• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The death experience is now the worst it has ever been. Between the garbage kill cam and not being able to tell if someone is almost done bleeding out.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
They found ways to add more bugs, this is sad, i really can't say anymore than that...

Deathcam bugged out and showed me my squadmates...

Oct 28, 2017
Vehicles are stronger than the've ever been (lol they totally needed buffs right?), support weapons are still broken as fuck, they didn't even fix vaulting, they broke the medic revive timer, nerfed the panzerfaust, and nerfed support being able to get a tiny bit of use out of AA guns. Did I miss anything?

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
So to summarise, they fixed.. nothing? And broke more shit. Truly outstanding.

The mantling feels better. General gameplay feels a little smoother as well, I think.

This is the fucking killcam lmao.

This is amazing.

Dice is clearly rushing these patches out trying to address the endless issues and the rush is just creating more issues. The downsides of launching a game months before it's done are real.

Oct 28, 2017
The mantling feels better. General gameplay feels a little smoother as well, I think.

This is amazing.

Dice is clearly rushing these patches out trying to address the endless issues and the rush is just creating more issues. The downsides of launching a game months before it's done are real.
I'm still getting the good old "hump a small rock two times before you're allowed to vault over it" shit going on.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Why didn't they just... you know... fix the old killcam instead of redesigning it? The old kill cam was fine when it actually worked and highlighted the enemy. Just leave the player in the downed state and highlight the enemy with a red glow you can see through walls like before, but make it work reliably.

Now the game feels odd and erratic as you get downed and fly across the field to lock onto a dude laying prone, only to snap back a second later as you're revived and now completely disoriented because you lost track of where you were and what was happening during the killcam. Just weird design work from them.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I got Origin Access yesterday basic and played about two hours of MP. Now after this update I load up to see "missing online access this account is restricted from any mp features"

What gives?

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

whCxOAJ.png

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like rushing an incomplete game to market and then attempting to fix it piecemeal after the fact doesn't fucking work.

It's almost like this game needs a public test server to test these patches, but instead it's the actual live environment is being used as the test server.

Excellent AAA dev work here

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm slaughtering with the MP40 right now but I can't tell if it's because the patch improved it a lot or if it's because everyone else is also running Medic right now so I'm not having to deal with as many Assault/Support people firing back. Lol.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It's almost like rushing an incomplete game to market and then attempting to fix it piecemeal after the fact doesn't fucking work.

It's almost like this game needs a public test server to test these patches, but instead it's the actual live environment is being used as the test server.

I mean, Dice only has so much say in when the game launches. EA severely mismanages their studios, misreads the market, and refuses to invest resources wisely. Dice made lots of legitimate mistakes, but much of this likely falls on EA's shoulders as well. There's no scenario where the staff at Dice were cheering at the game's launch date, I'd guess.

I think the evil publisher narrative is usually severely overblown (e.g., Bungie's freedom and projected return to brilliance), but it probably is more of the actual issue in this case.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I mean, Dice only has so much say in when the game launches. EA severely mismanages their studios, misreads the market, and refuses to invest resources wisely. Dice made lots of legitimate mistakes, but much of this likely falls on EA's shoulders as well. There's no scenario where the staff at Dice were cheering at the game's launch date, I'd guess.

I think the evil publisher narrative is usually severely overblown (e.g., Bungie's freedom and projected return to brilliance), but it probably is more of the actual issue in this case.
They're probably both equally to blame. DICE has known about the release date for a very, very long time. I expect it was DICE who pushed for Mirror's Edge Catalyst too, since it doesn't fit with EA's portfolio strategy, and it bombed. That's development time that could have gone into the BF franchise. On EA's side, it was a catastrophic failure to not have battle royale in for launch, and that surely hurt sales. EA should really have done a better job with supporting DICE with more hires or more studios supporting too, like Kotick did years ago when he put a huge focus on CoD and they consistently have a good annual release. I think the departure of Patrick Soderlund and Fortnite were also issues. Patrick set up a new studio in the area, and so did Epic, and I bet they're offering exciting work for more money to lure DICE employees away who may be bored after working on the same franchise forever.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've heard it's a DX12 issue. Try disabling DX12 and restarting Origin and BFV.

Yeah I saw online but I was playing yesterday via DX11.

I spoke to EA support via online chat. Had to verify files, sign out so they could revoke my access then re-sub to the trial, I did DX11/12, restarted the game. Nothing. I just asked for a refund. I can't be bothered with trouble shooting over a 10 hour trial. What a shame.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
I don't get how DICE learns lessons from previous BF games and then completely forgets them going forward. Hardline (I know it wasn't a DICE game) had a perfect killcam system, and it even had a timer for vehicle respawns, so you could choose to wait or spawn. And the UI has regressed substantially. It's nonsensical.

Edit: Shit, thinking about this really drove home how broken stuff is atm. Assignments and unlocks are worse in this game. Team balancing is non-existent. Operations seem like an after thought. Player visibility seems like something that can't or won't be fixed. 90% of the systems in BF5 were better in BF1. I don't understand how DICE aren't building from their last game and instead seem to be repeating mistakes they've already made. I am a BF fan, and it's really disheartening to see stuff like this going down.

It's pretty insane to watch from afar as well. Take the killcam being broken in this patch. That has to show up during internal testing, right? The issues are happening to everyone. Therefore you have to assume a conscious choice was made to either launch the patch knowing it'd be broken and just take the heat, or they just didn't test the patch?

Last edited:

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017

Tbh I'm not sure if you're really just this thick.
You are shitting on Dice when you should be shitting on EA.
Your post calling for the EA to shut down the studio is just stupid and you are only coming across as an asshole.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Your post calling for the EA to shut down the studio is just stupid and you are only coming across as an asshole.
Imagine being so pathetic that you have to defend a company scamming its customers by releasing a shitty, incomplete product.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Edit: They will not give me a refund. I was told I could by one person, and now not by another. (Origin Access basic). Barely managed to play 2 hours of BF5 before it broke on me. Nice.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The UI ain't this game is just an abject failure. Why the fuck are "Specializations" and "Customize" two different menus for weapons located in 2 entirely different submenus?

Why the fuck do you have to customize your soldiers for Axis and Allied separately?

It's baffling.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

LOL

I'm not the thick one here, friend. Do you even own this game or are you just stanning for the sake of stanning?
For the sake of my own entertainment, why don't you tell me how the most recent bug-ridden patch is not DICE's fault. I'll wait.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well you are.
I'm not your friend guy :)
Calling for a entire studio closing over a game is fucking stupid.
EA should have kept this game in the oven for a good 6 more months.

Sure thing, champ.

Still waiting on your explanation for how everything that DICE mismanaged after the game launched is still magically not their fault :)

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Must be nice to be able to blame EA for everything. Did they force Dice to release the shitty patch too?

Well I mean, they released the game in a state that wasn't finished (that's on EA).
Hence the patches are their fault since the game wasn't ready.

Been playing conquest this morning and I'm liking the new patch.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game isn't ready.
Easy as that.
Your hate boner for Dice is fucking strange.
Hahaha, no shit the game wasn't ready.

Way to completely avoid talking about DICE's mismanagement after the game's launch.

Translation: you have no clue what you're talking about but felt like playing the internet tough guy.

Feel free to miss me with that uneducated BS.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
Little warm in here today. Who cares who's fault it is. For real. You guys arguing isn't doing this board any favors. It's like the BF subreddit in here today. I get it some of you think the game is in a shitty state, but take it easy on the aggression.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Some posts here really remind you that the whole GAMERZ RISE UP thing isn't just a stupid meme.

Hahaha, no shit the game wasn't ready.

Way to completely avoid talking about DICE's mismanagement after the game's launch.

Translation: you have no clue what you're talking about but felt like playing the internet tough guy.

Feel free to miss me with that uneducated BS.
Translation:

Gaemearz raaaizz uuupp!

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Ongoing hostility. Accumulated infractions.
Translation:

Gaemearz raaaizz uuupp!

Oooof, shoehorning my posts into random memes because you got called out on being objectively wrong, sure showed me :)

Welcome to the ignore list with the rest of the bottom of the IQ barrel :)

Back on topic, is the vaulting / terrain traversal at least fixed? How are SMGs now?

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Oooof, shoehorning my posts into random memes because you got called out on being objectively wrong, sure showed me :)

Welcome to the ignore list with the rest of the bottom of the IQ barrel :)

Dude, I'm not the only one who considers your posts pathetic and petty obviously.

I think Dice are doing their best. They have been communicative with the community about the issues.

But saying that a studio should close... I mean we are lucky enough to have a dev on these boards so we can tell them what we want and you just act like a moron (was gonna day child, but the kids I teach have more empathy then you).

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
People, Ignore Mr. Carver.
Every now and then he has to stroke his little DICE hate boner because he's very insecure and not very good at the game.
So he comes in here and rant about DICE and demand people get fired, but it's all to hide his own insecurities.
I've heard through the grapevine that his k/d is laughably low, so cut him some slack. He's trying, but failing.
So do him and yourself and a favor and put him on ignore, like I did.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every now and then he has to stroke his little DICE hate boner because he's very insecure and not very good at the game.
So he comes in here and rant about DICE and demand people get fired, but it's all to hide his own insecurities.
I've heard through the grapevine that his k/d is laughably low, so cut him some slack. He's trying, but failing.

According to the stat tracker my K/D is right around 2 last I checked so you may want to check your grapes :)

Thanks for the heads up about the ignore though!

Edit: holy shit my stats are better than I thought

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Spartancarver/overview

Imagine it'll get even better once the game leaves Alpha and the bipods etc work properly

Last edited:

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah man, some truth right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.