• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
How long does the current ToW takes? I have only completed the first task (Complete a GO) and haven't played since the 26th since I was on Vacation

I have so much to do already but want to find time to complete this thing

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
How long does the current ToW takes? I have only completed the first task (Complete a GO) and haven't played since the 26th since I was on Vacation

I have so much to do already but want to find time to complete this thing

You have until the 6 to do the rest (and good luck with the bugginess of the tracking).

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaand the first match I play in weeks ends up with half the opposing team leaving when they fell behind.

Server is currently 29 vs 10 lol.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The fact DICE haven't given the medic class any new weapons really does stink. The class is barely played and whilst it has some of the most powerful close quarter guns in the game it is a one trick pony class. Smoke - get close - hipfire. It works in many situations. But it needs more variety somehow to be fun.

We've so far had post-launch - a new MMG and shotgun for support. An AR and Semi Auto for Assault and an SLR for Recon.

Medics - nothing. And its the class that most needs a boost to get more people playing it. I played a conquest round yesterday where I was the only medic on either side. 64 players and only one played medic - me.

Come on DICE. It really isn't good enough.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Didn't one of the devs mention something was meant to be coming for Medics as part of ToW? What happened there?

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Didn't one of the devs mention something was meant to be coming for Medics as part of ToW? What happened there?

Think it was a vague promise. Just like "medics will get new stuff soon".

But it is already too late. DICE needed to give the medics new stuff before they threw out the ribyrolles.....

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed BFV over the new years sale, and I am impressed. I am a die-hard BF fan and while this game isn't perfect, the feverish anti-hype that surrounds it is not deserved at all. I'd even go so far as to say it's the best 'modern' Battlefield (BF2 for life!) for me. It'll only get better if they keep the content coming. If.

I think it's a fair criticism that it needed something to draw in the punters like D-Day or Wake Island. A remake of an old map would go a long way. But at the same time they've tried to do their own thing - highlighting unknown battles, less popular weapons, etc.

The maps in the game are great and I love Grand Operations. I've not seen a game do 'cinematic gameplay' in a multiplayer gameplay so well since Titanfall 2. I think my current front runner is Twisted Steel, because as an attacker the variety and changing gameplay in that one map as it progresses across the bridge and into the swamps is fantastic.

I would like Medics to have carbines/semi-autos...

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
I had fun playin with ya savage.
Thanks man, it was good playing with you too. I'm really torn about whether I should get rid of it or not, where I'm just planning on buying it again in a couple of months. Not sure what to do. It's only 2 dollars more than the pro status would be for trade in and I don't really have anything I want to spend it on...

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Alright everyone, dilemma for you all. I have elite pro status through Gamestop for one more day. I can get nearly what I paid for Battlefield V out of it with the bonus. I'm planning on playing when they get some more updates in place. Do I keep and just wait for the update, or do I take advantage of the elite pro status and get something different (I have no idea what, however).

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Alright everyone, dilemma for you all. I have elite pro status through Gamestop for one more day. I can get nearly what I paid for Battlefield V out of it with the bonus. I'm planning on playing when they get some more updates in place. Do I keep and just wait for the update, or do I take advantage of the elite pro status and get something different (I have no idea what, however).

How much dough are we talking about?

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What's the opinion on the FG-42? I haven't upgraded it fully but I still prefer the KE7 and the Lewis. Especially the Lewis. The FG-42 seems to be more like a run and run weapon, I am having a hard time at medium to long ranges even when prone. Also, does the Quick Aim trait fuck up the AA sights? They don't seem to align properly.

Also the best squad should never be on the losing side.

Last edited:

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Just a quick question... why, there is no anti cheat in BF? I mean, BF. Is getting crowded with aimbotters everyday

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Just a quick question... why, there is no anti cheat in BF? I mean, BF. Is getting crowded with aimbotters everyday

Game was delayed and still made it out the door unfinished. They'll get to anti-cheat stuff eventually, maybe. It's probably on the list alongside the other 75 issues like company coin.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey there's cheaters now. Just ran into a guy who was insta 1 hit kill-headshotting everyone in his tank with the machine gun.

I can't wait until they get ignored just like cheaters do in every single other DICE game! I don't remember the last time a dev was straight up apathetic about the rampant cheating in their game.

Edit:

LOL and now there's a bug where tank gunners are randomly invulnerable!

When's the last time a dev took such little pride in their game? Pathetic. It's getting harder and harder to stomach this nonsense when so many other games this gen launched with such polish. RDR2 (hate the controls but cannot deny the amount of polish and how few, if any glitches I've encountered), God of War, Horizon...these all cost the same as this buggy unfinished mess :/

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
The fact DICE haven't given the medic class any new weapons really does stink. The class is barely played and whilst it has some of the most powerful close quarter guns in the game it is a one trick pony class. Smoke - get close - hipfire. It works in many situations. But it needs more variety somehow to be fun.

We've so far had post-launch - a new MMG and shotgun for support. An AR and Semi Auto for Assault and an SLR for Recon.

Medics - nothing. And its the class that most needs a boost to get more people playing it. I played a conquest round yesterday where I was the only medic on either side. 64 players and only one played medic - me.

Come on DICE. It really isn't good enough.
It pisses me off that medics only get smg's while every other class gets two weapon types. And they all suck.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
So it's common for game devs to do ban waves instead of banning individually in order to make it harder for cheat makers to figure out how they are exposed. Unfortunately I have no faith in EA and DICE. They really need to be more active on social media, release more messages indicating they are noticing the concerns of the community.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I hit level 50 other day and maxed out my main class, medic. If I didn't have some history playing and enjoying the franchise, I would probably not play anymore and move on to something else. Between the lack of communication around fixing bugs and all the other issues, I just don't see why a new player would stay and wait around. No matter if DICE is on holiday, with all the complaints on social media, it would greatly benefit the player base to take a break from the break and make a statement to the community with a status update. Even if it's to acknowledge the issues and ensure that the team is working on fixes. To just take off for a few weeks with radio silence is disappointing with the game in its current state.

John Dope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I've come along way since the game's lainch and have gotten my K/D up to a one slowly (not that k/d matters but still). The o lot problem I'm still having is inconsistency due to lack of communication with random strangers not willing to go for the objectives. So can someone PM me the ERA servers so I can join some of you guys? I play on pc mostly on late night weekends and am on US central time

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
I can't believe how OP the Sten is lol, I've been using the MG42 for a month so I'm used to mowing groups down.

Also is the Tommy Gun (M1928A1) worth going for?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I am level 5, still trying to get a feel of the game and some dude in my squad is calling me trash and telling me to leave...i have played BF3, BF4, BF1, and never had that happen.....i ignored him.

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
I can't believe how OP the Sten is lol, I've been using the MG42 for a month so I'm used to mowing groups down.

Nice! I just started using it again and love it.

Tommy gun RoF is nuts! I'm still learning the feel of it, and I'm having a blast. Fun and absolutely destroys people close range.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Does this game have some broken SSM in it or something? Every single fucking game without fail for the last week I get put in a vastly inferior team that is almost unable to get out of their spawn and losing by 300/400 tickets in Conquest.

It's fucking unplayable.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am level 5, still trying to get a feel of the game and some dude in my squad is calling me trash and telling me to leave...i have played BF3, BF4, BF1, and never had that happen.....i ignored him.

Yea, my experience with the PC community in game has not been good.

Also, why does simply moving around feel like you're doing an invisible obstacle course? DICE games have never been good about player interaction with the game world, but this game is bad at it even by their own low standards. I don't love having to vault over invisible shit, or vaulting over visible shit multiple times before the game finally registering it. Lets not even talk about the shitty animation and how many problems that has itself.\

Does this game have some broken SSM in it or something? Every single fucking game without fail for the last week I get put in a vastly inferior team that is almost unable to get out of their spawn and losing by 300/400 tickets in Conquest.

It's fucking unplayable.

They never figured it out in Battlefront 2, I don't think they have any idea how to balance teams.

Last edited:
OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

ObedientRapidGenet-small.gif

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I stopped playing. And if the next patch doesn't improve it, I'm going back to bf1.
I never go for any of this assignment stuff in MP games but tried it out in this game. It's annoying as hell for sure but the gameplay is really good so I'm sticking with the game. I have a blast playing it despite the shitty tracking when it comes to Tides of War and shit.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I had a similar thing happen to me. I have literally played the series since the very beginning but I am at a point and quite frankly at an age I just play for fun. I die a whole lot and truly give two shits about my K/D ratio. So I just kept my mic off and let them keep talking shit.

Ironically enough this same squad mate kept saying "okay, looks like we should be going to B now" since we were playing Conquest.
They kept saying every capture point that I, as the Squad Leader, was marking for us to go to next, since I you know, actually play as a Squad Leader when I am one.

Towards the end of the match he remarked how it was cool the game was telling us where to go as it hardly ever did that.
I had to share with him that it was actually me doing it, to which he immediately replied he did not believe me.
I then proceeded to call out every single objective point I was about to pick then I would pick it.
He finally believed me that I was the one choosing them, and then I explained to him how he could even request an order from his Squad Leader.

Right before the match ended, he thanked me for showing him that aspect of the game as it opened up a whole new way of playing it.
He then actually said, and I am not kidding "but you still suck" before signing off.

I just laughed.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Tommy Gun is amazing until you get out gunned by an LMG in close quarters. The recoil can be hectic for long distance targets but overall, it's great. Make sure you hipfire in close quarter engagements

Oct 25, 2017
What's the opinion on the FG-42? I haven't upgraded it fully but I still prefer the KE7 and the Lewis. Especially the Lewis. The FG-42 seems to be more like a run and run weapon, I am having a hard time at medium to long ranges even when prone. Also, does the Quick Aim trait fuck up the AA sights? They don't seem to align properly.

Also the best squad should never be on the losing side.

I hated it

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Those armoured transport vehicles have waaaaay too much health, IMO. I swear it takes less shots from a heavy tank to kill another tank than it does that thing

I mean it's not like they do much but with the limited ammo we have in tanks it's almost not even worth engaging

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
battlefieldtracker.com isn't tracking everything. It missed all matches from a few days ago and yesterday too. No idea why. My stats are also completely different than the ones in game because of that.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017

It's fucking unplayable.
There doesn't seem to be much balancing going on, I've noticed someone move to the other side between games once so far and that could just be someone playing with friends.

Players leave when they're frustrated because the team is bad, so those are the most likely slots to open up.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
battlefieldtracker.com isn't tracking everything. It missed all matches from a few days ago and yesterday too. No idea why. My stats are also completely different than the ones in game because of that.

No idea why ? The game can't track your games by itself. I don't see how a third party could do a better job at it. :p

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I only play now when there's new ToW item to unlock or the boys wanna hit a couple of games before we switch to something else

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I tried going back to BO4, but I actually still have more fun playing BFV despite the state of it. So frustrating to know this game could be even better if they didn't launch so early.

Status
Not open for further replies.