P08 Carbine, and made some changes that should improve the effectiveness of the weapon, coupled with a fix that now allows for Specializations to be reset once players have obtained Weapon Rank 4. Additional fixes have been detailed below in full.

Our next major update (4.4) is currently scheduled to release at the end of August, and a first look at some of the new content and fixes for on going issues are also listed below. We'll otherwise have a small update out early next week to enable Marita.

Adam Freeman

Battlefield Community Manager

Twitter: @PartWelsh

What's New?
  • We have reduced the recoil, and increased the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness
  • Kills in Firestorm are now awarded if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state
What's Changed?
  • Fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers
  • Specializations are now able to be reset on the P08 Carbine
  • The game will no longer stutter when killing enemies with tanks
  • Removed an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires it's main cannon
  • The screen will no longer turn black when firing stationary cannons
  • The Arras sights on the Lewis gun now displays correctly when using extended mags
  • Rate Of Fire for the MKVI Revolver has also been reduced to 180RPM, from 200RPM
  • The correct crosshair now shows for the Mosquito FB MKVI on all load-outs
  • The Company will now display the correct amount of bombs for the JU-88
  • Players trying to spawn into airplanes should no longer get stuck on the deploy screen
What's being worked on for Update 4.4?
  • Additional fixes are also targeted to improve performance and stability across all platforms
  • New Maps: Lofoten Islands and Provence
  • Increase in Max Rank to 500
  • Updates to Fortress Mode
  • New Weapons - In preparation for subsequent Tides of War Rewards (Panzerbüchse 39, Breda M1935, C96 Pistol Carbine)
  • Fixes for desynced top-gunner hitbox on certain Vehicles
  • Fixes for desynced soldier hitbox known to occur when reviving or vaulting

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why would you nerf the revolver? BF V sidearms are already the weakest in the series.

Also these are the full patch notes. So it's a light patch. I guess I'll look forward to the 4.4 next month and the rank increase.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Why would you nerf the revolver? BF V sidearms are already the weakest in the series.

Also these are the full patch notes. So it's a light patch. I guess I'll look forward to the 4.4 next month and the rank increase.
At some point they will maybe understand that people don't use it because it's too good,but because it's the only worthwhile side arm. At some point people will choose to melee or reload mid fight over switching to a sidearm because of those nerf.

Unsuprisingly nothing is done with the balance of planes or AA this patch.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also the changes to the P08 are bizarre. The gun is fine. There are a ton of other weapons that actually need tuning and they pick the P08. It's like they just threw darts at a board and it landed on the P08.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Because it managed to erase normal illusion of choice BF games have by being fucking OP. You could easily use it was primary weapon as you can two tap everyone from hip with good RPM.

With how little DICE seems to actually care about balance and letting meta flavor of year just linger around I'm amazed they even tuned Revolver this much.

Vehicle balance is also absolute joke that they have done nothing about for long time, not since they made airplanes flying fortresses.

Edit: I think you have no sense of proper balance if you think revolver shouldn't be adjusted

Last edited:

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
reads like this isnt a full fix for invisible soldiers. no mention of fixing ADS is unfortunate as thats a pretty major problem. no mention of team balance. improved performance is a big one if it materializes. the cpu performance in this title is seriously problematic.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
A map they clearly scrambled together in a hurry to try to appease the public outcry for the lack of content. And it shows quite a bit. :p
You don't say, there is already more time separating it's futur conquest release and the originaly planned release date, than there was between between it's announcement at E3 and that supposed release date ( 27 june ).

Everything following the E3 announcement should have been riding the hype of what was supposed to be a pretty good stream of content ( maps ) and improvement ( max rank, private server ) leading to the pacific content release... yet the following 2 month have been almost more disapointing than the previous 6-8 months.... which is quite a feat to say the least.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Also the changes to the P08 are bizarre. The gun is fine. There are a ton of other weapons that actually need tuning and they pick the P08. It's like they just threw darts at a board and it landed on the P08.

What changes? the specializations have been broken for 3 months. You can't select any right now.

edit: just saw a reduction in recoil and increased muzzle velocity, that's fine. Gun loses to literally everything DPM wise anyways. C96 will replace it.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019

It's actually a very sensible nerf. I don't think anyone capable of hitting their shots will stop using it, the damage (finisher) and one hit headshot potential is still too much to give up. It will do away with McCree's that hip spam it at close range, that's where it is too effective and reward bad players.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Patch is a bit smaller for a change, 5 GB.

It takes +30 minutes to prepare, only 10 minutes to download then another +30 minutes of finalizing.

I'll never understand this.

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't seem like the patch messed anything up. Progress!
That's was kind of the very least we could expect when patch content goes from 6 pages long to 5 lines long, and released after 4 weeks not 2.

Not that I still didn't expect some surprises mechan... bugs.
This is pretty cool, it's nothing amazing, but nice attention to detail. Transports and stationeries have different camos depending on the map
That's a nice touch. Still crossing finger we will be able to do the same with character appearance at some point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.