• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also, the Commando Carbine doesn't fit medic at all. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It feels like the VSS from past games. However, it should have been given to recon, so they can play more aggressively. I'm fairly certain it was met for recon and they gave it to medic after we all cried about only having smgs.

As for the new LS/26, it's pretty much just a FG42 with a slower RoF and more controllable. It's an odd gun that doesn't really have a role. For closer stuff you just go FG42 and longer ranges you go the Bren or Lewis. This weapon is just kind of in the middle, but it only has a 20 round mag, so that limits its mid range use. It's not bad, but it's not good. There's no reason to use it.

Last edited:

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm sure someone said earlier that 8 v 8 is too big a number for pro gaming, 5 v 5 is them still trying to crack that market. It's crazy to think of the resources that went into Incursions in BF1 for no return, when it feels like a skeleton crew running this.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I'll absolutely rage if of the very few maps we finaly get, there is minuscules map not fit for Conquest 64p.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'm god damn sick of these maps. This is what I always feared with ''free content'', the update cadence for what we actually care about which is MAPS, is too fucking slow.
Giving up on the game for a bit, I just feel like I've exhausted it. Oh well at least I've got Days Gone at least to keep me busy for a while.

Also I take back my positive post last week about Grind....after a few days that shit gets old quick lol
And Dice pls figure out what modes you actually want in the game, its killing and splitting server matchmaking for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll absolutely rage if of the very few maps we finaly get, there is minuscules map not fit for Conquest 64p.

The beach map is going to be large, don't know about the others.

You know what really sucks (other than the things we have talked death), the upgrade system. God, it is so bad it makes me wish we were back at the 3 weapon variants of BF1. At no point, I thought that it gave me any meaningful choices, allowed for situation builds or was simply enjoyable to experiment. Not to mention, I don't like playing with 0 level components.

Unlike level-up/skill systems where it feels like you unlock bonus functionality or customization for your playstyle, it is the opposite, it feels like I have the inferior item and I have to level it up to make it normal.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Game 1: game gets stuck at the pause screen mid way through the match so I have to quit the game
Game 2: load into match and have to leave because of the black screen glitch

How long has this game been out again? What a joke.

Oct 27, 2017
This is a screen from reddit showcasing the weapon:
sr90ry9vhsu21.jpg

Full screen and not even the name of the weapon is visible... WHO MADE THIS UI? HOW ARE YOU SO BAD AT THIS JOB?

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
has anyone major fps drops since some weeks? doesnt matter what grahpics setting (i have the latest nvidea driver).

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Well I'm back playing again and loving it. Conquest is hard to stay away from and I'm having a blast with the VGO which is a very fun gun.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Well I'm back playing again and loving it. Conquest is hard to stay away from and I'm having a blast with the VGO which is a very fun gun.
Imo it's very important to give games a pause once in a while, no matter how good a game is you are gonna to burn yourself out. It's inevitable.
Once you come back though, you appreciate the whole a lot more and nitpicks aren't as important anymore...
Also expectations play a big role when it comes to enjoyment of games.

After i took a break for about nearly 2 months (after Squad Conquest went away i think), i'm absolutely loving BFV right now. Firestorm brought me back. BFV is the best playing BF by far imo.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I...am having latency issues and I don't know why. As of last night Battlefield V is giving me latency of 150+, on all modes. Naturally I figured this was something on my computer, like an update downloading somewhere, but that doesn't appear to be the case as no software is using the network. Tested speeds downloading from Steam and Origin to see if it was a IPS issue, and nope again; everything else seems to operate just fine.

Weirdly other players in the server don't appear to have ping issues, just me. Very frustrating and odd.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Game is basically broken for me, for unknown reasons. All Oceania servers are 150+ ping. Resetting the filter for some reason decides I'm in Asia now. So that's my default I guess? Who fucking knows. Nobody appears to be having the issues I am having. There are plenty of Australians in matches with normal pings. I don't know if it's DICE's servers, my network (99% sure it isn't this), or my ISP, or what. I don't know. All I know is the game is now unplayable, with no indication of why my local pings are so high or why the game now believes I live in the Asian region by default.

Great game.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
meHYoKb.png

Lmfaoooo

Not satisfied with treating their customers as paid alpha testers, they're now going to openly ignore the fact that the vast majority of the fucking community doesn't give two shits about 5v5 / small modes / xyz gimmicky garbage and just wants actual 64 player Conquest maps. Looking forward to a whole lot of nothing to come from these supposed multiple maps.

My prediction is 1 new 64 player map and then 5+ variations of it with different areas blocked off tied to different small game modes all being counted as separate maps lol

The decline of DICE over this gen has been a thing to behold.

Oct 27, 2017
meHYoKb.png

Lmfaoooo

Not satisfied with treating their customers as paid alpha testers, they're now going to openly ignore the fact that the vast majority of the fucking community doesn't give two shits about 5v5 / small modes / xyz gimmicky garbage and just wants actual 64 player Conquest maps. Looking forward to a whole lot of nothing to come from these supposed multiple maps.

My prediction is 1 new 64 player map and then 5+ variations of it with different areas blocked off tied to different small game modes all being counted as separate maps lol

I am tired of listening to the same meme: maps soon, the largest BF support team, most maps in development.

Well, no shit most maps are in the simultaneous development for BFV. Other games had 6-12 at this point in the lifecycle + more on the way. Saying that you have the most maps in development is meaningless, it confirms nothing, it is just more attempts at PR to manage the negativity without promising anything new.

All promised content (US expansions September-October) will get BFV to barely above the They Shall not Pass or 2 BF4 expansions.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This game has so many damn flaws wonder if these 2 traits are active at the same time, improved accuracy while moving and stationary, when you apply these traits to the weapon the accuracy bar increase but it should be blinking to show what would happen while moving or stationary..

Last edited:

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
meHYoKb.png

Lmfaoooo

Is this guy an employee of dice? That makes me mad with his sarcasm.

Edit: sorry, had to tone my attitude and language down. Just overreacted. I'm just having a rough day.

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I like it as well, but the with the VGOs rate of fire and larger clip, I prefer it.

Well, they are quite different tho. The VGO is a MMG, so a "prone" gun. The LS is a LMG, so more for run and gunning with occasionnal proning. It's in the ballpark of the KE7, Bren, Lewis and FG-42.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Well, they are quite different tho. The VGO is a MMG, so a "prone" gun. The LS is a LMG, so more for run and gunning with occasionnal proning. It's in the ballpark of the KE7, Bren, Lewis and FG-42.
True. I've unfortunately become that prone guy because hip firing with it is useless. I've never played like that until this gun. It's been interesting to play differently than I'm used to.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Jesus.

EA and DICE have been like... throwing turds at the wall hoping for something to stick. We are going to have so many modes, which would be cool, but why focusing on stuff no one asked for? It was so simple. That guy may not be "official representative of the community", but you'd have to be blind to not see that conquest maps are what most want

I hope that 5v5 mode is cool and not a cheap R6 ripoff.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm guessing it's another riff on Incursions. TOW assignments might be able to give it a better foothold than it had in BF1, but I can't help thinking that 5 v 5 is doomed with this population.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
afgyw2j76uu21.jpg
posted yet?

edit: ahh it was posted.

Take a look at this; https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/

This could mean anything;
1. They are actually making more than 4 maps, but we don't know of what size and if anything is being re-used and made smaller.
2. "Post launch service" could mean exactly that, since they started making these games as a service-esque deals, so it doesn't count older games, so making more than 1 map at once is technically not a lie and more than they've done before.
3. It also doesn't mean just because they're making more maps at once that they'll all come out at once.

Either way the situation is pretty shit right now and this is what "free dlc" is like.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The patch rolling tomorrow is a huge one, it has a lot of stuff, mostly good ones (I'm looking at you, reduction of AA damage to fighters).

Still no further fix to the unreadable white text. The shadow at 100% is not enough

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Gimme all the new maps

I stopped playing because I got bored of playing the same three maps over and over and over and over and over

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Any word if the new patch will have any adjustments/improvements for Firestorm?

Yes. Full notes in the link.

Firestorm
  • Improved the Victory screen.
  • Fixed an issue that was letting players leave and rejoin a game through their squads.
  • Players are now able to use weapons and gadgets while in the Schwimmwagen passenger seat if they entered it while being in water.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes make it look like a dead player was crawling or being still alive while prone.
  • Increased the number of armor plates that a soldier can carry from three to five.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause a weapon to be unintentionally fired after reviving someone.
  • Fixed a glitch that would enable players to bring a weapon from the lobby into the Firestorm match.
  • The danger ping time duration has been increased from 7 to 10 seconds.
  • The health of soldiers when in the man downed state has been increased from 200 to 300.
  • Rebalanced the amount of XP given to be more generous to make it fairer compared to the amount of XP given in other modes.
  • Players can now revive squad mates that died in vehicles.
  • Changed the color of the spotting flare radius circle on the mini-map so that players won't confuse it with an objective area.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/biq3az/battlefield_v_tides_of_war_chapter_3_trial_by/

Status
Not open for further replies.