• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Sharp warning to everyone:

Hold tightly onto your Company Coins. These WILL run out and you'll be halted to an extremely slow grind in the end. I have nowhere near enough to upgrade the weapons and vehicles I want to because I've been using it here and there on a bit of everything. You don't get as much from ranking up post rank 40 and then ranking up stops at 50.

Had I known this from the start I wouldn't have spent it around as much. Now I am stuck with a bunch of half-done weapons that I can't progress any further until I go up the last few ranks and then do daily assignments for a paltry 300 coins a day. :/

Appreciate the warning. I won't spend a single one until I've hit level cap.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish EA would stop being a dick about things and just let people with EA Access on Xbox get full access to the game if they've already got it preordered.

I hate this waiting around for the standard edition launch, and I don't see a possibility of upgrading to the deluxe edition without paying the full $80

I just did this today. Amazon is the only place I can find the Deluxe Upgrade for sale: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9V5QX6/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Played a bit more on Xbox One X tonight and it was a complete mess.

Characters just standing, bugs galore, shooting people and no hit markers whatsoever, 4 games of Conquest not filling up and only about 20 players in total.

Sorry but I can't buy the game in this state. Would just be stupid.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Played for around 5 hours on Xbox One X thanks to the EA Access trial.
I am still uncertain as to wether I will get the game or not. I like certain things about it and really don't like others.

I love the planes and dog fights that can come about, the sound effects are really good and this has been the highlight of the game so far for me.

I dislike the lighter feel to the infantry gameplay, to me it feels kinda floaty and I'm missing the weightier movement and feel that BF1 had.
A few bugs, namely corpses bobbing up and down on the ground are annoying.

Talking of which, I think I actually prefer BF1 as a game. I find myself playing a couple of games of BFV and then going back to BF1 and enjoying it more. I'm sure when the game releases and I eventually pick it up this may change but at the moment I'm in no rush to finish the trial and order the game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Characters just standing, bugs galore, shooting people and no hit markers whatsoever, 4 games of Conquest not filling up and only about 20 players in total.

Cant say i experienced any of that. Maybe some little bugs yeah but the rest no. Hell its even hard to get into a game sometimes because they are packed and full always.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously who designs this. There is guy sitting in the AA gun just shooting spawn planes out of the air, currently sitting at 14k points. The next one is 3.4k.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to play this for long chunks. I've been playing a little bit every day to make my 10 hours last, but I can't wait to dive in deep.

I enjoyed BF1, but this game is amazing. I love all the little changes, like squad revives, needing to pick uo the bomb on frontlines, not having to press right bumper 1000 times every match to try to spot as many people as I can, bipods being a more fluid system, crouch running...

Fuck I could keep going on, I love app the these individually small changes that all combine to make a massive change to game play.

Plus these maps are on fucking point so far.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cant say i experienced any of that. Maybe some little bugs yeah but the rest no. Hell its even hard to get into a game sometimes because they are packed and full always.

Game seemed OK when I played yesterday. Its just a disaster for me tonight.

Oh and the servers are down for xbox. Maybe dice agree. Lol

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can not join empty servers. "An error occurred" every time. As soon as only one guy is on there it works. I like to do that to check some settings etc but for whatever reason it won't let me.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally finished the Holy Ghost and Veiled Threat set. Now I can move on to assault. Time for easy kills with ARs.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who loved BF4 but thought BF1 was so so, is this an improvement? I could do with a new MP shooter ...

Oct 27, 2017
I like the game but my experience with it so far has been pretty bad.

I've spent an annoying amount of my 10 hour trial sitting around in the menu's waiting to see if I'm going to connect or not. Trying to get into Conquest games by pressing the big button on the screen that says "Conquest" is pretty much a dice roll as to whether it's going to bother connecting or not.

I keep switching between this and BF1, and BFV honestly just feels like it's still in Beta or something - and not just from a content perspective (which honestly doesn't bother me).

I like the game but literally everything about it seems to be telling me to wait until March.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like what I've played so far, but my main problems with the game are (A) the horrible menus (in game and main menu too) and (B) the spawn system that honestly needs a ton of work. So many times I've spawned into a flag that isn't even being contested at the time to instantly get shot from behind.

I also agree with the sentiment that they should've delayed the game till March. I know that is not DICE's call (and elenarie has done an amazing job relaying feedback), but I think it would've benefited the game a lot if EA let them delay it that long. My experience on PC has been great (besides those 2 issues I mentioned), but a lot of people are dealing with bugs and issues with their PC hardware not performing like it should.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's 3 days into playing and everyone has given up on reviving people. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
my BF rankings are thus:

1. BF1942 (especially Secret Weapons!)
2. Bad Company 2
3. Bad Company 1
4. Battlefield 2
5. Battlefield V
6. BF1943
7. Battlefield 4
8. Battlefield 3
9. Battlefield Vietnam
10.Battlefield Hardline

Never played 2142.

Even Hardline and Vietnam gave me a decent amount of fun in hindsight.

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
I really liked the 10 hours I had on the X despite the bugs everyone was experiencing. What am missing though - and here I don't understand the general consensus - is the sound design of previous installments. In V, I think it's a little bit lacking and doesn't come close to the impactful sounds of BF4, for example.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for the patch. The revive and auto balance bugs are close to game breaking. Once those are fixed, I'll be happy.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the campaign. Very short and repetitive but there are some good moments. On Normal you can finish it in like 3 hours, more if you bother looking around all houses for the letters.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Is there any logic to how much damage panzerfaust hit does to tank? Seems like figures are random and hitting same spot from same angle twice can result in two totally different results.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's 3 days into playing and everyone has given up on reviving people. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

I think the whole system needs a change.

The classes are absolutely fine and I hope they don't change anything about them weapon wise and stuff.
But never before in a Battlefield did I had such a strange feeling of "ok someone died there but if I go to him to revive him, I'm the next target." And usually I am. So what to do?
Since revive pistols would be a bit too futuristic, maybe the downed person should be able to crawl like 1-2 meter? Because if that's not getting added, the problem of "Sorry, if I help you I'm dead" won't go ever away.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame the player-base on console is so useless.

I really like the reinforcement mechanics and it can significantly bolster a defence point but when you're the only person doing it in a 32v32 match then you're more likely to get sniped when doing it then actually create anything worthwhile.

Also the Attack position on Narvik is dogshit. Immediately obvious awful map design.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

I haven't come across any of that...crazy how experience is different from user to user.

Been playing the infantry mode, the new rush mode front lines is a lot of fun.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
More I play these maps less I like them. So much long lanes that are open and exposed, just begging for those 30 snipers to set up some tents and campfires for easy time.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I think the whole system needs a change.

The classes are absolutely fine and I hope they don't change anything about them weapon wise and stuff.
But never before in a Battlefield did I had such a strange feeling of "ok someone died there but if I go to him to revive him, I'm the next target." And usually I am. So what to do?
Since revive pistols would be a bit too futuristic, maybe the downed person should be able to crawl like 1-2 meter? Because if that's not getting added, the problem of "Sorry, if I help you I'm dead" won't go ever away.

This is why the dragging feature sounds cool. Dragging a dude, using your pistol maybe, and getting to safe cover sounds fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.