• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
That's my impression as well. Of course there are some bugs but nothing completely game breaking and I think as well that this is the "best" launch of a BF since 3, far away from the nightmare that was BF4 (remember ? 6 months with 2 times out of 3 being unable to simply launch or finish a game...) and the many problems that BF1 had as well. But this might be because I'm playing on a X and not PC, so my comparison isn't the same as PC launch versions were always better than the console one. But this time it seems that PC and consoles are sharing the same (small but numerous) bugs, while console were fairly more buggy than PC before. I don't see any bug that couldn't be solved with a bit of time and polish (except TTD/death around corner and similar, but I've lost any hope on this since BF3 and I'm pretty sure it's something so deep in the frosbite engine that it won't be solved soon or even ever).

Launched better than BF1? The only issues BF1 had at launch were legacy bugs like vaulting, and 99% of them were just silly visual things like the spinning zeppelins. There weren't any mechanics that just didn't work.

I think people are already forgetting BFV's launch state. For instance, if you tried to tow a field cannon the cannon would clip into the vehicle and catapult it through the air (or blow it up outright). Just a lot of things outright didn't work.

And there's still some legit-gamebreaking stuff. Did you know: If you know that if you turn your sensitivity high enough and spin around in the top gun of a tank, the game will think the tank's out of bounds and blow it up? Fun fact!

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, throw my hat in the "it's not that buggy" ring for Battlefield 1. Unquestionably there are bugs, and they're annoying, at worst very frustrating in their disruption of moment-to-moment play (netcode, bipod, etc). But I dunno...I can personally see past these issues for underlining game formula that still works and is a ton of fun. Which is where Battlefield V sits for me; flaws, warts, and all, I fucking love it when it comes together and adore the direction DICE took with the series. I don't buy into the unforgivably buggy, half-finished, broken game narrative that some push, though I also don't want to detract from that perspective. If ya feel that way, so be it.

Battlefield 4 was a game I also adored but undoubtedly shipped in a worst state, in my opinion. Unlike Battlefield V half the maps were literally unplayable. As in, had broken audio (total silence) or would straight up crash. Not like...buggy, unstable, or in need of refinement. Broken. Factually broken. That is, to me, a far worst state to launch in.

Battlefield 3 is continually cited as a series high. And hey, I can see why. I think DICE did a lot of good with that game. But the peer-to-peer networking backbone will always sour my memory of that game. For all the shit we give modern Battlefield, including V, for their netcode bullshit and the time it takes to iron stuff out, from memory Battlefield 3 stayed that way forever. It worked in the same way Battlefield V works, only worse, as the die-while-around-corner issue was prevalent for its entire lifespan. That's the price you pay when you make a game of this scale and flush dedicated servers down the drain.

Meanwhile Battlefront 1 was a really good, if content lite game that launched fine but was a bit mangled post-launch via imbalanced season pass item updates. Battlefront 2 is an ass of a game in my opinion due to the mess of microtransactions and the distancing from Battlefront 1's game systems (it's boring as hell now), but it works and has a lot of content as-is. And DICE has at least offered a decent bulk of post launch content.

Battlefield 1 was probably their strongest, most polished launch. But even so that had issues too. There was seriously like a 2 months patch only mid last year where all Australian servers were perpetually fucked and aggressively ping spiking and crashing and EA never really clarified why or addressed it quick enough.

For me the issue isn't DICE persay, but how long EA give them to cook up a project. Battlefield games are nothing to scoff at. Their ambitious in scope, probably very difficult to balance and easy to break. There are a huge quantity of game systems running all at once. Battlefield V is this just as many others, and had a pretty damn quick turn around time.

Put the game in the oven for another 12 months and we'd have seen something a bit different, I'm sure.

No arguments about BF 4, But also saying BFV is "not that buggy" but also that it would have benefited from an entire extra *year* of dev is funny to me. And I agree that it needed at least 6-12 extra months of dev, which is probably why half the game isn't released until March and we get to desperately wait for patch after patch :D

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
No arguments about BF 4, But also saying BFV is "not that buggy" but also that it would have benefited from an entire extra *year* of dev is funny to me. And I agree that it needed at least 6-12 extra months of dev, which is probably why half the game isn't released until March and we get to desperately wait for patch after patch :D

Yeah haha, it's an odd thing to say. I think I mean just DICE as a whole, and their projects. Battlefield V is buggy, I just don't personally have much in the ways of game breaking bugs. Netcode and bipods are the biggest issues, which sometimes are frustrating enough to ALT-F4. It still feels functional as a game, and most game systems work as intended, unlike Battlefield 4's launch.

But an extra 12 months always helps, and with games of this scope it'd give DICE the chance to really refine their game systems and ensure they launch in the best state possible.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Patch issues

- Frontlines 8vs8.
- HUGE delay in the transition between Killcard and Bleedout.
- Killcam issues.
- The revive icon doesn't count down over downed mates.
- Maps are displayed twice (Menu).
- 3rd person crosshairs are gone.

Nice QA right there

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
First match with the patch and there's living human garbage spawn camping our main spawn with an aircraft.

Lovely.

EDIT: lol two guys on the opposition with 50+ fighter kills and zero deaths. Fuck this game right into the dirt.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So, a pretty annoying issue. You can't tell who is bleeding out. The down icon remains full, so you don't know how much time you have to revive someone.

I'll post more thoughts later, this one is just bugging me the most.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Patch issues

- Frontlines 8vs8.
- HUGE delay in the transition between Killcard and Bleedout.
- Killcam issues.
- The revive icon doesn't count down over downed mates.
- Maps are displayed twice (Menu).
- 3rd person crosshairs are gone.

Nice QA right there
One can only guess they are bugs that are somehow only introduced once the patch is live, not on the test server. In the case of Frontline 8v8 since it depend on matchmaking, it pretty easy to understand how that could happen. The other ones thought are far less expected.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just hope we don't have to wait another week to fix all the bugs they introduced with this patch... it REALLY feels like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back at this point.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I for one, welcome the visibility perks of this game. It means I can eat a full meal or go get my mail or take a shower all while proning and I will come back and still be alive right where I left it.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
First match with the patch and there's living human garbage spawn camping our main spawn with an aircraft.

Lovely.

EDIT: lol two guys on the opposition with 50+ fighter kills and zero deaths. Fuck this game right into the dirt.
I had this happen to a game yesterday on Arras Conquest, they "only" went up to 25-30 kills with no death.

Thanks god they now have better reload time on rockets and bomb, 33% more cannons rounds and they made the Heavy Weapon trait not as good as it was before for AA gun.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I for one, welcome the visibility perks of this game. It means I can eat a full meal or go get my mail or take a shower all while proning and I will come back and still be alive right where I left it.
PossibleUnsteadyBasilisk-small.gif

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The kill cam shows a guy for like a second then it just shoots straight up into the sky looking at nothing.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
lol players still exploiting the lay-prone-on-back low visibility to dominate

Loving it. Real fun.

Oct 28, 2017
I had this happen to a game yesterday on Arras Conquest, they "only" went up to 25-30 kills with no death.

Thanks god they now have better reload time on rockets and bomb, 33% more cannons rounds and they made the Heavy Weapon trait not as good as it was before for AA gun.
It's not like the AA guns were even that useful to begin with either. You're a stationary, loud easy target that needed to fire uninterrupted for a great deal of time to even kill an aircraft. Oh, and the bomber can ignore the damage and just drop a bomb on you and kill you.
That's not how AA works, guys!

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Game just crashed to desktop, ripperoni.

One thing that is cool and I never noticed before is the blood on your weapon.

blood.png

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Have yet to jump back in after this patch but that's pretty bad. Did they get a buff or something?

Nah, it's just really hard to see them. A lot of players do it because the positioning blends well into the terrain and the lighting engine kinda mutes the player model. It's a fair tactic in the sense that it's in the game, but it's a known highly viable strategy as it's hard to see these players essentially "playing dead" on their back.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
There's a new kill cam? i am still getting regular one lol...

It's the same killcam but it does a more aggressive zoom on the opponent that killed you to highlight their positioning. Or it's supposed to. Sometimes it seems to zoom in on nothing. And then spazzes out when it returns, looking off into the sky. Also it sometimes introduces a delay between the kill cam and the bleed out. So it just slows the experience down (if marginally).

I dont know if the patch notes state they tried to address visibility. If they do, they lied, because it looks exactly the same on my end. Louder enemy footsteps are nice though.

I dunno. Not really impressed with the patch.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It appears the death cam doesn't know what it should do if the guy that killed you died before it could zoom in on him. That is why it feels so weird.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
It's not like the AA guns were even that useful to begin with either. You're a stationary, loud easy target that needed to fire uninterrupted for a great deal of time to even kill an aircraft. Oh, and the bomber can ignore the damage and just drop a bomb on you and kill you.
That's not how AA works, guys!
Yup. Well in this case it wasn't bomber but fighter, but they can pretty much kill you just as fast.

Still gave a try at killing them with AA, keeping it attached to a vehicule to relocate between attempt. I was able to get 110+ damage on a plane, twice; only for it to, I can only guess, use their instant repair during my hits so they didn't even die from those two attempts.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
So, game still have a lot of broken stuff even after latest patch ?
No news here, move along.

DICE is getting completely out of place, and believe me I still play BFV everyday, but hey, they are fucking up in every corner.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Recon needs an over haul, you get out gun by spray and pray weapons from 50meters with ease, first time I played recon in BF1, I went 37-2 on Monta Grappa, BFV lucky to get 10 kills, the damage on the guns compared to BF1 is shit, BF1 90% of the guns were max damage...

PS: Anyway not to be in a squad? i like to do my own thing, in BF1 unless i am playing with friends i never join squads...

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Yeh, but what's up with the delivery times? Rush limited time, and only for March ? I thought it was suppose to launch in January/February.
To be fair they never said that :
RMG8SuisPMcuQs-z1C-s8-Qi0VHvPZPKJqeH5xIbd5s.jpg

It's just that none of us ( or few of us idk ) thought it would mean that the big things would be at the far end of every estimates. Rush in March ? Coop in february ? Trial by fire likely to only begin after the 20th of march and we now realize that the new coop mission and worst, the new map, might actually not even be a march release.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah planes. Two fighter planes. Both players obviously A+++ class skilled and absolutely positively impossible to stop. What a rubbish experience.

That sounds awful. Dice should probably nerf Panzerfausts again, just in case.

lol players still exploiting the lay-prone-on-back low visibility to dominate

Loving it. Real fun.

This will be the meta until Dice specifically makes changes to address it. They're embracing this low visibility, prone meta at the moment for God knows why.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
This will be the meta until Dice specifically makes changes to address it. They're embracing this low visibility, prone meta at the moment for God knows why.

It's cool to see your body when prone that way ? Dunno.

Honestly, due to the slow ass turning rate you have when in this position, i hardly find it that usefull. You're basically locked looking in a specific direction and can't look around. Did it a few times myself but it's not something very usefull most of the time.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First game in. Spawnscreen completely bugged and zoomed to outside the map, showing most spawns on top of each other. Didn't have any sound at all till I respawned.

What's going on at DICE? Fucking joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.