• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I love that no one knew about the bug till the other day when that one person noticed it then it became the most important thing :P

Obviously it needs fixed but communities get caught up on specific things sometimes.

Yeah, I'm wondering how many people would actually had noticed this, if someone didn't say something. The game has been out almost a month (ea premier) and no one said a word. Given that, I highly doubt the average player notices this. So that's why I'm just kind of like eh whatever.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
It's amazing what better load times can do for a game (on console). Battlefield 1 was so bad in that regard that I almost never wanted to boot it up.

Mate playing full 32vs32 BFV Conquest on my PS4 Pro and switching to PlayStation homescreen almost instantly without hickups, mindblowing

Now try that with 6vs6 TDM Blops4 going on
Never seen anything like this for a long time

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Let's hope this bug "stays hidden" for the time being.. Not many people are aware of this outside of folks who visit forums at this point.
It's not really a bug you can "exploit' by knowing it exist. Every time you kill someone and another enemy isn't far and doen't ignore the minimap, you are a victim of the bug. Every time you shot someone because you saw him on the minimap, you might be exploiting that bug.

As others have pointed out, as someone who mostly play flanking, knowing about that bug made me understand a good number of my death, which otherwise pretty much only made sense if it was squad mates with voice com ( but seemed unlikely given how often it happened ).

Oct 25, 2017
As others have pointed out, as someone who mostly play flanking, knowing about that bug made me understand a good number of my death, which otherwise pretty much only made sense if it was squad mates with voice com ( but seemed unlikely given how often it happened ).

I kind of wonder if this "bug" was made into a feature because of the bolded. The game basically holds the player's hand when it comes to communicating threats, instead of forcing people to get on the mic.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the main issues for me would be the bombs spawning underground/not updating their position when picked up.
Games not ending when they should.
Black screen on loading requiring a restart
When entering the gunner seat on tank the gun isn't centred.
The bug where ADS isn't working properly on your main gun.
The gunner seat on the blenheim being unavailable to squadmates.
The issue with spotting when getting a kill.

The rest would be balance issues and I imagine those will be adjusted back and forth over the next year!

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
So I've been playing for a few hours now, thanks to #TRYBFV. I played about 4 hours so far and I quite like it (I'm still playing BF1 daily) but I do feel it's light on content and there's quite a bit of bugs and annoyances still...

I'll wait for the first DLC update as well as Firestrom (March?) and hopefully a price-drop to go along with them! (Still no price-drop in Canada)... I feel it still needs 4-6 more months to get rid of bugs, balance issues etc...

With that said, that Assault Class Panzerfaust's really bringing back BF1942 memories

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I kind of wonder if this "bug" was made into a feature because of the bolded. The game basically holds the player's hand when it comes to communicating threats, instead of forcing people to get on the mic.
I guess, in a way it has always been true with the manual spotting, which was basically "press A to tell others what you just saw, but without a mic". My problem with it has always been that it pretty much does it better than voice ever could. It give that information instantly, to the whole team, not just the squad, and except for not showing the elevation ( say over or below a bridge, or 1 or 2nd floor of a house ) at least with 2d spotting, it also give perfect information, which is close to impossible to do by voice, even using compass coordinates. All in all it always made proper communication feel far less rewarding.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Lack of 3D spotting ( many, including me, first need to adapt to this)
Reducing TTK AND gunplay more precise

We dont need hardcore mode right? Right? Can it get more Hardcore?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
It's not really a bug you can "exploit' by knowing it exist. Every time you kill someone and another enemy isn't far and doen't ignore the minimap, you are a victim of the bug. Every time you shot someone because you saw him on the minimap, you might be exploiting that bug.

Almost no one looks at the mini map.. Casual players usually ignore it even so

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Does anyone feel overall sounds need to be worked on? I tried multiple sounds Settings but I feel the balancing is off?! Especially nearby Vehicles & Planes sounds are very low and almost impossible to hear.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Does anyone feel overall sounds need to be worked on? I tried multiple sounds Settings but I feel the balancing is off?! Especially nearby Vehicles & Planes sounds are very low and almost impossible to hear.

Ive set Sound Mode to Wartapes . Its more chaotic but i actually here enemies nearby.

Sound Problem exists imo. Never had to adjust this. Im using Turtle Beach 700p

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started last night and honestly I feel like playing COD WW2 last year has prepared me for this!

Because of the map size and player numbers it makes it so much easier just to slow down, breathe and rack up kills.

Am I blind or is the ppsh not in battlefield 5?

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Climbed up to Recon(usually my least favorite class) Rank 13 over the weekend. I wasn't enjoying it at first, but after unlocking the ZH-29 with a magazine, I've changed my tune. It feels like I can be both passive and aggressive as needed with it compared to some of the other self loading rifles.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess, in a way it has always been true with the manual spotting, which was basically "press A to tell others what you just saw, but without a mic". My problem with it has always been that it pretty much does it better than voice ever could. It give that information instantly, to the whole team, not just the squad, and except for not showing the elevation ( say over or below a bridge, or 1 or 2nd floor of a house ) at least with 2d spotting, it also give perfect information, which is close to impossible to do by voice, even using compass coordinates. All in all it always made proper communication feel far less rewarding.

I think the post-kill 2D spotting is more of a response to the dwindling number of people properly communicating on voice chat (at least on console), and the removal of 3D spotting in BF1. But like you said, it does make proper voice chat even less rewarding.

Oct 25, 2017
Climbed up to Recon(usually my least favorite class) Rank 13 over the weekend. I wasn't enjoying it at first, but after unlocking the ZH-29 with a magazine, I've changed my tune. It feels like I can be both passive and aggressive as needed with it compared to some of the other self loading rifles.

Nice, what scope do you use for that if you're playing aggressively? I've been running a pathfinder build using a 3x scope on the Gehwehr, and it's really challenging trying to PTFO. I'll probably switch to the ZH soon.

Oh and it's also annoying whenever I join a squad, and my squadmates automatically assume I'm chilling on a cliffside sniping and not contributing.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started last night and honestly I feel like playing COD WW2 last year has prepared me for this!

Because of the map size and player numbers it makes it so much easier just to slow down, breathe and rack up kills.

Am I blind or is the ppsh not in battlefield 5?
The sumogi is a finish gun that the Soviets still designs for it to become the PPSh

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Even though me and my crew are tiring of the maps by now we still load this up everyday. The gunplay and squadplay is just so damn good. I love how many guns feel great for so many classes, and every session I can concentrate on a different one and get used to the recoil and tap fire rythym and go beast mode with it.

Seriously if they keep adding new content to this game it might end up being the best BF of all. The mechanics are just so much better.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it truly remarkable that even when every class is able to revive, still most random players just don't do it.

Part of this is them needing to do a better job of communicating to you that there are people around that need to be revived. In the middle of everything else that is going on in the game, it isn't always easy to notice.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I'm wondering how many people would actually had noticed this, if someone didn't say something. The game has been out almost a month (ea premier) and no one said a word. Given that, I highly doubt the average player notices this. So that's why I'm just kind of like eh whatever.
I haven't played the game since then but do you even see that yourself? I thought only the enemy team sees when you are spotted. How would you know then? A lot of people noticed that something was off though.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be picking up the game during the week.
Any tips on what guns one should start with if one likes to ADS? Always preferred low recoil guns too.
I play mostly everything except recon.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Well I guess I was just fortunate but I've finally witnessed the cowardly, relentless shame known as bomber exploits. Hope this is addressed soon as AA barely produced any damage and both bombers and fighters were free to exploit the entire match.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
I find it truly remarkable that even when every class is able to revive, still most random players just don't do it.

I think they need to add a double trigger press update where you indicate that you need a revive (and stem bleeding to last longer) but the area is still hot. You don't always see the where the person was shot from and if there is still a danger. Maybe when they add the dragging of people to cover?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Im ready for this

New War Story: The Last Tiger (German Side).
New Multiplayer Map: Panzerstorm.
Vehicle Visual Customization.
Practice Range.
New Company Gear.
New Weapons.
New Skins.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of this is them needing to do a better job of communicating to you that there are people around that need to be revived. In the middle of everything else that is going on in the game, it isn't always easy to notice.

I don't know about that. There are enough indicators on the screen about needing to revive someone; most players just don't care or don't want to get shot while trying to revive.

Also, only squadmates can revive without being a medic.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the biggest change I need to the game is to make suppression actually matter, sick of seeing snipers stick their head out and take 80+ dmg with bullets whizzing past their head at 1000 rpm from an MG-42 and headshot someone.

Increase suppression effects, have them descope if they get hit, do fucking something. I have no problem with people wanting to camp and snipe but it should encourage people to find good spots where they can survey the battlefield without being spotted and also reward opponents that spot snipers and fire on their position.

Being able to shuffle in and out of cover and pull off headshots while taking damage is stupid as fuck.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

There's been plenty of people who have posted saying that no matter how careful they are the second they kill someone they are suddenly taking fire from multiple directions. It happens all the time, but most people, like me, just play the game without giving it more thought.

People like jackfrags get way more involved with these games on a certain level where the things can be noticed and then shared with the community (like how the second launcher is a mortar).

All the same it needs to be removed asap as its running any chance of being stealthy.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/a2d0n0/spot_the_enemy/

This clip and the conversation there do a good job of highlighting how visibility is still atrocious. It's going to be even worse once they fix the spotted on kill bug. It has to be addressed.

Now it is closer to how a tank would behave IRL (I know that this is a game, but still vehicles should follow general rules of physics).

Now tanks are rewarding for a skilled player, giving a proper challenge. In earlier Battlefields they were The Easymode, just spamming death to every direction, regen health and all. Now you can still wreak havoc if you know what you are doing, but a lot of people just don't know how to think while playing. They are so used to mindless shooty shooty grab my booty -games, that anything that gives a slight challenge is deemed as broken.

Absolutely this. Tanks, when supported with teamwork and played intelligently, do work. When piloted by a solo person and wandering in enemy territory, of course you're a giant target. Tanks should help push points and give advantage when used right, not last an entire game and let anyone who hops in one got 50-0.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Im ready for this

New War Story: The Last Tiger (German Side).
New Multiplayer Map: Panzerstorm.
Vehicle Visual Customization.
Practice Range.
New Company Gear.
New Weapons.
New Skins.

Any of those new weapons for the Medic?

Have the full patch notes been released yet over the weekend?

Oct 25, 2017
I never said otherwise?

I know. I was just adding that point to the general discussion and not directed at your comment.

Sort of related (not in response to your point). I do think the idea that "everyone can now revive" is wrong. Unless you're running with your entire squad or a bunch of medics at all times, there will be times where no one can actually revive you even if there are other people on the team near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.