• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
The performance has gotten so much worse lately.

It's basically unplayable IMO. A stuttering mess.

CPU? My 3750k @ 4.2Ghz was fine when the game launched, but it is no fun anymore. Driving a clunky tank on Panzerstorm is all good, but when I fight for C on Mercury, the game is just not working correctly. 100% CPU bound at the moment, 1070Ti not capped.

Ryzen build next month. I should be able to say whether my CPU wasn't good enough, or the game servers are downgraded to potatoes.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
What? really on the cheaters? Man I thought I just sucked until I played a round of Domination ending up Top 5 (a mode that's basically dead on PC). Now I'm wondering if I should go console...

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this was asked recently. How is the game nowadays? How is the population on PC? I have been carving for a good FPS for some time and I was wondering if I should get BFV. I loved BF4, I put over 400 hours into it. I didnt really like BF1 that much because I dont like WW 1 setting and because it reminded me Battlefront too much.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this was asked recently. How is the game nowadays? How is the population on PC? I have been carving for a good FPS for some time and I was wondering if I should get BFV. I loved BF4, I put over 400 hours into it. I didnt really like BF1 that much because I dont like WW 1 setting and because it reminded me Battlefront too much.

Game is free for 7 days with EA Access trial. Just try it.

I have literally zero FPS difference right now between Ultra settings and Low settings.

It just runs like crap no matter what.

Good idea, I should try going on minimum settings to eliminate hardware bottlenecks.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
It's on Origin Access Basic which IIRC had a free trial during E3. I'm not sure if it's still up.

Also, yup, BFV chugs with an I5.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The performance has gotten so much worse lately.

It's basically unplayable IMO. A stuttering mess.

It's 2019, I'm on a PS4 Pro with a flawless fibre connection, and this AAA online game has rubber-banding. It's just embarassing. The menus are all sluggish and laggy too.

This is my #1 disappointment of the PS4 generation, it's going right to the top of the list whenever someone makes a "your biggest disappointment of the 2010s" thread later this year!

I'm basically forcing myself to get some trophies before moving onto another game, I want to at least get the trophies for 100,000 score for all classes.

I managed to finish the Outpost based mission-node thing tonight, and got the medic SMG gun. I don't think I'll have time to get far in the chapter level tree though, it's ending tomorrow.

I can't believe they got rid of Rush mode. This game is so inexplicable to me. It's like a bad remake of BF1.

Deleted member 55421

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
It's 2019, I'm on a PS4 Pro with a flawless fibre connection, and this AAA online game has rubber-banding. It's just embarassing. The menus are all sluggish and laggy too.

This is my #1 disappointment of the PS4 generation, it's going right to the top of the list whenever someone makes a "your biggest disappointment of the 2010s" thread later this year!

I'm basically forcing myself to get some trophies before moving onto another game, I want to at least get the trophies for 100,000 score for all classes.

I managed to finish the Outpost based mission-node thing tonight, and got the medic SMG gun. I don't think I'll have time to get far in the chapter level tree though, it's ending tomorrow.

I can't believe they got rid of Rush mode. This game is so inexplicable to me. It's like a bad remake of BF1.

BF1 is a masterpiece compared to this

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of weird how they dropped the ball on this unknown aspect of world War 2 stuff when you really think about it.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Population is fine. It's rough to find a good server with somewhat balanced teams for some gamemodes post-midnight in GMT+1 but with server hopping it's doable.

The game itself is great. Explosive spam is nearly eliminated and definetly not as annoying as before.

I always bounced off Battlefields from 3 onwards because of the lazy spotting system (minimap hunt), the booring gunplay and the spammy gameplay in general. Oh and silly vehicles with 1:1 mouse aim. They fixed all that except for still not notifying you when you are spotted, so that feedback is still terrible.

All in all you probably will find something you enjoy in BFV. I exclusivly play Conquest large and small. Usually the gunplay is satisfying enough to have a grand old time when the teams aren't just zerging. The largest hurdle is a bit of lag and dissapearing bullets that can make itself known in 64 player population.

Cheating isn't nearly as prominent as some people in chat and this thread would make you believe. I can count the number of confirmed cheaters I've run into on one hand, but EVERY GAME has some ~1k/d player whining about it. If you have bad aim and relied on spotting and spam to score kills in previous BF I can understand the situation a lot of players are in though.

Though that highlights the biggest issue which is matchmaking. There are so many terrible players and not much to stop them becoming fodder for decent players. Yesterday I went 34/2 playing medic but OUR team still had players at 5/17, 2/13, 15/12 etc. They had fewer players with >2K/D but one (assault) at 66/17 (clearly farming some of our team). I don't think those guys are having fun like everyone else and I can understand them seeing cheaters everywhere. But it's a necessary evil that comes with gunplay that's not made to "even out" individual skill with random spray patterns and lucky spam as BF has done in the past.

So with that, it has my STRONG recommendation. Private servers are coming and that will hopefully start gathering communities with good players to solve matchmaking issues.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Took a break from Battlefield 5 from February to May. Only able to reach Tides of War Lvl 21. oh well

Started using the M1907 SL. Having a ton of fun with that.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Started using the M1907 SL. Having a ton of fun with that.
It's such a beast. When I pick one up to replace my SMG it always makes me go "right, this is what I'm missing out on!". I'll still defend SMGs and say medic is well balanced but damn some assault rifles are straight up super weapons, the 1907 in particular makes it noticeable when suddenly players can't run away from your bullets in the distance.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably a silly question, but can you do the old Tides of War if you return to the game after a long time of not playing, or can you only do the current one?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a beast. When I pick one up to replace my SMG it always makes me go "right, this is what I'm missing out on!". I'll still defend SMGs and say medic is well balanced but damn some assault rifles are straight up super weapons, the 1907 in particular makes it noticeable when suddenly players can't run away from your bullets in the distance.

Had one of my best games ever today with the M1907 SL. I was dropping a ton of people before I ran away or they got me lol. I bet a lot of em were surprised. ahah.

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Population is fine. It's rough to find a good server with somewhat balanced teams for some gamemodes post-midnight in GMT+1 but with server hopping it's doable.

The game itself is great. Explosive spam is nearly eliminated and definetly not as annoying as before.

I always bounced off Battlefields from 3 onwards because of the lazy spotting system (minimap hunt), the booring gunplay and the spammy gameplay in general. Oh and silly vehicles with 1:1 mouse aim. They fixed all that except for still not notifying you when you are spotted, so that feedback is still terrible.

All in all you probably will find something you enjoy in BFV. I exclusivly play Conquest large and small. Usually the gunplay is satisfying enough to have a grand old time when the teams aren't just zerging. The largest hurdle is a bit of lag and dissapearing bullets that can make itself known in 64 player population.

Cheating isn't nearly as prominent as some people in chat and this thread would make you believe. I can count the number of confirmed cheaters I've run into on one hand, but EVERY GAME has some ~1k/d player whining about it. If you have bad aim and relied on spotting and spam to score kills in previous BF I can understand the situation a lot of players are in though.

Though that highlights the biggest issue which is matchmaking. There are so many terrible players and not much to stop them becoming fodder for decent players. Yesterday I went 34/2 playing medic but OUR team still had players at 5/17, 2/13, 15/12 etc. They had fewer players with >2K/D but one (assault) at 66/17 (clearly farming some of our team). I don't think those guys are having fun like everyone else and I can understand them seeing cheaters everywhere. But it's a necessary evil that comes with gunplay that's not made to "even out" individual skill with random spray patterns and lucky spam as BF has done in the past.

So with that, it has my STRONG recommendation. Private servers are coming and that will hopefully start gathering communities with good players to solve matchmaking issues.

Thanks for extensive reply. I REALLY need a FPS to play so I pulled the trigger and bought it. Its downloading as I type this ( Its been downloading all night, 8 hours more, just in time when I get back from work). Its pretty exciting to get into the game thats still being updated where they add new content, weapons, balance things and change the meta a bit. I havent experienced this in a long time because Im not a type of person that buys new games. I just hope I wont regret this purchase.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I agree that combat roles could just be consolidated without much issue. I always have the engineer support equipped as I pick it when I want to ride as a gunner to support a tanker. There'd be no harm in giving you all the perks. When I first played BFV I got the impression that there'd be more roles to unlock or some sort of progression. Now that they haven't done anything and there's barely any point in picking either or, just do away with it. Every class would be more fun with more nuance.

Like, melee expert for medic, what? Extra sprint at low health is cool I guess (though you're probably dead anyway unless you're being sniped), but both have a different version (call out or low health), could easily give both. Extra requisition is not that exciting though it's the one I pick because I don't really care and it's automatic, I rarely if ever call out to revive.
I havent experienced this in a long time because Im not a type of person that buys new games. I just hope I wont regret this purchase.
I bought it brand new, twice (one for a friend) and didn't regret it! Hope you like it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still mad at what they have done with planes, especially bombers. They're so bad, people don't even try to shoot you down anymore because all you can do is drop 2 paltry bombs every 5 minutes. Theres not even a cockpit bombing view anymore and teammates can't spawn in the gunner seats, which just means they're empty all the time.

I also tried to use that one bomber upgrade that makes your plane a spawnpoint where people can parachute from but no one ever seems to use it.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still mad at what they have done with planes, especially bombers. They're so bad, people don't even try to shoot you down anymore because all you can do is drop 2 paltry bombs every 5 minutes. Theres not even a cockpit bombing view anymore and teammates can't spawn in the gunner seats, which just means they're empty all the time.

I also tried to use that one bomber upgrade that makes your plane a spawnpoint where people can parachute from but no one ever seems to use it.
I wouldn't say that bomber are bad because of the reload time, it's still enough to rack amazing amount of kill if you don't aim for solo target. But..

I think their biggest problem is the spawn vehicule system ( and probably how quick other planes can kill a bomber ). The fact that Bomber and fighters are taking the same vehicule spots make no sense at all balance wise. As a result air superiority is not only decided by skill, but by who has the most fighter.
The second biggest problem is the lack of proper rock/paper/scissor balance for plane, plane are both the best at killing ground targets and killing other planes. This mean that once your team lost air superiority, it's almost impossible to take back. Your team plane will spawn one at a time, which mean they start at a disadvantage, which is close to impossible to compensate from the ground ( because both stationary AA and AA tank will loose a 1v1 battle against a decent pilot ).

So I'd say we need specialized spawn spot for vehicules, and a balance looking more like : fighter > bomber > ground target ( including AA tank and stationary ) > fighter.
So balanced teams when it come to availability to each counter, fighters stay the bomber killer, but should be countered by ground AA ( maybe make MMG with AA spec usefull against them, it's useless atm ). Bomber can't solo fight a fighter even with a gunner but get enough health so they survive long enough to give the ground some opportunity to kill the fighter on their tail with AA.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Air balance is wack because the Mosquito and Stuka just two shot everything with their cannon upgrade. Ju 88 can do it too, but its cannon isn't as good as the Stuka. The cannons wreck everything. Aircraft, vehicles, and infantry. It's pretty dumb.

This is me flying around:

78c.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Air balance is wack because the Mosquito and Stuka just two shot everything with their cannon upgrade. Ju 88 can do it too, but its cannon isn't as good as the Stuka. The cannons wreck everything. Aircraft, vehicles, and infantry. It's pretty dumb.

78c.gif

This is also a problem. So much that I have to question if anyone at Dice even looked at the thing before shipping with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Yet some people are so damn good with the planes

The game literally fucks you for 10h+ of being a new pilot with terrible planes before specializations. You take your level 0 fighter, you have a pea shooter strapped to it... The game has little medium performance pilots: either you have a terrible aircraft with no pilots skills, or death fortress with ace pilots.

At the very least, tanks don't supercharge with megaton bombs, extra anti-tank cannons etc. You get a little more durability, some utility and a special move or a little better AP ammo.

With my Coh2 ramming experience, and videos like this, I want to have bulldozer/spike attachments on tanks. It would be cool to have a wider nose, ram vehicle damage with extra crushing terrain power as a specialization on a medium tank:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I consider myself to be a mediocre pilot. I can have some really good games though, especially if other pilots are competent with handling the enemy planes.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
How is it after all these months the game still has the collision stability bug on mounted weapons, towables, and tanks, where the camera when aiming glitches up and down erratically as if the terrain is unstable?

Yet some people are so damn good with the planes

They went back to the Battlefield 3 rout of tethering extremely useful upgrades that increase either firepower, manoeuvrability, or armour (or combination of all) to upgrade trees that naturally first and foremost benefit players experienced with craft and able to obtain said upgrades. Granted the four level grind doesn't take too long, but like a lot of the eye rolling dumb shit merged into Battlefield V's progression trees the simple fact is better, more attuned players get rewarded with better, more reliable vehicles/guns.

78c.gif

I feel this way most of the time in the German Bomber or Stuka. I'm not a great pilot, but I can usually hold my own unless there's a superior fighter in the air. I've had bomber runs though where I've endlessly harassed enemies kill after kill after kill and it's pretty hilarious. It's especially fun on Panzerstorm where you've got plenty of air to line up your trajectory.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah, I have a hard time being a pilot, but when it works it's fun. I'm more of a Tank player. I can push a lot with a tank, specially the Panzer IV

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It looks like there is still hope that we can get smaller modes with Al Sundan, but at least the main event, Conquest, is delayed due to bugs.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
there are instances of crashing that we're not happy with.

I'm sure its not on purpose but I enjoy the implication that there would be instances where they'd be fine with crashing.

Anyway, lol . I can't get over the amount of trouble they've had with so many aspects of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
DICE needs to do something about griefing teammates and stationary guns. Just had a teammate hook up my anti-tank cannon to a half-track while I was operating it. So friggin stupid, why even let teammates do that???

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't even touched vehicles in this game. They feel sluggish and clunky as fuck. 100% infantry (gunplay is excellent). I still can't believe they added these stupid ass exit animations. I also don't understand why you have to be right next to whatever seat you want to enter a vehicle. You used to just be able to hold enter/exit while in the general area of a vehicle. They're taking out a lot of the funner elements of battlefield for immersion :( attetition is a useless mess of a mechanic also

Still love playing the game tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.