• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
unknown.png

Aw yiiiiis~

4LaWv.gif

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The patch finished finalizing and everything looked fine, so I quit out of Origin, thinking I'm good. I come back later to play and it wants me to download the entire patch over again. I think I'll pass.

I'll just download the newest patch when Crete comes out. It's not like I'm missing anything. I can just buy all the weapons with my CC and the other ToW rewards aren't worth a damn anyways.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The patch finished finalizing and everything looked fine, so I quit out of Origin, thinking I'm good. I come back later to play and it wants me to download the entire patch over again. I think I'll pass.

I'll just download the newest patch when Crete comes out. It's not like I'm missing anything. I can just buy all the weapons with my CC and the other ToW rewards aren't worth a damn anyways.

Lol

The other day I went in and the game forgot I've been playing for almost 200hrs. Had me re-play the intro, it reset all my customization and options except for graphics settings. I don't know what it is, but I didnt gave it much thought

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
My newest realization why this game is less fun then past iterations – it's tedious.

Supporting my team in a firefight as a medic at a chokepoint, I'm just spamming the throw bandages button because I can only deploy them one at a time. If I want to be a good team mate, I don't get to participate in actual shooting.

I've literally swapped/rebound the buttons for spot and throw bandages because spotting is now useless and my left thumb would never be in on the stick while trying to heal the team.

Also tedious – building fortifications. It should be more automated. I shouldn't have to build resupply stations at the beginning of the round, but at worst, they should spawn in once the point is captured. Probably the same for fortifications. No one wants to sit on a cap and build when there's other places to take and people to shoot.

The finickiness of trying build some fortifications from some positions is also tedious – look a little more up or a little more down, move closer or further while prone, etc. etc. You should be able to just click and hold to build stuff like arming an MCOM.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
My newest realization why this game is less fun then past iterations – it's tedious.

Supporting my team in a firefight as a medic at a chokepoint, I'm just spamming the throw bandages button because I can only deploy them one at a time. If I want to be a good team mate, I don't get to participate in actual shooting.

I've literally swapped/rebound the buttons for spot and throw bandages because spotting is now useless and my left thumb would never be in on the stick while trying to heal the team.

Also tedious – building fortifications. It should be more automated. I shouldn't have to build resupply stations at the beginning of the round, but at worst, they should spawn in once the point is captured. Probably the same for fortifications. No one wants to sit on a cap and build when there's other places to take and people to shoot.

The finickiness of trying build some fortifications from some positions is also tedious – look a little more up or a little more down, move closer or further while prone, etc. etc. You should be able to just click and hold to build stuff like arming an MCOM.

Problem with Medics right now is that the crate is actually pretty crap tbh

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Problem with Medics right now is that the crate is actually pretty crap tbh
I mean the crates for both medics and support serve their purpose as mobile supply stations. I understand their design of wanting to eliminate passive healing/resupply, but as is it makes the game tedious.

Sadly I can't come up with a much better solution other than giving the classes a sort AoE ability with cooldown, which feels more Overwatch than BF.

I'm just sick of being in situation where I'm spamming the resupply button the same way people used to spam spot, only its worse because it's only one at a time. Maybe allow us to throw bandages/bullets at every person in need in front of us?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I mean the crates for both medics and support serve their purpose as mobile supply stations. I understand their design of wanting to eliminate passive healing/resupply, but as is it makes the game tedious.

Sadly I can't come up with a much better solution other than giving the classes a sort AoE ability with cooldown, which feels more Overwatch than BF.

I'm just sick of being in situation where I'm spamming the resupply button the same way people used to spam spot, only its worse because it's only one at a time. Maybe allow us to throw bandages/bullets at every person in need in front of us?

They need to have icons showing them thou

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
The medic crate should have an AoE. There's little to no point in using it now. It's a nice mobile station if people see it, but I rarely get points anytime I lay one down. Like the poster above said, there needs to be more visibility into the crates when they're deployed.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
They need to have icons showing them thou
On the minimap? Agreed.

The medic crate should have an AoE. There's little to no point in using it now. It's a nice mobile station if people see it, but I rarely get points anytime I lay one down. Like the poster above said, there needs to be more visibility into the crates when they're deployed.
I think it's supposed to take the place of the Hardline feature of taking ammo right off the Support. Agreed that the GUI implementation needs to be better.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yup, the majority of my time spent playing medic is spamming 3 non-stop. No point in using the crate because the bandages are better. It instantly heals the player and they don't even have to do anything. With the crate they have to interactive with it and they aren't going to be doing that in the middle of a firefight, let alone even see the damn thing.

Medic crates have always been an issue. The ammo pouch and crate have a clear advantage and disadvantage. However, when it comes to bandages, they are better in every way. The only time players even use the crate is for an assignment.

It's been like this since launch and they haven't done anything.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Iffy on the new lmg. Perhaps upgrading the spec will help.

It helps a little, but nothing hugely noticeable. It's pretty much has the same stats as a FG 42, but with 600 rpm compared to the FG 42's 670. So it's easier to control. However, it still has 20 rounds, so that makes it underwhelming for mid and long range. For mid/long range you just want to go KE7/Bren/Lewis and for close range you just use the FG 42 because it'll out dps it.

It's not bad, but it's somewhat redundant. Pretty much if you can't control the recoil on the FG 42, use it.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It helps a little, but nothing hugely noticeable. It's pretty much has the same stats as a FG 42, but with 600 rpm compared to the FG 42's 670. So it's easier to control. However, it still has 20 rounds, so that makes it underwhelming for mid and long range. For mid/long range you just want to go KE7/Bren/Lewis and for close range you just use the FG 42 because it'll out dps it.

It's not bad, but it's somewhat redundant. Pretty much if you can't control the recoil on the FG 42, use it.
Perhaps it's something funky with the recoil pattern but even though statitically the new LMG has less recoil than the FG-42 I actually find it way harder to stay on target with it than the FG-42. I personally think the new gun is trash. I hate it.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Every weapon loadout lost their iron sight.

Infinite bleeding out and you can't skip revive so you need to wait for a revive or leave the server.

Dice please. :'(

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Every weapon loadout lost their iron sight.

Infinite bleeding out and you can't skip revive so you need to wait for a revive or leave the server.

Dice please. :'(

And then you think you could do shit in your work without consequences.
In my area of work if I had screwup so much like this i would be fired by now. It to much forgiveness for me.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I couldn't resist and bought the new elite skins. They look prety cool. Oh, and the new m/26 skin that's rather pretty. I have to spend my boins on something and it only took six months to get the coins and then finally have something to purchase. Good lord.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
This reminds of Street Fighter 5 when for the first 6 months servers were rubbish and everybody was complaining and nobody understood what took Capcom so long to fix them.

It turned out it was one single guy in charge for servers. Took Capcom almost a year to actually take the situations seriously.

Talking about BFV this does really nothing. Every Gaas game has similar structure, if anything this deepens the issue, thereis no excuse for map to nor release if the studios are not related

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Porting some BF1 maps would have kept me and my friend playing and would not have took months, why always want to only create new maps when there's already very good existing ones ? A mix of both is better than 9 maps since launch...

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Porting some BF1 maps would have kept me and my friend playing and would not have took months, why always want to only create new maps when there's already very good existing ones ? A mix of both is better than 9 maps since launch...
I would kill to have the best maps from BF3, BF4, and BF1 in the game. They wouldn't play the same because weapon, vehicle, and class balance is totally different but it'd still be really fun.

Apparently it's not easy or quick to port maps over like that though. The game and engine in general sounds like a nightmare to work on.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would kill to have the best maps from BF3, BF4, and BF1 in the game. They wouldn't play the same because weapon, vehicle, and class balance is totally different but it'd still be really fun.

Apparently it's not easy or quick to port maps over like that though. The game and engine in general sounds like a nightmare to work on.
Yes "porting" is not the easiest way, but at least they don't have to think about a new layout and create props as it's existing, it would be a quicker way to add content instead of creating everything from the start (and reuse props from existing maps).

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was a new bug, me and my friend got it multiple times during the ~2 hours we played yesterday; but never encountered that bug before.

So if that bug existed before, we were either unlucky yesterday, or it got worst with the new patch.

I got that bug several patches ago, thought it was newly introduced in *that* patch, and then was informed it had been present even before then lol

Edit:

Here's the video I made of it back in January (if this is the bug you were referring to)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58wfdKWfYk

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Switched back to BF1 and my god what a world of difference. It has its flaws, but it's just such a better, more enjoyable experience overall. Map design is great, nice to have spotting back, better class structure (including being able to tell who is who), and it's nice to have a game with content. Firestorm was a waste and so will be those 5v5 maps, no one wants those and it increasingly seems like the developers are out of touch with the fan base. Knew I should've waited a year to pick BFV because all niceties aside it really was a huge disappointment, I mean I've wanted a frostbite WWII game for so long and wow what a let down. Hopefully the Pacific Front brings the breathe of fresh air that this game so desperately needs.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I recall one of the devs saying it actually isnt any less work to port an older map than it is to create a newer one due to the engine differences between titles

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I reinstalled BF1 as well recently and I've been having a great time playing Grand Operations again. Plays great, especially after all the expansions and updates, and the gunplay is very fun as well. Playing BF1 I find that I miss the movement changes from BFV the most, I've noticed plenty instances were it'd be helpful to be able to quickly go prone on my back or hop through a window (without having to destroy it first). It's been a nice change of pace, and it's pretty much all i want to play. Every match of grand operations has that big battle feel that no other game can match as well.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Finally install the update last night, with every damn update this game gets worse, i started playing 1/1/19 for the first 3 weeks game ran like shit, then late January update fix a lot of my issues and game started running smooth, but since then with every update i have lost frames, i am now under 100fps, last week i was averaging over 105fps, few weeks before that 120fps, i am slowly crawling back to under 60FPS trash i was playing back in early Jan..

Also all the sights on my guns are back to default WTF..

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
G0ONoc8.png

Get rekt "lightning artist"!
Lol I obviously don't have a clue how they actually make their decisions but for sure the series has been trending towards art over gameplay for a while now. With the funky indoor/outdoor lighting in BF1 and now the visibility in BFV. It's nice to see them make the game look "worse" in order to significantly improve gameplay. I don't think I'm alone in saying that either.

edit: I'd put the blinding sunlight that's been in the game since BF3 into the "art over gameplay" category too. Looks sweet in trailers, sucks ass while playing.

Oct 26, 2017
Nooo I got quoted before I put in the sick lightning bolts. Whoops!

But yeah, OMG graphics have definitely been prioritized for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.