• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Greece is going to be 2 maps. It is not going to be 2 maps this month, but it should be spread across 3 months (Map 1 + Map 2 + GO)

Why?

Because you don't write X on the map count when discussing it after someone already said it was going to be one map 3 months ago. It is a surprise! Plus you cannot make Grand Operations using a single map, and none of the existing locations can be plugged into the Greece GO.

Also, we need multi-crew tanks which aren't as rigid as halftracks (driver just idles, and if you switch to MG after positioning, some moron will just drive you off the cliff...), but aren't as solo + small Mgs as the current tanks.

A heavy tank should always be:
• Driver with MG
• Main turret gunner
• Pintle gunner

I miss tanks of BF1... The difference between P4 and Tiger are just HP/Speed/Damage values...

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone know how I can completely remove motion blur? I have tried every single setting.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Data mined map called Provence. It looks lovely.

REKsFuLunLmBfq3vF1Ez9RwA1-axfg_z54F3rEzQs3o.jpg

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Never expected more tbh. Quoting myself :

They probably think of Firestorm as "the big content drop that will please their community for the next 4 month at least, it's so big it must count as 2 maps at least !".

Sadly some ( many ? idk future will tell ) of us don't care about it. This month I know I care far more about the road map than firestorm release, if I only see 1 map in the next 4 month, then it will be time for me to go for another multiplayer game.

I would have been more excited for Firestorm if Apex didn't exist.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly wasn't expecting more than one map for Greece, for now at least. The current rate of content implied as much.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
BF:V is losing players to BF1(Xbox) or what?

around 2 weeks without much population(EU) in frontlines mode.Today i tried, and 7 servers up with 90% of them full.. i was quite surprised with that. Besides Operations and CQ, was hard to find games at frontlines and rush. Domination and TDM was easy but never have much servers though.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Thought it might be worth reflecting on the Battlefield V map situation. Firstly, let's recognise that as technical and asset quality increases, the demand for more laboursome production time increases proportionally. We see this with most games, and thus BFV maps likely take longer to make than say Battlefield 3. Secondly, let's assume that the Trial by Fire content will wrap up end of April (given it starts end of March). And thirdly, let's assume that this period will result in one new mainline map (Crete from Greece), and one new map specifically for Firestorm.

Taking the November launch to end-of-April time period, which is just over five months, the map content distribution for previous Battlefields relative to Battlefield V looks like the following.

• BATTLEFIELD 3
October 25 -> March 30
  • Launch: 9
  • Back to Karkand: +4 (Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, Strike at Karkand, Wake Island)
  • TOTAL: 13
• BATTLEFIELD 4
October 29 -> March 30
  • Launch: 10
  • China Rising: +4 (Altai Range, Dragon Pass, Guilin Peaks, Silk Road)
  • Second Assault: +4 (Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman, Operation Firestorm, Operation Metro)
  • Naval Strike: +4 (for specific platforms) (Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Operation Mortar, Wave Breaker)
  • TOTAL: 22 (18 without Naval Strike)
• BATTLEFIELD 1
October 18 -> March 30
  • Giant's Shadow: +1
  • They Shall Not Pass: +4 (Verdun Heights, Fort De Vaux, Soissons, Rupture)
  • TOTAL: 14
• BATTLEFIELD V
November 15 -> April 30
  • Launch: 8
  • Overture: +1 (Panzerstorm)
  • Trial by Fire: +1 (Crete) (+2 if counting Firestorm map)
  • TOTAL: 10 (11 with Firestorm)
Take as you will.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
We are getting less maps, but on the flip side, it's free. Personally, I prefer premium. I always bought it anyways. I'd rather have good quality and meaty updates than this trickle content.

Edit: This post was going to be a lot longer, but I deleted most of it. I'll just wait and see what this update and the new road map looks like before going more in depth.

Last edited:

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
BF:V is losing players to BF1(Xbox) or what?

around 2 weeks without much population(EU) in frontlines mode.Today i tried, and 7 servers up with 90% of them full.. i was quite surprised with that. Besides Operations and CQ, was hard to find games at frontlines and rush. Domination and TDM was easy but never have much servers though.

I'm on Japanese Xbox servers. Lucky to get 1 full server on any given week night. Weekends maybe 1.5 server population. From launch to, say, January we had about 5/6 full servers on any given night. Once the BR mode drops I suspect that will split the Japanese server completely. Apex pretty much was the last nail in the coffin here. Not holding my breath for crossplay anytime soon.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Thought it might be worth reflecting on the Battlefield V map situation. Firstly, let's recognise that as technical and asset quality increases, the demand for more laboursome production time increases proportionally. We see this with most games, and thus BFV maps likely take longer to make than say Battlefield 3. Secondly, let's assume that the Trial by Fire content will wrap up end of April (given it starts end of March). And thirdly, let's assume that this period will result in one new mainline map (Crete from Greece), and one new map specifically for Firestorm.

Taking the November launch to end-of-April time period, which is just over five months, the map content distribution for previous Battlefields relative to Battlefield V looks like the following.

• BATTLEFIELD 3
October 25 -> March 30
  • Back to Karkand: +4 (Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, Strike at Karkand, Wake Island)
• BATTLEFIELD 4
October 29 -> March 30
  • Second Assault: +4 (Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman, Operation Firestorm, Operation Metro)
  • Naval Strike: +4 (for specific platforms) (Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Operation Mortar, Wave Breaker)
• BATTLEFIELD 1
October 18 -> March 30
• BATTLEFIELD V
November 15 -> April 30
Take as you will.
If you ever thought BFV would have the same amount of content for free as previous games did for $50, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
This game has so many hackers it's fucking sad, if the BR shit doesn't impress i am hitting uninstall, Dice don't ban the hackers so they just continue to hack..

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
If you ever thought BFV would have the same amount of content for free as previous games did for $50, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Oh I definitely, absolutely did not expect the same amount of content as Premium. In fact, the end result we're seeing from a free games-as-service delivery model is reflective of the exact concerns and expectations I had. I'm much like Forerunner, in that I recognise this is free and player fragmentation is bad, but will take the Premium bulk-content-drop paid expansions over the current model any day of the week.

Buying Battlefield + Premium at or before launch was costly, but I can comfortably say I did not regret it at all with Battlefield 3, 4, and 1. Had V launched with a Premium mode I would have ate it up again.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I think if the game didn't feel so under cooked and had a better launch I'd have been more optimistic. There must have been some thought on how much they made from Premium versus the potential for cosmetic sales.

A single map on top of current state of the game is going to badly damage the population before we even get to the stage of people paying for cosmetics. The wave of negativity coinciding with the release of Firestorm isn't great either, not that I'm convinced people buy a game for a BR mode months after release.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see how Firestorm is going to be tolerable at all if the current cheating issue transitions across. It was game breaking in PUBG.

EDIT: Haha. Literally just jumped into the first game today, and top of our scoreboard was a hacker. This is what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Just found out they buffed the shotguns, it seems like its made a huge difference, I was popping heads like crazy in Deathmatch it was great fun.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see how Firestorm is going to be tolerable at all if the current cheating issue transitions across. It was game breaking in PUBG.

EDIT: Haha. Literally just jumped into the first game today, and top of our scoreboard was a hacker. This is what I'm talking about.
I didn't even think of this. Welp Firestorm is already doa.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Oh I definitely, absolutely did not expect the same amount of content as Premium. In fact, the end result we're seeing from a free games-as-service delivery model is reflective of the exact concerns and expectations I had. I'm much like Forerunner, in that I recognise this is free and player fragmentation is bad, but will take the Premium bulk-content-drop paid expansions over the current model any day of the week.

Buying Battlefield + Premium at or before launch was costly, but I can comfortably say I did not regret it at all with Battlefield 3, 4, and 1. Had V launched with a Premium mode I would have ate it up again.

Pff, DICE and EA tried to double cross us, they clearly shortened development time to save money and went for a GaaS model to get a longer tail of income. Problem was they shot themselves in the foot badly, a GaaS model only works if theres something to actually buy, and BFV didn't even ship with vehicle skins. They nerfed soldier skins cause they got scared of a stupid minority, and we are left with a game with no worthwhile cosmetics and pushed to release way too early. Also whoever at EA is mandating this rotating store model instead of a catalog for BFV and now Anthem, you need to change your mind or get fired for copying a Fortnite model without any thought whatsoever.

Seriously, GaaS isn't worse than Expansions, its just EA has utterly decided to try and trick us and they are getting their due payback. Just look at Ubisoft, GaaS can work.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to support more maps and content via GaaS. If only the microtransaction for cosmetics were in. I def whaled for some waifus in gacha game and would pay money for outfits.

Kinda kills the point of Gaas if you cant even buy anything. I do understand that DICE want to fix the whole company coin issue before adding microtransactions. Regardless the game should have been delay and given more time to fix the bugs, add more maps, etc.

This upcoming roadmap is whats gonna determine if BFV lives or dies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Is that a PC issue? I'm on PS4 and haven't had it that bad.

It's annoying not being able to switch teams though, especially when you have tow objectives that are offensive or defensive specific

I literally just finished a round on Panzerstorm where our team (losing, significantly) stayed at most half the player population as the enemy team. At the start of the round they had maybe four players more than us, and everyone who joined from that point onwards was dumped on the opposition. It's a constant problem on PC.

I didn't even think of this. Welp Firestorm is already doa.

Was thinking about it the other day. I'm hyped for Firestorm. But fuck me did the cheating issues completely erode my otherwise regular PUBG play time. Given how widespread cheating in Battlefield V is now, I can't imagine it not transferring over to Firestorm, where it'll be even more frustrating.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I literally just finished a round on Panzerstorm where our team (losing, significantly) stayed at most half the player population as the enemy team. At the start of the round they had maybe four players more than us, and everyone who joined from that point onwards was dumped on the opposition. It's a constant problem on PC.

Never had any issue like that in 100h on PC. Might be restricted to the server picking way. I only use the quickplay playlists and the issue never occured.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

• BATTLEFIELD 3
October 25 -> March 30
• BATTLEFIELD 4
October 29 -> March 30
• BATTLEFIELD 1
October 18 -> March 30
• BATTLEFIELD V
November 15 -> April 30
Take as you will.

Thanks for this, the lack of content is really disturbing, for me BF is conquest and no new maps and the balancing issues have put me off this game, this will be my least played BF since i started playing in BF2.

Firestorm will not do anything for me (as said, for me BF is conquest mode) and i would prefer that they would have spent that time developing more maps instead of trying to catch the saturated BR bus.

I would have prefered to pay for premium instead of this "free" model.

I personally dont blame DICE, it seems that EA atm dont know what they are doing (as it shows in all the recent releases, expect Apex, and even Apex was stealth released since they had no hopes on the game to succeed) and they are slowly killing all the good franchises they have at hand.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018

Cheater and DICE Dev in the same game. Cheater admits to it directly in chat. Still apparently unbanned if comments are to be believed.

What vehicle and gun is that in the first part of the video? I rarely get into vehicles except to spawn, and on that note, I've never gotten into a plane. I'm a boots on the ground foot soldier.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Thanks for this, the lack of content is really disturbing, for me BF is conquest and no new maps and the balancing issues have put me off this game, this will be my least played BF since i started playing in BF2.

Firestorm will not do anything for me (as said, for me BF is conquest mode) and i would prefer that they would have spent that time developing more maps instead of trying to catch the saturated BR bus.

I personally dont blame DICE, it seems that EA atm dont know what they are doing (as it shows in all the recent releases, expect Apex, and even Apex was stealth released since they had no hopes on the game to succeed) and they are slowly killing all the good franchises they have at hand.
Yes on all counts. Such squandered potential with BFV, it makes me sad. BF1, for me, was excellent. I still cant buy any cosmetic bling. I just don't get most of how they've handled BFV.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Many of us would have preferred a traditional Premium approach, but there are too many gamers who refuse to pay for content. This is the new reality. I can't fault EA for going this route, as this is the market gamers have shown they want, and evidently we few are in the minority. And EA did not have "no hopes on Apex to succeed". The stealth release and paying the streamers to build an audience was a brilliant tactic. Not much need to build hype for a F2P for months when you can get the same hype in one day.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017

Cheater and DICE Dev in the same game. Cheater admits to it directly in chat. Still apparently unbanned if comments are to be believed.

This footage has to be old. I complained about sifoleon89 myself at the end of january: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...hers-and-sisters.79733/page-275#post-17424291

And two posts later: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...hers-and-sisters.79733/page-275#post-17424514

And battlefield tracker shows that his account has not been active since then: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/sifoleon89/overview

So at the very least that account was banned.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Many of us would have preferred a traditional Premium approach, but there are too many gamers who refuse to pay for content. This is the new reality. I can't fault EA for going this route, as this is the market gamers have shown they want, and evidently we few are in the minority. And EA did not have "no hopes on Apex to succeed". The stealth release and paying the streamers to build an audience was a brilliant tactic. Not much need to build hype for a F2P for months when you can get the same hype in one day.

I know that many refuse to pay for content, but in the end franchises like BF have staying power after months\years because of the ones like us that pay for quality content (as is the case of previous BF games). I see this new free approach as a failed approach for the ones that really wanted to stay with this game until the next BF title but there is not enough content, at least for me, to keep playing it months to come.

Regarding Apex, i still believe that EA didnt had high hopes for the game, Anthem was the game they bet for February, if they knew it would be a massive success they would not launch it so close to Anthem.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bf5 doesn't have premium because it splits a player base and no one brought it. They're doing this game a service thing because of their microtransactions. which clearly hasn't really worked out because they still haven't sold anything.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I know that many refuse to pay for content, but in the end franchises like BF have staying power after months\years because of the ones like us that pay for quality content (as is the case of previous BF games). I see this new free approach as a failed approach for the ones that really wanted to stay with this game until the next BF title but there is not enough content, at least for me, to keep playing it months to come.

Regarding Apex, i still believe that EA didnt had high hopes for the game, Anthem was the game they bet for February, if they knew it would be a massive success they would not launch it so close to Anthem.
There's no doubt Anthem should have released at least one month later, so it could still hit the fiscal year end of March and have the benefit of more fixes and polish. It's also possible EA thought Anthem and Apex were different audiences, one being a coop shooter with story and the other being a squad based PvP BR. There's going to be some overlap for sure, but Anthem's issues seem self inflicted. Despite that, Anthem has still managed to be #1 in the UK charts 2 weeks in a row, even with several new releases last week.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Apparently, they are finally going to increase the level cap. However, they don't have a date for it. Soon. They said they didn't expect players to hit the cap that fast. I mean they had the data from past games, so I don't know why they couldn't have looked at that data and gave us a better leveling experience.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Apparently, they are finally going to increase the level cap. However, they don't have a date for it. Soon. They said they didn't expect players to hit the cap that fast. I mean they had the data from past games, so I don't know why they couldn't have looked at that data and gave us a better leveling experience.
Where did you see this? I can't find it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also, players are nosy. Here's some Firestorm details by looking at the files:

General info and game mode start

• three variants: solo, duo (2 player teams), squad (4 player teams) with a player maximum of 64 per match
  • typical Battlefield classes will be present / choosable (snippet: ui/shared/widgets/classinforenderwidget)
  • code shows signs of an LFG system and "backfilling" entries
  • will have a separate ranking system
  • will (probably) occur in Tides of War - at least the code for a connection is already there
  • takes place in Norway (snippet: "/sparta/casablanca/royale/dk_norway-bd00e4f9.png" - also the level name itself contains the word "norway")
  • you parachute from a plane into the war zone (snippet: Paradrop_Exit)
  • your hud will show an altimeter during the free fall / flight (snippet: ui/ingame/hud/widgets/parachutealtimeter)
Gameplay

• if you get shot by an enemy you enter a "downed" state where you can crawl (but probably not fight) (snippet: DownedState_Crawl_LEFT_3)
  • there are various hints to a 3rd person camera angle but they are always tacked to the parachute start or when you get downed / killed
  • you have an inventory where you can store loot you find (snippet: UI/Ingame/Hud/Minimap/Inventroy - btw the typo is directly taken from the code)
  • loot has four types of "rarity" (snippet: ui/rarityselection; UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityOne, UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityTwo, ...)
  • you can find better backpacks (three tiers) to extend your inventory
  • the map features safes that can be opened (this will be tracked in your stats) (snippet: safesOpened: w(t.royale.safesOpened, 0))
  • there are dynamic objectives on the map which you can capture (e.g. "resupply points" as mentioned later)
  • dynamic objectives may also be connected to "lockups" / "vehicle breakouts" mentioned in the code (snippet: w(t.royale.vehicleBreakoutsOpened, 0))
Healing and Armor

• you can find / use bandages and medic bags (small and large) (snippet: s/Meta/Gadget/Medical_Supplies_smallmedpack)
  • healing probably takes some time (snippet: MedicBag_Apply_Sequence)
  • there are three named tiers of armor vests (snippet: UI/Textures/Icons/HudArmourVestTier1, ...)
  • there is a kind of special "armor plate" without any tiers (sounds like very strong armor loot?) (snippet: UI/Textures/Icons/HudArmourPlate)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...irestorm_info_details_what_we_can_learn_from/

Honestly, after reading all of this. It sounds pretty fun.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Also, players are nosy. Here's some Firestorm details by looking at the files:

General info and game mode start

• three variants: solo, duo (2 player teams), squad (4 player teams) with a player maximum of 64 per match
  • typical Battlefield classes will be present / choosable (snippet: ui/shared/widgets/classinforenderwidget)
  • code shows signs of an LFG system and "backfilling" entries
  • will have a separate ranking system
  • will (probably) occur in Tides of War - at least the code for a connection is already there
  • takes place in Norway (snippet: "/sparta/casablanca/royale/dk_norway-bd00e4f9.png" - also the level name itself contains the word "norway")
  • you parachute from a plane into the war zone (snippet: Paradrop_Exit)
  • your hud will show an altimeter during the free fall / flight (snippet: ui/ingame/hud/widgets/parachutealtimeter)
Gameplay

• if you get shot by an enemy you enter a "downed" state where you can crawl (but probably not fight) (snippet: DownedState_Crawl_LEFT_3)
  • there are various hints to a 3rd person camera angle but they are always tacked to the parachute start or when you get downed / killed
  • you have an inventory where you can store loot you find (snippet: UI/Ingame/Hud/Minimap/Inventroy - btw the typo is directly taken from the code)
  • loot has four types of "rarity" (snippet: ui/rarityselection; UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityOne, UI/s/HUD/Loot/RarityTwo, ...)
  • you can find better backpacks (three tiers) to extend your inventory
  • the map features safes that can be opened (this will be tracked in your stats) (snippet: safesOpened: w(t.royale.safesOpened, 0))
  • there are dynamic objectives on the map which you can capture (e.g. "resupply points" as mentioned later)
  • dynamic objectives may also be connected to "lockups" / "vehicle breakouts" mentioned in the code (snippet: w(t.royale.vehicleBreakoutsOpened, 0))
Healing and Armor

• you can find / use bandages and medic bags (small and large) (snippet: s/Meta/Gadget/Medical_Supplies_smallmedpack)
  • healing probably takes some time (snippet: MedicBag_Apply_Sequence)
  • there are three named tiers of armor vests (snippet: UI/Textures/Icons/HudArmourVestTier1, ...)
  • there is a kind of special "armor plate" without any tiers (sounds like very strong armor loot?) (snippet: UI/Textures/Icons/HudArmourPlate)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...irestorm_info_details_what_we_can_learn_from/

Honestly, after reading all of this. It sounds pretty fun.

Sounds very cookie cutter BG that PU has been doing for years.

Curious to see what actual BF spin / spice will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.