• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :D
I feel like you have had so many people yell at you and tell you how to do your job in this thread (And other BFV threads) that it makes it impossible at this point to tell who is joking and who isn't... I was definitely being sarcastic.

This is great news! Really looking forward to it... Hopefully there will be some great new skins to spend some Coin Coin on.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
DICE being in Sweden is so good, because I love waking up to a game that has already updated, instead of having to wait for a West Coast developer to flip a switch.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm curious to see how medic will play post-patch. It's the only class that feels useless in particular maps/modes (e.g., Hamada Breakthrough on Defense), like I'm essentially lowering our player count by picking medic. I appreciate the way they've tried to structure medic on its (intended) real world role, but having nothing to do but take pot shots at enemies and wait for our fortification to get bombed is not particularly fun.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Put me in the minority on this one as well, but when Hamada fields two good teams that know how to PTFO, then it's a great map for Breakthrough.

Problem is that it's rare not to have a dominant bomber and half the team sitting back sniping.

No, the attacking team has to heavily outskill the defending team to do anything. Its little more than a large valley you spawn into with a line of enemys sitting on a cliff with tanks, snipers and stationary weapons already ADS just waiting to pick you off. The 2nd set of objectives in particular is shocking. Like how did this map make it passed the internal playtests in that state. Most of the big battlefield youtubers agree on this map being unbearable in breakthrough

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
RIP Ju 88.

b7a1afa00756ccdd4c031d3e5d044e50.jpg

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my copy in today. Was able of play one match before work. Played assault the whole time just to get my bearings. I primarily mained support or medic on the last 3 BF's but I'm a mid range guy so I may have to wait a bit till I'm comfortable with the game before trying out the CQ style that medics have. PM me if you play on PS4 I should be on tonight after 10pm central

Edit: if anyone has any tips for best maps to play on conquest or any other starter tips let me know

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
AJDEKtI.jpg

My ZH-29 is sitting without a gold stock because the game isn't giving me the final Mastery assignment -_-

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I think DICE messed up Conquest Assault. Why does the defending team get a home base? I thought they are supposed to not have them in this mode.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
What are some good Youtube channels to follow for BF5? I've watched most of jackfrags' stuff.

I have to ask for recommendations because these days I have like a 50/50 chance of getting some alt-right asshole when randomly checking out new gaming channels.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
I have 6 hours left on my #TRYBFV Acces left, I've been saving them for the patch. Hopefully it improves lots of things, then I might buy it!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely weird they delayed it day of but glad they got it turned around quickly. Still have barely touched this on account of Red Dead, maybe I'll use this patch as an opportunity to see how things are now that we're a bit removed from launch.

Madness1001

Nov 5, 2017
What are some good Youtube channels to follow for BF5? I've watched most of jackfrags' stuff.

I have to ask for recommendations because these days I have like a 50/50 chance of getting some alt-right asshole when randomly checking out new gaming channels.

I don't watch a lot of youtube but Sacriel and Stodeh are usually decent on Twitch.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That Panzerfaust damage nerf seems excessive maybe 🤨 It wasn't thaaaaat hard to hit tanks in their weak spots before. Now we won't even be able to kill a tank with the ammo we spawn with

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
There's quite a lot of changes. People must've been working non-stop since the cert issue was discovered.

As a former QA lackey, you guys complain too much. Takes time to test that shit.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
As a tank boi, these rocket nerfs please me, and make me want to be more daring.

As a lonewolf who sometimes has to take out an enemy tank on foot, these rocket changes also scare me.

Edit: Also I just realized with the Tank story missions adding Shermans, they're pretty much a lock for MP right? Gosh I hope the Americans come soon!

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
They can't launch a tank focused map with the panzerfaust the way it is now, they just can't.
I suppose there's a balance to be had, but that nerf almost seems like they went too far in the other direction. On paper it sounds odd if I can grab max rockets and hit a tank three times in the rear and not even be guaranteed a kill.

But we'll have to see how it all plays out anyway. Maybe it's for the best

D-Volt

Jan 31, 2018
Can't wait to drive a tank on the new map and have everyone in the tank jump out at the first capture point because evidently everyone wants to be cut down by enemy turret fire. Playing with randoms is the best! Woo hoo!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I suppose there's a balance to be had, but that nerf almost seems like they went too far in the other direction. On paper it sounds odd if I can grab max rockets and hit a tank three times in the rear and not even be guaranteed a kill.

But we'll have to see how it all plays out anyway. Maybe it's for the best

You also have dynamite or grenade launcher (which I have killed tanks with before). It will require some luck, a lot of skill, and lots of guts to solo a tank now.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What's this? I just got it today but I didn't play with my mic set up yet
I dunno if it's what he's talking about but I was streaming a bit on PS4 the other night and turned off VOIP in-game so I didn't annoy people with my rambling. Several rounds later I suddenly hear someone else talk and I realise that everyone has heard everything I had been saying even though the setting was off. So embarrassing, haha

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if it's what he's talking about but I was streaming a bit on PS4 the other night and turned off VOIP in-game so I didn't annoy people with my rambling. Several rounds later I suddenly hear someone else talk and I realise that everyone has heard everything I had been saying even though the setting was off. So embarrassing, haha
Lol. Something similar happened to me before. I got a new headset after my turtle beach broke and this new one doesn't play my ambient audio in my headphones so I can't tell what I sound like (background noise wise) or what my chat volume is. As a result I forgot that my mic was plugged in once and spent fifteen minutes talking about fucking 😳😬

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Why wouldn't you provide feedback though? No one is saying you're wrong. People are just voicing that they have had different experiences with classes, weapons, and maps, and that DICE should get feedback from everyone.

Naah Dude. I know where this is heading.

Just give Medic a no weapon option for full "Hacksaw Ridge" experience.

Revive animation? Fucking brillant. It did a great cool down. No more beserk reviving.

Infinite self healing with This TTK and more accurate/easy gunplay? Almost useless.
And giving them only SMG......

Tanks are not giving that "oh shit! , i need to start panic right now as an infantry" feeling, Assault/Support doing some pew pew and that thing is gone.

Some changes went too far for my taste.

Last edited:

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It's difficult to put into words how much I hate this fucking idiotic playerbase. It's been a week since I've seen a medic throw a smoke to revive someone. No squadmates revive. No one fucking does anything. Mantling never works when you want it to. The spotting bug makes flanking pointless. The comeback mechanic makes you lose games because you had a slight lead at the wrong time. Quitting games doesn't even work right.

There's no game this year I've spent a higher percentage of my time playing it angry. Congratulations on your game, Dice.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Teammates are something else. I had a Recon squad mate that was 0m from me. He was looking at me and it was safe to revive, but he just ran off.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I think the default option should be for the squads being open. If someone wants a a private session, feel free to set it to private manually. But the default should be open. Every match I see private 2 people squads and most of the players don't even realise that their squads are private.

We also need an agressive auto-balancing, which keeps squads intact.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Great patch notes. They address a lot of the bugs I've been having.

I'm pleased to see that the JU-88s have been nerfed. JU-88 pilots had become insufferable with their bomb trolling. It was just way too OP.

I can't wait for the new map. The age of the dueling tanks is going to be amazing. As a support, I'll be hanging back, and repairing them, while lying on my belly, trying to cut down the advancing troops with my MG-42.

Status
Not open for further replies.