• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Played few Rounds Outpost today. I like the mode. 2-3 more maps added would be really cool!

I hope DICE Does not plan to release new Battlefield Game in 2020. This would harm BFV a lot. I hope they will try to do the same way as Ubisoft did with Rainbow Six.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Alrighty, time to knock this game off the backlog tonight. On PS4 so I'm expecting a healthy playerbase full of fun friendly people all staying on the objective with no rage issues!

Bit of a shame there's only 22 trophies for this game. Astonishing actually.

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. It showed how poorly the Russian army performed and it needed reform. It also encouraged Germany to launch Operation Barbarossa.

I would LOVE to see the research that suggests Germany was encouraged to attack Russia due to Russia's failures against the Fins. The reality is that Hitler always had aims to invade Russia.

And regarding the need for reforms in the Red Army, I suppose you could say it showed deficiencies, but it's not like Russia acted on that. The Red Army performed horribly during Germany's invasion. The only thing that really saved Russia in '41 was the harsh winter that Germany was unprepared for. It wasn't until '43 that Russia really got it together.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I hope DICE Does not plan to release new Battlefield Game in 2020. This would harm BFV a lot. I hope they will try to do the same way as Ubisoft did with Rainbow Six.

EA ain't going to miss next-gen launch hype and I'm 99% sure they will release the new (and probably unfinished) Battlefield next year.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh wow, they completely changed spotting in this game huh? Spent the whole of my first round trying to spot enemies for the team but instead putting location markers everywhere, very awkward. Do you all have a preference for field of view on console? It's default to 55 (Horizontal FOV: 70), wondering whether to increase it.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Oh wow, they completely changed spotting in this game huh? Spent the whole of my first round trying to spot enemies for the team but instead putting location markers everywhere, very awkward.
I looove the change. Instead of mindless tapping you can give indirect notifications that are actually useful. Spotting was absurd in BF before and while it's still a bit silly with the expanded flares and spotting cameras you're not always on everyone's minimap anymore. Though it is more difficult to know when it's time to look at the minimap (which before was constantly).

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh wow, they completely changed spotting in this game huh? Spent the whole of my first round trying to spot enemies for the team but instead putting location markers everywhere, very awkward. Do you all have a preference for field of view on console? It's default to 55 (Horizontal FOV: 70), wondering whether to increase it.

Was that a round of Breakthrough on Hamada by any chance?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Was that a round of Breakthrough on Hamada by any chance?

lol no, I've been sticking to team deathmatch as medic for now. Raised the FOV and switched to war tapes and the game improved.

But still, I have to admit I'm not having a good time right now. I've ranked up to level 2 as a medic and yet the game hasn't unlocked the rank 1 gun or rank 2 smoke grenade. This is pretty shitty and dampening my spirits. How is this game so broke within the first few hours of me playing it? Am I going to reach rank 20 while still running around with the default gear?

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
lol no, I've been sticking to team deathmatch as medic for now. Raised the FOV and switched to war tapes and the game improved.

But still, I have to admit I'm not having a good time right now. I've ranked up to level 2 as a medic and yet the game hasn't unlocked the rank 1 gun or rank 2 smoke grenade. This is pretty shitty and dampening my spirits. How is this game so broke within the first few hours of me playing it? Am I going to reach rank 20 while still running around with the default gear?
TDM has the lowest score per minute potential out of all the modes and is also the one where people camp the most. You'll rank up faster and probably have more fun in general playing just about any other mode. I'm not saying that as a "TDM is for noobs" elitist or whatever either, I play plenty of TDM. I just wouldn't recommend it until you already have your kits leveled up nicely.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I would LOVE to see the research that suggests Germany was encouraged to attack Russia due to Russia's failures against the Fins. The reality is that Hitler always had aims to invade Russia.

And regarding the need for reforms in the Red Army, I suppose you could say it showed deficiencies, but it's not like Russia acted on that. The Red Army performed horribly during Germany's invasion. The only thing that really saved Russia in '41 was the harsh winter that Germany was unprepared for. It wasn't until '43 that Russia really got it together.

It's time stamped.

Oct 27, 2017
What I want them to do is release a Battlefield V Definitive/Mega/Whatever edition for the new consoles, with 120FPS support and the promise of 2 more years of WWII content covering the rest of the entire war.

c18.jpg

When asked about what is happening after Chapter 5, DICE said that nothing is decided, only Chapter 4/5 are in production. Also, Devastation took 1 year to build...

Bad Company 3 or Battlefront III will be a DICE launch title for next-gen, Fall 2020.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
c18.jpg

When asked about what is happening after Chapter 5, DICE said that nothing is decided, only Chapter 4/5 are in production. Also, Devastation took 1 year to build...

Bad Company 3 or Battlefront III will be a DICE launch title for next-gen, Fall 2020.

If it's Battlefront, then good, it means Battlefield will stick around for another season

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm definitely interested in BC 3. I wonder what direction they will take it. Modern or future. If they go future they could kill two birds with one stone since players are always clamoring about 2142. Or they could go modern a do a future expansion like they did with BC 2 Vietnam.

Regardless of BC 3, I still will enjoy BF V. As long as the progression and Pacific content are good, I'll be playing it for a long time.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This bug that prevents anything from unlocking upon leveling up is stupid. I'm going to have to drop the game, and revisit it in a few months.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
You have to go to the Armory to unlock weapons, and from there they'll be available during games.

That's an option sure, but it would take ages to accumulate enough CC to unlock a weapon there. The SUOMI SMG and smoke grenade are still nowhere to be found, despite being 'rewarded at medic rank' 1 and 2.

*sigh*

EDIT: I couldn't find a squad for conquest after 5 minutes of waiting, the matchmaking timer just gave up and returned me to main menu. I have to say, my experience with this game is a complete disaster right now, I cannot believe the contrast with BF1, which was a flawless experience for me. Seriously disappointed right now...

Last edited:

Rationale

Alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Outpost is a cool mode but I'm not a huge fan of the last 25% of every match being just aerial bombed the fuck out of on every objective.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
That's an option sure, but it would take ages to accumulate enough CC to unlock a weapon there. The SUOMI SMG and smoke grenade are still nowhere to be found, despite being 'rewarded at medic rank' 1 and 2.

*sigh*

EDIT: I couldn't find a squad for conquest after 5 minutes of waiting, the matchmaking timer just gave up and returned me to main menu. I have to say, my experience with this game is a complete disaster right now, I cannot believe the contrast with BF1, which was a flawless experience for me. Seriously disappointed right now...

Sorry--what I meant is that when you unlock a new weapon/gadget in-round, the game needs players to go to the Armory from the main menu in order to receive the unlock. I thought maybe that's why you were frustrated at not seeing the unlocks available after you got to the next level within a match.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Sorry--what I meant is that when you unlock a new weapon/gadget in-round, the game needs players to go to the Armory from the main menu in order to receive the unlock. I thought maybe that's why you were frustrated at not seeing the unlocks available after you got to the next level within a match.

No worries. I booted up again earlier and the bug has been fixed, suddenly everything unlocked all at once, I can finally upgrade weapons, etc. Still, serious bugs like that this far from release is worrying.

Did they get rid of the 'I need backup' command by the way? Can't seem to find it, well not like anyone's gonna come running to help lol.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Definitely a buy. Most of us are in since launch(and play daily for the most part) so people here have high expectations.
It's a great time to jump in and it seems like BFV is getting a lot of good support from Dice/EA. As it should be.
Yup, pretty much daily since the BF1 launch then transitioned to BFV at its launch .

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Apparently, it was a 30 round mag, but it could also be equipped with a 50 round drum. It also only had a 700 rpm. So, I don't really see the point of this if it remains a MMG. The MG42 can be 50 round drum and 1200 rpm.
If it had decent hip-fire it could be ok... not that I use MMGs anyway (but with hip-fire i might!).

LiftGammaGain

Oct 29, 2017
Asia-Europe
So i caved in. First impressions are good. Long time BF player but didn't enjoy BF1 at all... Thats why i was a bit reluctant to try BFV, the first BF in a long time where i didn't went day one... After spending the whole afternoon messing with it i enjoyed the movement and the shooting feedback. I did find difficult to notice enemies, it could be me not being use to it. Visuals and sound are as good as expected, im on ps4. Just played Conquest for now. BR mode seems cool, unfortunately theres no no dual squad mode it seems, wich sucks since i play online shooters with my wife:family squad❤️
Thanks for the input guys.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If it had decent hip-fire it could be ok... not that I use MMGs anyway (but with hip-fire i might!).

That might be the direction they take with the S2-200. From the video, it looks like it has decent hip-fire. The weapon could be a middle ground between the LMG and MMG. This makes sense when you think about the 30 round mag limitation. It probably would be pretty fun to play too.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Where's my phantom program? I've got the Phantom Bow and Peacekeeper revolver so far. I wanna keep this train going. Usually it was linked to major DLC drops so I wonder if this summer we'll start to see people figure stuff out.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I've been completing missions to unlock chapter XP, but it looks that there is no way I'm going to complete this chapter. I left too many unfinished tasks due to being Firestorm and that mode being so dead by now (on PC). Is it like this on PS4?

Outpost is def like good good. I really want it to stay but DICE should take note that when the community ask for more maps, it also includes more maps for these timed modes. I understand the time it takes, so I'm not saying make all 10 maps avaliable, but two makes it repetitive and it ruins how fun the mode is. Give at least 4 or 5 maps for variety and you have a major win

Status
Not open for further replies.