• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fantasy

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than I expected. I guess the delay worked in their favor!

Hype level raised a tad.

But I wonder how popular it will be though. The timing seems bad with Apex. Or maybe the gameplay is different enough to appeal to different people?

I guess we will see.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It does seem to mix the survival aspects of BR moreso than other games. Also it seems like they have a Dark Zone style feel where parts of the maps are used to attract other players in conflict.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if Solos/Duos are in this at launch yet? Can't really scrub through all these video previews at work to look for an answer.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
This should to be F2P, BR games need to have a huge playerbase to thrive. I'm sure some BFV owners will come back for this, but even Blackout is suffering population issues. PUBG maintains a healthy playerbase because it was the first big player on the scene.

Forgot about EA Access, that should help. But I still believe it should be F2P.
Like others have said, it looks good, way more interested than I expected.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
This might be perfect timing actually. Apex is losing its luster already and this looks like exactly what I wanted from PUBG whose gameplay style I prefer anyway.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think it's just the 10h trial, I'd expect it coming later this year though, BF games kind of get there after a year

Cool beans, not surprised it hasn't quite made its way to the vault yet entirely, won't be surprised to see it added around summer. Either way at least this give me an excuse to polish off the remaining time I have left on the trial.

My bad :P I was thinking of the other EA membership.
No worries buddeh, easy mistake.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
vyrayHN.gif

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
I've tried a bunch of different BR games but this one seems to stick with me the most. I honestly had tons of fun whilst playing it (probably because I won a round).

Looking forward to the release of this one.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Having a large section with snow when visibility on snow maps is as bad as it is was a mistake imo. Other than that it looks quite nice.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like artillery strikes and v1 rockets will be very annoying late game

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
I play BFV regularly yet I am always amazed at how incredible the sound is in DICE games. Can't wait to play firestorm.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks interesting. I agree this should be broken off at a F2P mode with the traditional BF modes payable add-ons.

I was hoping they'd integrate some aspects of BF Conquest into this...dunno how that could happen but it would have been cool to see them try.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Looks interesting. I agree this should be broken off at a F2P mode with the traditional BF modes payable add-ons.

I was hoping they'd integrate some aspects of BF Conquest into this...dunno how that could happen but it would have been cool to see them try.
Getting a drop for capturing a point for example. But then it could be taken away as well by the enemy team... would be fun!

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Always trust Criterion. The gods.

(now let them work on their own EA and make another Burnout or new IP, you fucks)

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a drop for capturing a point for example. But then it could be taken away as well by the enemy team... would be fun!

Yeah, something like that. I also think a big 32v32 BR mode would be fun as well. Honestly I can imagine a single elimination Conquest mode with a collapsing circle, that sounds like it could be fun.

Onikage

Feb 21, 2018
I wonder if we will have a big enough playerbase to make this enjoyable.

Battle Royale games need a lot of players, because the rooms are big and the player rotation is very fast.
Call of Duty's BR was a big fail in South America because there are not enough players (the game is not free and is expensive).
And it also gets worse when the game has multiple multiplayer modes, splitting the community.

Battlefield V didn't sell well, the playerbase is not big, it demands a good PC, and the players are already splitted playing the several other multiplayer modes available.
I fear for the viability of this BR mode.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
My body is so ready for this. It's weird but the lacklustre Apex BP has made me drop off the game loads. It shouldn't but it has. It's a real bummer seeing that XP meter go up by so little every time I play. I'm ready for my crew to dive into this, it looks great.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018