• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This really does look fantastic. I'm quite excited. Shame no duos at launch, but this should still be a lot of fun.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
That actually might resurrect BFV for a while. Colour me intrigued

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
I have only seen the trailer so I am not quite sure but what is stopping tanks from going on a tear?

Its difficult enough to counter them in a normal BF game when anyone can spawn with Anti tank weaponry. What are you supposed to do to stop them here?
They use gasoline (which is rare, and refueling leaves you very exposed) and have limited ammo, which can be salvaged from the map. Also seems to be a lot of anti-vehicle options available.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I'm with you but if the alternative is the inventory being as fiddly and slow as PUBG I prefer BFs approach. Apex is the only one that really nailed it with all the automatisms it has.
I dont know why they cant just ape Apex's attachment system.

Having a weapon customization in MP and then a preset in BR seems inconsistent

Or maybe they intend to add in a lot more variation as support content

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Jackfrags said the average round time was arround 20 min. There wasnt alot alot of downtime in between. Felt perfect.

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know why they cant just ape Apex's attachment system.

Having a weapon customization in MP and then a preset in BR seems inconsistent

Or maybe they intend to add in a lot more variation as support content

Maybe the way the game works under the hood doesn't make it possible otherwise. You can only change attachments between respawns in the normal game after all.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
They should honestly make it free so they can pull more people to purchase the full game

I think that something like that would populate the mode but I'm not sure it would translate into sales, since a lot of people are more interested in the Battle Royale than the main game. You actually take away a reason to buy the game

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
This looks amazing!!! I can see the whole salt for the haters around here.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Hmm hmm it's currently off 50% on Origin. 40$ for the deluxe seems like a good deal. I enjoyed my time with it but kinda fell of (Had Primer sub).

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
oh boy, BR with tank. How are they gonna balance this?

Fuel and ammo.
Some tanks require a full squad to be efficient (driver can't shoot).
You have to get tanks from bunkers. This takes a lot of time and leaves you vulnerable. Plus a siren goes off when opening it, letting everyone know where you are.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Watched some of the youtubers demo this and it looks absolutly boooring! looks like a more fancy looking PUBG with very little new ideas

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Love the armor animations.

IllegalAdeptCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Btw this vid from Flakfire is pretty good. He plays with a controller and goes abit more in depth with how things work.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
This looks the fucking bomb. Put 100 hours or so into bfv and still loving it but this should help freshen things up in the wait for new maps.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh boy, BR with tank. How are they gonna balance this?

Watch the JackFrags video, he talks about it. All vehicles require fuel to move, and most of the bigger stuff like tanks cannot operated by a single player. There is also plenty of anti-vehicle weapons/equipment to be found.

Also, if you die while in a tank, you do not drop a body that your squad can revive, so using one has a big risk in squad play.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
this looks as good as i thought it would. idk why people were so down on it, this engine and BF gameplay was going to look awesome, will be a nice change of pace to switch between this and Apex. Although i do get the concern that this being attached to BF5 will not bring in as much players as other BRs, i hope they lower the base price of BF5 permanently or somehow find a way to separate this game mode.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Do all vehicles allow 4 players? Even if just hanging on?

And is it PVP only or are there some PVE elements included around those chokepoints a la Division?

And

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
this looks as good as i thought it would. idk why people were so down on it, this engine and BF gameplay was going to look awesome, will be a nice change of pace to switch between this and Apex. Although i do get the concern that this being attached to BF5 will not bring in as much players as other BRs, i hope they lower the base price of BF5 permanently or somehow find a way to separate this game mode.
Really wish they'd consider something. but, at least for maybe a few months, it makes sense to make people want to buy BFV to get Firestorm

I just hope they'll consider F2P weekends, EA Access weekends, and then eventually just release it for free with the incentive to buy BFV to get more cosmetics.

They can really spin this off as its own thing, but it almost feels as if its tethered to BFV. I enjoy BR games a lot, and even jackfrags says he's feeling like he has more BF moments in Firestorm than the base game

Even here on ERA, this thread is moving slow, but if they could just get this everyones hands, it'd be so good. I wonder if EA themselves are hesitant to cannibalize Apex by doing this. Alternatively, they could dominate both sides of the coin by releasing some kind of bundle for both Apex and Firestorm

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Looks exactly like you would expect. Graphics are insane, as per usual.
But... I'm not feeling vehicles in BR, and also it looks a bit too "dry" for me.
Also, I'm tired of historic BF. Gimmie modern again please.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Firestorm Primary Weapons

There are 16 primary weapons in Firestorm at launch, imported from Battlefield V's World War 2 arsenal, and are divided into three tiers — Common, Rare, and Epic.

The tiers are based on the number of attachments and upgrades (specializations) the weapons are found with. Look at the Kar98k sniper rifle, for example: The Common is the base version with no specialization upgrades or attachments, while the Rare version is found with two specializations and a close-range sight, and the Epic counterpart comes with two specializations and a mid-range scope.

Let's cover all the Firestorm primary weapons, organized by their matching ammunition type: rifle, sniper, shotgun, machine gun, and submachine gun.

Submachine Guns

Flexible and clutch for any soldier in a pinch, the four Firestorm submachine guns combine enough close range accuracy and rapid fire to keep multiple enemies at bay.

• MP40 – General purpose and easy to control, the Rare comes with quick ADS and reduced recoil upgrades, as well as a reflex sight. On the Epic, you'll find improved ADS while stationary and moving, along with a close-range lens sight.
  • Suomi KP/-31 – Very hard to control and fast firing, finding a Rare means improved hipfire, quick deploy, and a reflex sight. An Epic Suomi gets a rate of fire boost, reduced recoil, and a reflex sight.
  • STEN – A user-friendly cousin of the MP40, nab a Rare for improved hipfire, quicker reload speed, and a reflex sight. The Epic also improves hipfire, reduces recoil and is equipped with a reflex sight.
  • M1928A1 – Commonly known as the "Tommy Gun," a Rare packs reduced recoil, quick ADS, and a reflex sight. The Epic gets an extended mag, reduced recoil, and a lens sight.

Rifles

This is the go-to weapon for the infantry. Rifles are accurate, can cover long distances, and look dramatic in photos.

• Gewehr 43 – A run-and-gun favorite, pick up a Rare for quick and improved ADS, along with an aperture sight. Finding an Epic nets you "faster" bullets, reduced recoil, and a ZF4 mid-range scope.
  • M1A1 Carbine – Low damage but can fire quickly, the Rare version has quick ADS and deploy speed, along with a reflex sight. An Epic comes with an extended mag, improved hipfire, and a reflex sight.
  • StG 44 – An accuracy and stopping power combo, a Rare reduces recoil, quickens ADS, and brings a reflex sight. The Epic has improved ADS speed, reduced recoil, and the ZF4 mid-range scope.
  • Gustloff Prototype – An assault rifle with close range, the Rare grants reduced recoil, quick reload, and a reflex sight. Nab the Epic for improved ADS, reduced recoil, and reflex sight.

Sniper Rifles

Tough but rewarding to master. Cover the long distances of the Firestorm map, hone in on headshots, and scare approaching foes with sniper rifles.

• ZH-29 – A highly-precise semi-automatic sniper, the Rare comes with a bipod, quick ADS, and a close-range sight. Find an Epic, and you get "faster" bullets, improved ADS, and a midrange scope.
  • Kar98k – The familiar but trusty bolt-action rifle, a Rare gets a quicker deploy speed, improved ADS, and a close-range sight. An Epic rewards with a bipod, quick cycle, and a mid-range scope.
  • Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk l – Fast to fire and good for mid-range, a Rare adds the quick reload and quick deploy upgrades. Collect an Epic to add a bayonet and quick cycle.

Machine Guns

These are the ideal weapons to hold down and capture Objectives with, or to take out a whole squad at once. Heavy damage and rapid, sustained fire are the hallmarks of machine guns.

• Bren Gun – Hard to miss because of its top-loaded mag, find a Rare to get reduced recoil, quick reload, and the AA close-range sight. An Epic Bren Gun gets "faster" bullets, improved bipod, and the M84 mid-range scope.
  • FG-42 – Fast-firing automatic rifle with a small magazine, a Rare grants quick and improved ADS, along with the AA close-range sight. Find an Epic for reduced recoil, faster ADS when moving, and the ZFG42 mid-range scope.
  • MG 42 – Reliable, easy to use, and boasting an extreme rate of fire, stumble upon a Rare for improved flash hider, "faster" bullets, and the AA close-range sight. Secure an Epic and get improved cooling, a rate-of-fire boost, and the AA close-range sight.
Shotguns

Sometimes you have to handle your business up close and personal. Shotguns pack a wallop at close range and the two below are no exception.

• 12g Automatic – A veteran of more world wars than you, a Rare 12g Automatic has an extended magazine and quick reload. Pick up an Epic for improved bullet penetration and heavy load.
  • M97 – A pump-action favorite that features high damage and decent range. A Rare M97 comes with quick ADS and slug rounds. Collect an Epic for improved trigger, increased headshot damage, and the Lattey close-range sight.

Stay in the Fight with Five Sidearms

You can't always get the primary weapon you want, but sometimes you'll get the sidearm you need. The sidearm is also useful for soldiers to fight back when knocked into the downed state. These require matching pistol ammo to operate.

• P38 Pistol
  • P08 Pistol
  • M1911
  • FP-45 Liberator
  • Mk Vl Revolver
10 Firestorm Melee Weapons

Stick it to your enemies by putting it bluntly, "This is the largest Battlefield map ever and you let me get this close?" Find these 10 melee weapons in the wild:

• British Army Jack Knife
  • Club
  • Cricket Bat
  • Hatchet
  • Kukri
  • Machete
  • Pickaxe
  • Scout Knife
  • Shovel
  • Solveig Knife

Firestorm-only Gadgets

The destructive ring of fire is an unconventional emergency to say the least, and soldiers need unconventional ways to help them survive in the 64-player fight. These are the gadgets specific to Firestorm.

• Backpack – Equip a small, medium, or large backpack to increase your stored inventory slots by two, four, and six, respectively.
  • Healing syrettes – These gadgets let you replenish the health of your squad mates or yourself. They cannot be self-applied when in the downed state.
  • Armor vests – Every soldier starts with an empty armor vest that, when loaded with Armor Plates, protects from gunfire or explosive damage. There are three levels of armor vests based on the amount of plates that can be loaded: Common fits one plate, Rare fits two, and Epic fits three.
  • Ammo – You'll need to find the correct ammo type to match the primary and secondary weapon you are hoping to fire: rifle, sniper, shotgun, machine gun, submachine gun, and pistol (sidearm).
  • Light and heavy vehicle ammo – This ammo type is used to resupply the weapons on vehicles and towables.

Firestorm Gadgets

There's a gadget for every purpose. Scoop up one of these familiar Battlefield V gadgets in Firestorm and use them for nearly any battle royale scenario.

Grenades and Throwables

• No. 36 Frag Grenade
  • M18 Smoke Grenade
  • No. 76 Incendiary Grenade
  • No. 74 Sticky Grenade
  • Geballte Ladung
  • No. 69 Impact Grenade
Launchers

• Panzerfaust 100
  • SMLE Smoke Grenade Launcher
  • Sturmpistole
Deployables

• Sticky Dynamite
  • Tellermine
  • S 35 Bouncing Betty

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Okay that gameplay trailer actually got me pretty interested. Looks good.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The Drilling is my favourite weapon in BFV and it's missing:(

But generally Firestorm looks like a winner for BFV.

Oct 26, 2017
Normally I'm with you but if the alternative is the inventory being as fiddly and slow as PUBG I prefer BFs approach. Apex is the only one that really nailed it with all the automatisms it has.
PUBG's inventory on PC is pretty quick and efficient all things considered. The two things it could really use would be Apex style attachment transfers. And quick filters, meds/armor/weapons/attachments/ammo/throwables that you could cycle while approaching a loot pile. I don't think they necessarily even want to improve the looting, as it's in a place now where there's a pretty balanced risk/reward for checking a loot pile and the current implementation is pretty high skill ceiling. Not to mention a filtering option one could argue would go against the sim aspect of rummaging through one's backpack trying to find the specific things he needs.
Maybe the way the game works under the hood doesn't make it possible otherwise. You can only change attachments between respawns in the normal game after all.
It's not like Titanfall 2 let you swap attachments mid-life. Respawn figured it out. You hear a lot of that kind of logic with BFV in general where the UI is terrible and you can't change assignments mid game or have them all just track automatically because.... engine reasons... Like yo. EA/DICE/Criterion. Your game. Your engine. If you need to tear up and rewrite the guts to make simple and obvious features work then that's on you.

And if it's a pure design decision to go with Fortnite style weapon tiers, then I just don't get it. The stuff they've done with specialization trees in the base game is bad IMO.

BF4 was better suited for BR. The attachments/weapons. The setting. It would have been quicker to work from rather than developing side by side with BFV. And probably would have given them a ton more flexibility in hacking up that code for a standalone F2P release.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
cautiously optimistic now, could be great.

One minor thing I noticed is sounds like you are running on wood with a bit of sand on it in the snow, why couldn't they just use the great crunchy snow sounds they had in Bad Company 2!

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely jump in, was really hoping for a free or cheaper edition of the game that was only firestorm though. Can't see any of my friends shelling out for it.