• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They said it's coming this month, but it'll probably be the later half. Youtubers are probably going to go this or next week (I forgot) to play. They are going to get a bunch of game play to try to hype it. So, I'm going to say it's coming the 19th or 26th.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Well I was called all sorts of names yesterday, guy was playing with his squad and was getting demolished and that's when the messages and tbagging started happening. Haven't experienced this since socom confrontation ps3 days. And the game that triggered him, I only put up 38-9 when I've gone 70 plus in some games

OxnImZL.jpg

AHSAcJp.jpg

lrYxYZV.jpg

tbPXeyL.jpg

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Well I was called all sorts of names yesterday, guy was playing with his squad and was getting demolished and that's when the messages and tbagging started happening. Haven't experienced this since socom confrontation ps3 days. And the game that triggered him, I only put up 38-9 when I've gone 70 plus in some games

Oh boy...the butthurt is real. I don't know how you have the patience to engage with them but I hope it made him rage even more!

I'm still confused about how much cheating is apparently going on...is everyone who's complaining about it playing on PC?

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh boy...the butthurt is real. I don't know how you have the patience to engage with them but I hope it made him rage even more!

I'm still confused about how much cheating is apparently going on...is everyone who's complaining about it playing on PC?
Its extremely prevalent on pc. Im rather skeptical about how much cheating if any is occurring on consoles. I dont really care about stat abuse because it doesnt affect gameplay

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's been a few weeks since I last logged on but it was fairly common when I played last

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

OxnImZL.jpg

AHSAcJp.jpg

lrYxYZV.jpg

tbPXeyL.jpg

Battlefield community continues to impress. Sorest, whiniest losers ever.

Had some guy last night throw a shitfit in the chat because I Kar98k'd his ass through one of the wooden buildings on Aerodrome. It's amazing how many players cannot grasp the basics of exploiting BFV's game systems. It's like their brain just switches the moment an enemy is out of sight. Here's my logic; if I've hit you once with the Kar98k with clear visual over distance, and the body shot didn't kill you, odds are you've now been spotted because that's how the goddamn mechanics work. Now if you run into a wooden building, not only do I have you spotted and thus a decent idea of where in the building you are, but hit markers will give away any connecting shots. So you can bet your arse I'm going to punt a couple of rounds into where I think you are, and the game is going to tell me if I was right.

Two rounds of reduced damage through the wooden wall and he was dead. Cue tirade, threatening to spectate and record to "expose" me. Welcomed it. Hope he enjoyed watching my otherwise miserable play.

And look, I get it. Battlefield V cheating is legitimately an epidemic at the moment. It's really, really bad. But so much of this community is just awful. Every match has at least someone in the chat attention seeking via torrents of racism, sexism, and bigotry. Someone whining about every player who bests them "cheating". At least two people endlessly complaining about how shit Battlefield V is, DICE is awful, worst game ever, never mind their hundreds of hours of playtime. At least two people locked in an argument over something dumb.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017

OxnImZL.jpg

AHSAcJp.jpg

lrYxYZV.jpg

tbPXeyL.jpg

FYI you can select to only receive messages from your friend list on PSN :)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I get a bunch of people teabagging me lately and I don't even know why. I was in a good spot and killed around ten guys, I wasn't sitting in a corner or anything. I was just better than them. They kept coming back and they eventually killed me. Then they start teabagging me. I killed you a bunch of times and you finally kill me once, so you teabag? lol

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I get a bunch of people teabagging me lately and I don't even know why. I was in a good spot and killed around ten guys, I wasn't sitting in a corner or anything. I was just better than them. They kept coming back and they eventually killed me. Then they start teabagging me. I killed you a bunch of times and you finally kill me once, so you teabag? lol
Eh I'm not going to lie I've done it occasionally. I'm fully willing to admit it's simply because I'm getting destroyed by one player and I'm just thrilled (and petty) that I finally got the one kill revenge.

I actually think that sort of thing is much less of an issue now vs say back in BF3. I don't recall exactly how the death screen worked but I remember being far more aware of whether or not the same person kept killing me. These days it pops up in miniscule print for one second and it's gone. I hardly ever see the tag of the person that killed me. This is on PS4 though. Perhaps PC is different

Come to think of it didn't BF3 have some sort of nemesis notice if you kept getting killed by the same person or am I mistakenly?

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus I tried to jokingly challenge someone to 1v1 me in Redneck Rampage and the fucking chat filter bleeped it. Fuck off EA/DICE. Punk asses. The fuck is this world coming to?

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh I'm not going to lie I've done it occasionally. I'm fully willing to admit it's simply because I'm getting destroyed by one player and I'm just thrilled (and petty) that I finally got the one kill revenge.

I actually think that sort of thing is much less of an issue now vs say back in BF3. I don't recall exactly how the death screen worked but I remember being far more aware of whether or not the same person kept killing me. These days it pops up in miniscule print for one second and it's gone. I hardly ever see the tag of the person that killed me. This is on PS4 though. Perhaps PC is different

Come to think of it didn't BF3 have some sort of nemesis notice if you kept getting killed by the same person or am I mistakenly?
Yeah the previous bf had a nemesis notice.

Oct 26, 2017
I once tried saying "I put a field gun at C" and it was censored lmao.
That's the thing, you just never know when the filter is gonna decide that you're sending out some Nazi code words. It's just so random, jarring and frustrating.

One thing that I found pretty fun in Blackout on PC was the global chat. Like the time I dropped at Train Station, barely survived, hid out on the rooftop, and then asked global chat for someone to rescue me, and someone actually showed up with a helicopter to extract me.

I'd love for them to have global chat in Firestorm for the same kind of nonsense, or just to help kill downtime when you're hunkered down in a corner waiting for the next circle or whatever... but with the way the chat filter is now, no thanks.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I read somewhere that the filter systems in games are often implemented by some third party company. Is that not the case?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, going live on Thursday at 11:00 CET.

You will. Firestorm coming out soon, then things to follow. We'll share more on that soon. :)
I'll try Rush, I liked it in previous games (but mostly in the Bad Company ones), but I'll pass on Firestorm, not my thing, I hate BR modes, I play Battlefield for Conquest mode 99% of the time.
I just need more maps to play Conquest mode on, not a trendy mode.

Thankfully other games will make the wait seems shorter..

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I think I am more excited to see the road map than Firestorm at this point!

I must say, if you skip some of the maps (Holland and usually Norway) you get some very good GOs these days. Hammut is pretty up there for me, in terms of BF experiences.

They just need to up the vehicle count on all maps!

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You will. Firestorm coming out soon, then things to follow. We'll share more on that soon. :)

As someone with no interest in Battlefield BR roadmap is looking quite dry, tho it has been dry for long time now as I didn't have interest in post-release War Story stuff and coop mode.

That Greece stuff is small glimmer, but I don't dare to hope it to be more than 1 map. Please say it's proper region release with 3 or so maps, MP needs injection of new maps.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
That Greece stuff is small glimmer, but I don't dare to hope it to be more than 1 map. Please say it's proper region release with 3 or so maps, MP needs injection of new maps.

A dev was hinting at at least 2 maps for Greece last week. And since we are supposed to get a Grand Op with it, that makes sense.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Can I be optimistic? I've pretty much never stopped playing and still haven't felt "bored" by the game, but I want moar

WTF you can't wait in Que anymore? tells me server is full doesn't put me in queue list....

Really?

Well sometimes there are like enough people waiting in queues to form a new server lol I've always thought that when in a queue the game should tell you how long it would take you to get in a new server vs waiting there

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
FYI you can select to only receive messages from your friend list on PSN :)
Haha I don't mind it at all, just didn't think ppl were that competitive in BF5 ps4. Just caught me off guard. We (I and my "gay homie") mostly invite ppl to play with us and use them as spawn beacons since it's mostly just the two of us in a squad most nights when we play

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
What does the new update bring ?
Hopefully they fixed the distance bluryness that made me stop playing the game.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017

Good to see you're back!

I am personally more excited about the road map than Firestorm... But, who knows? Maybe I will love Firestorm.

Do you know who [DICE] SillyShoes is? I see them playing (And getting harassed) all the time.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I guess a dev mention it in a reddit q&a a while ago and it got buried.
2019-03-05.png
link

It seems like it's going to be Crete. I found this, take it with a gain of salt.

Join a massive aerial invasion along the Cretan coast. The Allied side is desperate to cling to the island under attack by the Axis, attempting to break through the British defenses air superiority and paratroops. This map brings all-out war defined by a power struggle between tank control versus air superiority.

Crete, otherwise simply known as Greece Map, is an in-development map set to be featured in Battlefield V. It was revealed in the initial roadmap for the Tides of War live service, and is planned to be released as part of Chapter Three: Trial By Fire.[1]

Set during the Battle of Crete fought between May 20th and June 1st 1941, the map depicts the German airborne assault on the Greek island, garrisoned by the British since the Italian invasion of mainland Greece in October 1940. Dropped en-masse, Fallschirmjäger forces managed to capture Maleme Airfield within the first two days, allowing them to airlift in reinforcements to overwhelm the Allied defensive positions, who subsequently withdrew south, precipitating an evacuation of the island by sea. Despite their victory, the heavy cost of the operation in both men and materiel forbade Germany from the use of large-scale airborne landings for the remainder of the war.

In terms of gameplay, the map is decidedly air focused, but includes some ground vehicles and tanks.

https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/Crete

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If it is Crete, I really hope it has the Ju 52. It was the largest German paratrooper operation of the war. Having them in C-47 would just be silly.

I love how that "Do you want JU-52 or another drivable vehicle, HUH NERDS?" poll blew back on that dev who made twitter thread about something like JU-52 being waste of their development resources and doing it would mean less vehicles players can control themselves.

Majority voted that they want JU-52 to be put into the game.

Just image, we could have Shermans and its variants by now if they just didn't put in that memeWhale to Narvik map.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Now that I think about it. He probably brought up the topic because the map is Crete and they are gauging if they should add it for it.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I love how that "Do you want JU-52 or another drivable vehicle, HUH NERDS?" poll blew back on that dev who made twitter thread about something like JU-52 being waste of their development resources and doing it would mean less vehicles players can control themselves.

Majority voted that they want JU-52 to be put into the game.

Just image, we could have Shermans and its variants by now if they just didn't put in that memeWhale to Narvik map.

Oh man if we drop onto Crete in C-47s.... it'll be so sad.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Yeah the previous bf had a nemesis notice.
I miss a lot of those touches from bf1 missing from bfv. Like who was the best assault, medic, kd on the summary screen at the end of matches. I don't understand since this game is coming from the same studio why they couldn't have ported those great features.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's going to be one new map? Haha

I check in here from time to time to see if I want to return, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Never expected more tbh. Quoting myself :
That's likely true for a good chunck of people myself included, but it was probably pretty unrealistic not to expect that some of those additionnal content would have an impact on new maps release for the core game experience just because it's not necessarily the same target. Just because we are not the target does not make the work necessesary to make that content any lighter.

From a developper point of view they probably think of firestorm as "the biggest map ever created for battlefield" which is likely factually true.
For a player who buy battlefield since 1942 for conquest and conquest only, you think of it as that mod you will have to play like 10 times because of ToW then never touch again, while crossing finger that the Grece map won't be disapointing after a 4-5 month wait while remembering that at that point you were getting 4 maps not 1 on previous game, and asking yourself if you will see a pacific map in 2019.
They probably think of Firestorm as "the big content drop that will please their community for the next 4 month at least, it's so big it must count as 2 maps at least !".

Sadly some ( many ? idk future will tell ) of us don't care about it. This month I know I care far more about the road map than firestorm release, if I only see 1 map in the next 4 month, then it will be time for me to go for another multiplayer game.

Last edited:

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017

Any chance you could get the team to look at porting over some maps from previous games? Operation Metro and Seine Crossing are both set in France, it would be great to see a 1940 take on it.

Maybe some BF1 maps as well if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.