• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
A little ironic that BF1 stole the thunder of Titanfall 2's launch and now Apex Legends possibly will make BFV's BR mode have a harder time succeeding.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I like the wall of fire destroying everything as it closes in. That's a really nice touch. Hope they keep that and it isn't just for the trailer. That seems like a instant kill compared to other games which slowly/quickly kill you if you're caught outside the ring.
Its a real thing.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Yeah post Apex I'm not so sure. If there's a free version I'll play it. Otherwise I'm sure it will be free for a week over the summer. Me and my buddies will buy BFV when it's $10 so probably black Friday.

I'm glad we have a AAA WW2 BR. That box is now ticket. Next up we will need a COD MW BR and a modern day BF BR. Bring em all on. The more the merrier.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Very interested in trying it, but i can already say its an uphill battle when going up against Apex.

Thats the thing..I think Apex beat them to the punch of making THE "new unique" BR. Now that most are familiar with Apex, the bar has already been raised on expectations.

BUT I don't want to cast a shadow of doubt on just a leak. Maybe we should all wait for more details
If Apex didn't exist, what makes this the new unique" BR?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
So....when is Battlefield 6 (or Bad Company 3) coming?

This BFV thing is really not working out for me, I actually had more interest in Hardline.

A little ironic that BF1 stole the thunder of Titanfall 2's launch and now Apex Legends possibly will make BFV's BR mode have a harder time succeeding.

''It's payback time''

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully this is F2P and people start playing BF5 single player. The most recent releases have been giving me that "battlefield moment" feeling

Possum

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'll certainly give it a shot but first impressions are a little uninspiring. There's room for a polished slower BR though.

Exactly...I really like PUBG, but I play on XB1X (don't have gaming PC) and the character movement and gunplay is janky. If firestorm can deliver the smooth movement and proper gunplay I expect from Battlefield, then I think I will really enjoy a bit slower, more tactical pace.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
If BFV had the polish, smoothness of BF1, I may have been interested. I'll still try it, I still believe in Dice

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Played apex for a week and now left it back to BFV. So colorful and noisy but I don't really dig the Fortnite and Apex's BR. IMO PUBG was better then both. Will see how BF fares.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
This is the most basic looking shit imaginable. End circle will be 5 dudes laying prone on their back in rubble. Not reinstalling BFV for this.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing battlefield v for the last few weeks and it's super fun bar the terrible sp which was completely throwaway. Really don't understand the hate this game gets though, especially when most critisicms come from people who haven't played it.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
Been playing battlefield v for the last few weeks and it's super fun bar the terrible sp which was completely throwaway. Really don't understand the hate this game gets though, especially when most critisicms come from people who haven't played it.

It is quite fun, I agree. I think the lack of maps is pretty glaring though. Played real hard for the first month or so after I bought it and it really needed a few more in rotation. I think more are coming soon though If I am not mistaken. I will definitely try this out.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
It is quite fun, I agree. I think the lack of maps is pretty glaring though. Played real hard for the first month or so after I bought it and it really needed a few more in rotation. I think more are coming soon though If I am not mistaken. I will definitely try this out.
Yeah there isn't many maps but don't think there are any bad maps. Maybe the one in the mountain tops. That map would be so much better without planes

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
For me Battlefield BR doesn't need anything new or to be full of gimmiks to get me to play it. All I wanted was a BR game that uses Battlefields gunplay. It's the best out of every FPS multiplayer game available.

Can't wait to play it.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah there isn't many maps but don't think there are any bad maps. Maybe the one in the mountain tops. That map would be so much better without planes

I agree. Those planes are trash on there. I think it it Fjell? I do like that this map in Firestorm looks to have some snowy portions in the mountains.. Keep the map varied.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Full vehicle set? Signature BF gunplay? Shooting while downed seems cool

Still holding out for more details. I'm sure there is more to what we've seen than just this leak.
The vehicles do for sure. I don't know that the other stuff does.

I was just wondering if Apex hadn't come out, would people really still be clamoring for this game vs Blackout/PUBG? It's hard to say (obviously solely based on this leak)

How many slow paced, good looking, good sounding, good playing, good performing, realistic-ish BR modes are there right now? My peepers ain't what they used to be but there's 0 from what I can see.
That... does not sound like a great pitch on why your BR is better than the others out there already. I'm sure EA/DICE will do a better job of it... definitely would focus on the fact that the vehicles separate it from the other guys.

Also, "good playing" and "good performing" is a stretch without having actually played the mode specifically...