• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Audio setting on Wartapes made it spotting easier for me using "fake" 7.1 turtle beaches. A bit chaotic but yeah will do it for now i guess

Edit : first time hearing someone sneaking outside .

Last edited:

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Weapon mastery - 10 headshot kills in one life while in an objective areas
20 headshot kills in one round while in objective areas

It is mastery - it is meant to be hard. I know...I know....

But seriously - I hate these types of assignments that force you to play in a certain way to complete them. I mean I wouldn't mind this if they allowed the KILLS to be in the objective area. BUT I have to be stood in the objective area - which mostly isn't somewhere you want to stand with a semi auto rifle in breakthrough unless you are capping it. If defending, standing IN the objective is usually asking for 20 bombs to be dropped straight on your noggin....

Why can't it just be headshot kills? Which would be hard enough on console.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any idea what time the patch will hit?
Not even sure if its today or tomorrow, heard it would be the 3rd or 4th.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Man, Dice knows how to make shooters. Absolutely loving the game it feels so good. It's a similar story to Battlefront 2: great game, messed up by publisher.

I'm on board with the group buff tanks or nerf panzerfaust. Also buff fortifications, it's a neat mechanic that i want them to evolve further.
Bombers with the exception of the Ju 88 are just fine.
Hyped for tomorrow!

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can't believe the don't patch the "kill someone -> show up on mini map" bug tomorrow. How long until the next patch? January? This has to be patched asap!

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I swear to god in heaven that patch cannot get here soon enough. I am tired of having to leave matches due to bugs.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Man, Dice knows how to make shooters. Absolutely loving the game it feels so good. It's a similar story to Battlefront 2: great game, messed up by publisher.

I'm on board with the group buff tanks or nerf panzerfaust. Also buff fortifications, it's a neat mechanic that i want them to evolve further.
Bombers with the exception of the Ju 88 are just fine.
Hyped for tomorrow!

Ye I seriously hope they expand on fortifications. Make them stronger, make more things buildable, make repairs possible to buildings, etc.

At D on Devestation there is a part where you can build a ladder to access a part of the map where you cannot get to any other way - more of that too please.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Can't believe the don't patch the "kill someone -> show up on mini map" bug tomorrow. How long until the next patch? January? This has to be patched asap!

Let's not rush with quick hacks to fix things, and accidentally break more than we aim to improve.
Especially when people are going on vacation soon. :D

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
In an interesting turn of events it seems the go-to strategy for premade squads in Domination is for everyone to run around with 50 round Tommy Guns. Getting Hellriegel flashbacks right now haha.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay can someone who has seen Band Of Brothers or anyone else please tell me I am not crazy. Does this character option not look exactly like O'Keefe from the show?

29m6gp5.jpg

1c4a2c8bf312cd5f405e450c491559fb.gif

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hoping for more customisation options soon. The system seems to be in place but it feels a bit limited with the amount of options actually available. I have to wonder what they actually 'cut' after the backlash they got and if we'll see any of it again

I will say I was a biiiiiiit disappointed that there wasn't a fully fledged character creator instead of presets. That would have been neat

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Let's not rush with quick hacks to fix things, and accidentally break more than we aim to improve.
Especially when people are going on vacation soon. :D

Let's hope this bug "stays hidden" for the time being.. Not many people are aware of this outside of folks who visit forums at this point.

Any chance that you guys are taking a hard look into assignments? A couple of of them are just impossible especially as either a sniper or an assault..

Hoping for more customisation options soon. The system seems to be in place but it feels a bit limited with the amount of options actually available. I have to wonder what they actually 'cut' after the backlash they got and if we'll see any of it again

I will say I was a biiiiiiit disappointed that there wasn't a fully fledged character creator instead of presets. That would have been neat

Aye especially on the Axis side.

I'm curious how they are going to do with the factions.. They need to add an "apply class to all factions" button.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Any chance that you guys are taking a hard look into assignments? A couple of of them are just impossible especially as either a sniper or an assault..

Thats what I would like to know as well. I get that the mastery stuff is supposed to take some effort and skill, but some of them are downright impossible unless you cheese them or boost for them.

They should be things that challenge us while we play the game. Not be these tedious and nitpicky things that drive us insane.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Ye I seriously hope they expand on fortifications. Make them stronger, make more things buildable, make repairs possible to buildings, etc.

At D on Devestation there is a part where you can build a ladder to access a part of the map where you cannot get to any other way - more of that too please.
Yep, i was surprised at that ladder. But afaik you can get on that balcony from another direction too. Could be wrong though.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Thats what I would like to know as well. I get that the mastery stuff is supposed to take some effort and skill, but some of them are downright impossible unless you cheese them or boost for them.

They should be things that challenge us while we play the game. Not be these tedious and nitpicky things that drive us insane.

I posted earlier - the final one for semi autos of 10 HS kills in OB area in one life or 20 in one round....that stuff is just nonsense. It forces people to try and play unnaturally.

The others are fine. But that one....it just sucks. DICE please consider changing that. Please. elenarie

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get 10 hipfire kills on an objective in one life with the MP40 last night, thought I would never get that assignment done!

Have now switched to using the Sten for the British Army and MP40 for the Germans.

I was going to switch to the Thompson but I just do not get on with it...

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like turret rotation might be the worst thing they've ever had it.

Now it is closer to how a tank would behave IRL (I know that this is a game, but still vehicles should follow general rules of physics).

Now tanks are rewarding for a skilled player, giving a proper challenge. In earlier Battlefields they were The Easymode, just spamming death to every direction, regen health and all. Now you can still wreak havoc if you know what you are doing, but a lot of people just don't know how to think while playing. They are so used to mindless shooty shooty grab my booty -games, that anything that gives a slight challenge is deemed as broken.

And that goes to everything. People need to learn to play BFV "properly", they have to adjust their playstyle. It is already happening, fortifications are getting built all the time now (some of those are pretty wow, big constructions!), recons are spotting for the team, medics reviving and tossing health... Assaults are being cunts and not killing tanks though, but that is a given since they are Assault players and don't know shit about team play (yeah, I am a little bit upset about them, and some utter geniuses want to make them again as powerful as they were earlier with healthkits...).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think the fortifications system needs more variety, especially if you play a support role. They should add the ability to put down light cover and then reinforce it. A waste of time putting down bags, just for one bomber or grenade to take it all down.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't do it, I can't play Recon. They can keep the skins, it's not worth it. Since I'm done with the classes, I've just been playing medic again. I honestly love the insta heals too much to give up. I never had an issue with the smgs, so tomorrow will even be better. Going to work on a gold MP40 and Thompson.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now it is closer to how a tank would behave IRL (I know that this is a game, but still vehicles should follow general rules of physics).

Now tanks are rewarding for a skilled player, giving a proper challenge. In earlier Battlefields they were The Easymode, just spamming death to every direction, regen health and all. Now you can still wreak havoc if you know what you are doing, but a lot of people just don't know how to think while playing. They are so used to mindless shooty shooty grab my booty -games, that anything that gives a slight challenge is deemed as broken.

And that goes to everything. People need to learn to play BFV "properly", they have to adjust their playstyle. It is already happening, fortifications are getting built all the time now (some of those are pretty wow, big constructions!), recons are spotting for the team, medics reviving and tossing health... Assaults are being cunts and not killing tanks though, but that is a given since they are Assault players and don't know shit about team play (yeah, I am a little bit upset about them, and some utter geniuses want to make them again as powerful as they were earlier with healthkits...).
That neither planes or infantry operate by anything real so the idea that tanks have to is kind of dumb. Tanker not rewarded by skill they are not really scale base cuz they suck.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of vehicles...

Whenever I'm in the top gunner position, the gun doesn't visually move where I am aiming. Bullets just fly out the barrel which is pointing directly straight in a random direction and it looks ridiculous. Is this a bug they intend to fix tomorrow?

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Speaking of vehicles...

Whenever I'm in the top gunner position, the gun doesn't visually move where I am aiming. Bullets just fly out the barrel which is pointing directly straight in a random direction and it looks ridiculous. Is this a bug they intend to fix tomorrow?
I'm surprised you've lived long enough up there to even notice!

(sorry I can't help with your question lol)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of vehicles...

Well they are adding turret ducking tomorrow, so I'd imagine they'd fix that bug along with it.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of vehicles...

My favorite part is that in vehicles that don't have another gunner seat to switch into, the only way to fix this is to get out of the tank and then get back in.

Get out of the front of the tank, that is.

Panzerfaust to the face, every time.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
i wish the patch would also include the option to mute players, so many people just breathing into the mike :E

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Bug or not the issue is complete horseshit. It completely removes the incentive to properly hide yourself behind cover and completely eliminates the point of flanking. Because the moment you kill anyone any scrub that happens to look at the mini map knows exactly where you are.

Its completely unfair for the attacking player. Someone should only know an enemy is there if they are spotted or through things like footsteps or gun sounds. Otherwise why even bother with flanking or choosing a good spot in the first place? You have completely removed the purpose of stealth.

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The one who says it is not a bug is from DICE LA.

The one who says that it is a bug (Florian) is Core Gameplay Designer at DICE (working atm on BFV).

I'd go with Florian in this one.

Coyote, maybe you should stop playing the game? It seems that it only brings you discomfort and anger. Return to it after new year or something. I think it would be the best for your mental health :D

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I love that no one knew about the bug till the other day when that one person noticed it then it became the most important thing :P

Obviously it needs fixed but communities get caught up on specific things sometimes.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The game definitively runs better after the SSD became the OS drive, even with the game installed on the HDD. And now I encounter bugs I didn't before lol like the hud disapearing on Narvik, or spawning without the camera changing from the aerial view to the soldier

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I love that no one knew about the bug till the other day when that one person noticed it then it became the most important thing :P

Obviously it needs fixed but communities get caught up on specific things sometimes.
I didn't know about it at all until it was pointed out but I did notice that absolutely non of my flanks seemed to work with the enemies always knowing I was there. I didn't know why that was the case but finding out that I'm spotted after every kill explains everything.

I actually stopped even bothering to look at the minimap thinking spotting was gone. That was a mistake. Now that I know it's in the game I'm looking at the mini map 24/7 and boy are there a lot of red dots on the radar lol. Kinda embarassing that I didn't notice it until other people pointed it out.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Someone first said it was a bug, but then a dev said it's a design choice and they would reevaluate it based on feedback.

I dont have feedback . Dont want to trigger someone . DICE themselfs dont know if they should listen to veterans or casuals or war simulator enthusiasts

But if i had to guess , Its not a bug. Or They would have hotfixed this 2017

But it explains my kill 1 death 1 situations (after 5 mins of cover to cover and flanking) .

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you show up if you do a melee kill? Currently it seems to be like CoD you make noise with your gun so you show up on the map, that seems ok to me, the only thing is CoD has the silencer as an option which can reduce range or something while letting you not show up.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
I can't do it, I can't play Recon. They can keep the skins, it's not worth it. Since I'm done with the classes, I've just been playing medic again. I honestly love the insta heals too much to give up. I never had an issue with the smgs, so tomorrow will even be better. Going to work on a gold MP40 and Thompson.

Funny, I have the exact opposite experience.
I'm currently leveling medic after maxing recon, and I'm having the worst time. The gadgets are no fun and the guns suck.
I want my beacon, flares, and SLR back.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing what better load times can do for a game (on console). Battlefield 1 was so bad in that regard that I almost never wanted to boot it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.