• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So I noticed that on Twisted Steel Conquest some times the Germans seem to spawn a few people on D flag at the start of the game. You notice that Germans start capturing D, G and F long before any of the Allies get to A B or D.

It's rather annoying.

It happened to me once. I spawned directly on D at the start of a match. Free point.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
So I noticed that on Twisted Steel Conquest some times the Germans seem to spawn a few people on D flag at the start of the game. You notice that Germans start capturing D, G and F long before any of the Allies get to A B or D.

It's rather annoying.

Got that twice. Got thrown to D alone versus another player each time (once from the germans, once from the brits).

I think it happens all the time on Conquest Twisted Steel. But it's just only one guy on each team who fight for a "duel" on D. And unless you are one of the "chosen ones", you only see something is wrong when one guy kills the other one quickly enough to start capping the point faster that you would have expected.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So a few things from the last few days of playing...

1. Panzerstorm makes me happy, I wish we had more tank focused maps. THIS is why I play Battlefield.

2. Seriously, make maps like Arras, Twisted Steel, and Hamada have an extra tank each. There are SO few tanks its insane.

3. STG is love, STG is life.

4. Recon are not shit if you use self loading rifles. USE self loading rifles. Free spawn points, free insta marks, easy 2 shot kills. IDK why most people use bolt actions. It's like gimping yourself because you hate having fun.

5. I REALLY hope the Greece map has at least 2-3 tanks per team. I don't know if I can handle another infantry focused map.

6. Speaking of which, Conquest Tanks is great.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Personally I like pretending I'm just a regular soldier so Ive equipped weaponry according to each side, and I run everything on iron sights. I use bolt actions cause the other rifles are less ironic, and sound crappier.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I think a lot of the attraction of the class is the one shot kill. Can't do it myself with the controller, maybe with more practice or an 8x scope it might work. Model 8 with irons and the spotting flare works surprisingly well on some maps.

I'd agree about more tanks, I don't feel like the half tracks and the bren carrier have added much, with the number of assaults and mines on the maps they're not really viable on maps after that first phase to grab flags. Less of them and an extra tank and maybe some motorbikes would improve movement.

The tides of war assignments might be making things worse, but I'm seeing a lot of people using tanks only for kills and not to capture flags.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Recon are not shit if you use self loading rifles. USE self loading rifles. Free spawn points, free insta marks, easy 2 shot kills. IDK why most people use bolt actions. It's like gimping yourself because you hate having fun.

That's because i'm much better at landing headshots than landing two shots quickly on the same target. So something that instakill on headshot suits me better.

I like using the Selbstlader mind you, but i can't headshot kill with it. First hit is usually a headshot yes, but second is not because either the target hides and i can't shoot it anymore or is running and the second shot is rarely on the head. And it's frustrating to me (i want to finish the Mint skins assignments for it but can't because i need to land 4 head kills on an objective and i can't do that with this gun).

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Yes Panzerstorm is true Battlefield. Absolute one of the best maps ever graced a Battlefield game.
Still don't get the hate on Hamada.
The more i play the more i appreciate the map design of BFV.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Yes Panzerstorm is true Battlefield. Absolute one of the best maps ever graced a Battlefield game.
It's the players. It's less common now people understand they need to grab a vehicle and go, but there was a tendency for a lot of the attackers on Hamada to give up when that initial attack on foot to A or B failed. Players would try and snipe from spawn on a few games I played.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's the players. It's less common now people understand they need to grab a vehicle and go, but there was a tendency for a lot of the attackers on Hamada to give up when that initial attack on foot to A or B failed. Players would try and snipe from spawn on a few games I played.

That's an issue DICE made for themselves by turning the series so heavily based on infantry, vehicles became a smaller and smaller part of the language of the series.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
zok0wormsih21.png

This is so true
While I am still hoping for a lot more content by the end of the year, anyone expecting that much without Premium were simply deluding themselves, IMO. Micro-transactions aren't even in the game yet.

As much as I love playing BFV, right now I feel extremely uneasy about its future because I just don't know how far EA/DICE's post launch support is going to stretch without some serious monetary investment. I still think DICE should have kept Premium but made the maps free after a [relatively short] period of time. Subsidise with further paid-for skins and character customisation in the store. I don't think anyone was doubting the value of Premium as a service in the past, it's just it was breaking up the community with DLC paywalls.

Honestly I feel like this could turn out to be one of the least supported BF games ever once they get through this first road-map. And what a shame that would be, because it certainly has the potential to be one of the best Battlefield games, period.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Yup! I love how the game is based around flanking and pinzer movements to capture central flags. BF1 was centered around frontal assaults and frontline-like gameplay.

In BFV is harder to be all the game on the base, there's always a route

Oct 27, 2017
While I am still hoping for a lot more content by the end of the year, anyone expecting that much without Premium were simply deluding themselves, IMO. Micro-transactions aren't even in the game yet.

As much as I love playing BFV, right now I feel extremely uneasy about its future because I just don't know how far EA/DICE's post launch support is going to stretch without some serious monetary investment. I still think DICE should have kept Premium but made the maps free after a [relatively short] period of time. Subsidise with further paid-for skins and character customisation in the store. I don't think anyone was doubting the value of Premium as a service in the past, it's just it was breaking up the community with DLC paywalls.

Honestly I feel like this could turn out to be one of the least supported BF games ever once they get through this first road-map. And what a shame that would be, because it certainly has the potential to be one of the best Battlefield games, period.

The problem is not Premium missing, the problem is EA not understanding GaaS.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I broke down and played a match last night and lo and behold, I met a great random dude and had an absolute blast. Similar play styles, just clicked and shared some hilarious BF moments. I swear this game is so love and hate. As soon as I want to give up, I meet someone new and have a great time.
Edit:- and I am totally stoked to try the night map.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

Always hated night maps in BF, it's just a pure camper fest... Adding the visibility problems will make it certainly awfull in BFV. I hope they won't add it to any normal rotation and will make a new "night maps only" rotation (pretty sure that they will force people to play on night maps with more stupid ToW assigments).

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Always hated night maps in BF, it's just a pure camper fest... Adding the visibility problems will make it certainly awfull in BFV. I hope they won't add it to any normal rotation and will make a new "night maps only" rotation (pretty sure that they will force people to play on night maps with more stupid ToW assigments).

It's just an Airbourne map for Grand Ops. As is Narvik only at night in Grand Ops.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
Night maps seemed to be a very popular idea in BF4, then DICE delivered it and no one was that interested. The night maps in BF1 seemed to be the least popular. It also might be a sign that new maps aren't going to be ready any time soon and playing around with the lighting is seen as a solution.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

How do you make the highlight feature, hitching and positioning support weapons, a broken piece of shit like it currently is in BFV? Why even bother if it is going to cause only frustration?

No wonder nobody uses them. You drag a 6 pounder on the hill to get a good position, mangle it for 60 seconds to get the right angle, then unhitch. IT FUCKING ROLLS OFF THE HILL, there is barely any angle... Same for the AA cannon: it just jitters off the surface as you shoot...

Shooting on the move is out of the question. The entire hitching mechanism is buggy and constantly tumbling. You cannot even see the weapon unless you rotate the camera in the third-person losing the track of what is ahead of you.

You can actually nudge the parked weapon with your vehicle if you detach it while reversing, but if you aim for the barrel (an obvious way to rotate it without being attached to the vehicle), it just phases through.

A gunner cannot detach it himself, a driver cannot communicate with the gunner, the weapon cannot be positioned without the vehicle.

PS Is there a handbrake for vehicles? Can I actually stop the vehicle instead of reversing to cancel-out the forward momentum? I cannot state how many times I have failed to stop on the hill because I don't know how to brake... The highly limited up/down movement of the barrel requires a precise spot.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

How do you make the highlight feature, hitching and positioning support weapons, a broken piece of shit like it currently is in BFV? Why even bother if it is going to cause only frustration?

No wonder nobody uses them. You drag a 6 pounder on the hill to get a good position, mangle it for 60 seconds to get the right angle, then unhitch. IT FUCKING ROLLS OFF THE HILL, there is barely any angle... Same for the AA cannon: it just jitters off the surface as you shoot...

Shooting on the move is out of the question. The entire hitching mechanism is buggy and constantly tumbling. You cannot even see the weapon unless you rotate the camera in the third-person losing the track of what is ahead of you.

You can actually nudge the parked weapon with your vehicle if you detach it while reversing, but if you aim for the barrel (an obvious way to rotate it without being attached to the vehicle), it just phases through.

A gunner cannot detach it himself, a driver cannot communicate with the gunner, the weapon cannot be positioned without the vehicle.

PS Is there a handbrake for vehicles? Can I actually stop the vehicle instead of reversing to cancel-out the forward momentum? I cannot state how many times I have failed to stop on the hill because I don't know how to brake... The highly limited up/down movement of the barrel requires a precise spot.

This. I was really excited for the shenanigans that would be possible by manually placing guns everywhere but in its current state they're useless. You can't even turn Paks. And to add to that, being hit by a sniper through the frontshield of an MG is total bullshit.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
giphy.gif

And after all of that, you get shot and killed anyway. No wonder nobody ever bothers.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Nightime on Narvik is actually better for visibility. Daytime Narvik is a searing whitehot assault on your eyeballs with patches of complete darkness to confuse your pupils.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I wish i had it record, once again shit is pathetic, Recon class has so many bugs with weapons, i put 5 shots in a player and they all registered as suppression hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, the player wasn't moving, about 40 meters away....

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Grand ops in Hannut is live.

Only found one server in south america (non in NA) with a queue of 10! But got in!

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Im close to uninstall the game. This assault meta of 3x scope make me sick. Even more when patch after patch, the assault class seems always more OP. And play frontlines and your team mate take a tank and use it at the back and dont even try to advance to the flag to help and make other team being less agressive to the capture point. whats the point of stay almost at the spawn and in the tank? remember people on BF1 with the artillery truck.

And scout class snipers is patetic. any distance - 65 damage. and close to anyone, you try change to pistol but 95% of the times is insta death and you cant do nothing. Maybe thats why snipers camping a lot more in this game.. shotgun is another thing.. sometimes 1 shot kill close and others hit 50 or less. dont even talk about medic.. in BF1 we got mondragon, sebalster(idk if type correctly) and this bf all of this type guns are in assault lol.
The days is passing and less interest i have in play this game..

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Assaults needs a nerf, but honestly this game is just a buggy PoS they need to fix the bugs first before they sit down and look at all the classes and do a rebalance...

Done with Recon level 20 and did Recon Mastery Assignments, time to finish Medic, will leave OP Assault for last...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
When you're not being killed by a 3x Assault player, it's a prone fucking Support. They really need to do something about the classes. It's dominated by Assault and Support.

Medic and Recon? What are those?

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone having trouble getting into a match? I've tried like 6 times and I'm just stuck on finding a game. Are they having server problems?
Yep. Wanted to play a wuick round TDM, but the system wasn't able to find a match. Never happened before. Conquest worked though.
There is definitely a matchmaking issue going on.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I wish i had it record, once again shit is pathetic, Recon class has so many bugs with weapons, i put 5 shots in a player and they all registered as suppression hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, the player wasn't moving, about 40 meters away....

I had the same once. Turned out I was pumping my entire ammo supply into a player shaped rock. I even ran up to it when I ran out of ammo and tried to beat it to death with my shovel. Took me ten minutes of R3'ing to realize it was a rock.... 😅

Are you sure that this didn't happen to you as well?

When you're not being killed by a 3x Assault player, it's a prone fucking Support. They really need to do something about the classes. It's dominated by Assault and Support.

Medic and Recon? What are those?

Depends on the mode really. Been playing TDM almost exclusively the last couple of weeks and there's loads of medics running around. But on the smaller maps medic is actually a great class, so that's understandable.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The assignments look much better this week. It's pretty much just play the game type of stuff. They don't force you into any modes or alter your play style too much.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I had the same once. Turned out I was pumping my entire ammo supply into a player shaped rock. I even ran up to it when I ran out of ammo and tried to beat it to death with my shovel. Took me ten minutes of R3'ing to realize it was a rock.... 😅

Are you sure that this didn't happen to you as well?

Nope, I am playing Frontlines on Twisted Steel, we getting pushed back(team sucks) i am on the bridge he's hiding, i get off the bridge get closer and put 5 shots into him and nothing, like i said wish it was recorded..

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how I feel about the Hannut GO yet. I do think it's the best GO so far though.

The Airborne section is good, no complaints there.

However, Breakthrough, I have mixed feelings about. You have tanks just sitting as far back as possible just nuking the objective area. Like Levelcap was on the attacking team and went like 57-3 or something. He just spammed the objective as far back as possible. It's like Aerodrome Breakthrough, but it's better because of the fortifications and AT guns and they gave defenders some vehicles too. Also at the second part of points the attacking team gets two aircraft and the defenders none and one AA. I didn't see the final point because we won.

Arras Rush was a lot of fun though. There are plenty of fortifications and stationary to deal with the vehicles. We ended up winning this too. They couldn't get passed the second pair of objectives.

So, I think I'd have a better impression of Breakthrough if the other team didn't have a bunch of tanks just sitting back padding their stats. I'm definitely going to play it some more because I did enjoy it. However, the other team made it really frustrating on Breakthrough even though we won.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how I feel about the Hannut GO yet. I do think it's the best GO so far though.

The Airborne section is good, no complaints there.

I find it to be highly skewed in defenders favor. As an attacked, you need to drop, cross the open roads/fields to assault entrenched defenders. You get no vehicles or planes to cover. What is more, camping on the dark map is automatically better as a defender because your still silhouette is harder to spot.

Contrast it to Aerodrome, where attacked have fucking 4 tanks and high ground.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I find it to be highly skewed in defenders favor. As an attacked, you need to drop, cross the open roads/fields to assault entrenched defenders. You get no vehicles or planes to cover. What is more, camping on the dark map is automatically better as a defender because your still silhouette is harder to spot.

Contrast it to Aerodrome, where attacked have fucking 4 tanks and high ground.

Compared to the other Airborne maps this one is pretty forgiving for the attackers. There are a lots of flanking opportunities with how the map and objectives are set up.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I liked GO in Hannut, however it was weird that it had no intro mologue. I don't know if it was because I was playing "before" it was supposed to launch or if it just doesn't have it. I'm not talking about the black screen white text, but the commander giving instructions like in the other GO.

Airborne is ok but I thought it would be darker. Everyone was at A/B though, C/D is more open and easier to get to thanks to that.

Breakthrough was cool. first objectives are easy on the attackers, but the last one is harder because of the hill. Also, bombers are SUPER important to take down Axis' tanks

Rush on Arras is fun, like really fun. Defenders have a lot of ways of defending well.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finished all the assignments and I did them on Hannut GO. So now I can give some better feedback on it.

Airborne Panzerstorm

I really like this. I think it's fairly balanced. However, attackers need to learn how to play it. They constantly just bash their heads against A and B for whole match and waste tickets and time. The map is ripe for flanking and you can easily go to C or D. It allows the attackers to hit from every angle and cause a lot of confusion for the defenders. Also squad wipes are extremely important for the attackers. The defenders spawn pretty from the objectives. For it being a night map, visibility really isn't a huge issue. Out of all the Airborne maps, this is the best one.

Breakthrough Panzerstorm

I love this, but I also hate it. This feels like what BF is all about. However, I hate it because of the teams. Both attackers and defenders will do this. The vehicles just sit as far back as possible, stat padding, while the infantry go into the meat grinder. However, there is no excuse for it on this map. The capture areas are huge. You can easily bring up vehicles to help, but a lot of players just feel the need to sit back and worry about K/D. However, that being said, this map is magical when you have decent teams on both sides and it's back and forth. You really get to see combined arms at play on this map. Everything gets used.

Rush Arras

This needs some balancing. I never seen the attackers win this, let alone get passed that second set of points. I've seen both wins and losses on Airborne/Breakthrough, but I never seen the attackers win on Rush. It seems like they either need more time or tickets. I think time would be a better option than tickets. I think the issue is the M-COMs being in buildings. When they are outside, they are pretty easy to take. However, M-COM B on the second set is in a building and it's almost impossible to get in there. BC 2 had M-COMs in buildings; however, you could completely level the building, so it didn't matter. BF V doesn't have the same amount of destruction, so taking the M-COMs in the buildings is tough.

Overall, I really like Hannut, I wish the other GO were more like it. It's not perfect by any means, but it's super fun and feels like BF.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Last night my patience finally expired for playing Breakout in Hamada, or Aerodrome as defenders. Hamada is such a terrible map. In Breakout and Frontlines there are long gaps between flags, and not enough tanks. In Conquest the map is split in half by the narrow bridge. Campers everywhere. Aerodrome in Breakout significantly favors the attackers.

Jan 4, 2018
GO Hannut had no intros and outros speechs when I played. I hope it's a bug, because narrative is weaker than ever without it.

I like the number of tanks on Hannut. Other GO should have more tanks.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Last night my patience finally expired for playing Breakout in Hamada, or Aerodrome as defenders. Hamada is such a terrible map. In Breakout and Frontlines there are long gaps between flags, and not enough tanks. In Conquest the map is split in half by the narrow bridge. Campers everywhere. Aerodrome in Breakout significantly favors the attackers.

I don't think the bridge splits Hamada in conquest at all. Infantry can go under and up the stairs / hill on the left side of the bridge, tanks can drive far right up towards the airfield. I will agree that Hamada needs more tanks all around though. Or more half tracks, anything really.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
This. I was really excited for the shenanigans that would be possible by manually placing guns everywhere but in its current state they're useless. You can't even turn Paks. And to add to that, being hit by a sniper through the frontshield of an MG is total bullshit.

I have complaints and frustrations with those too, but when they do work in those rare BF instances, they work pretty darn good.

In a match last night on Panzerstorm, me and another player on the German team setup a Pak40 and Flak 38 near the small depression with trees on the hill leading down to E flag and helped the team hold it for the entire game - they were further up near the road, and I setup a little further down next to the stone wall. They had at least 6 or more tanks destroyed in the pak40, where as I provided covering fire shooting down the hill with the Flak cannon and taking out any planes buzzing by. I was the recon class as well, so I would get out and mark targets the whole time. It was one of those 'now this is Battlefield' moments for sure, but only when things 'just work.'

My AA gun did roll down the hill on the first try setting it up, so that was pretty annoying. When I chased it down with the Hanomag, and got back into position, I simply left it attached in the best position for the remainder of the match.

Basically my suggestions for DICE for AA and Anti-Tank guns is:

- Make it so they don't roll around after detaching (make them lock to the ground somehow), they should really only move around by explosions
- The player model should be better hidden behind the shield on them, since that is what they are for (the head poking out on the anti-tank guns is especially bad)
- They should allow the anti-tank guns to rotate slowly to change facing as they do in Battlefield 1

Status
Not open for further replies.