• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I like the slower methodical nature of PUBG so this may be a great battle royale option for me. I'm not a huge fan of Apex. Tanks worry me.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Looks good but far too late to the party.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Heh, I went to check BFV on metacritic and it doesn't seem too bad when looking at critic reviews.
But the user reviews are really bad and people are complaining about women in the game?!? Is that the only complaint?

It's on sale now on PSN so I might check it out.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
F8RGE (Global Community Engagement Manager at DICE) said:
Normally I don't comment on leaks for a number of reasons but breaking that habit today. Whatever has leaked has leaked, there's no stopping that, but I just want to clarify one thing.

Leaks of early versions and information are just that, early. When you read or watch something there's a risk that some of the things that you will see will be different when things release. Just wanted to flag that some information may change over time.

Source: Reddit.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
Another day, another BR game..

The vehicle battle looks very cool but it's a couple months too late..

Mr. Parrot

Apr 16, 2018
I don't think I'll buy Battlefield V, but the vehicles and holding a pistol when downed looks cool. Apex Predators I think has wiped out most of the Battle Royal Field.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Looks pretty cool. I didn't bother with PubG, so this definitely couod satiate my need for a more ""grounded" Battle royale game

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey... another game where you jump from a flying vehicle into a map...

Will they ever change this on these battle royale games???

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly after Apex Legends I could really care less

It would take a hell of a lot for me to play a different BR after how good Apex is and this looks pretty bland in comparison

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looks good to me so far. About what I expected, doubt it'll be a huge thing. But it should definitely hold an active player base.

Oct 27, 2017
They should have done more to make it standout, and integrated more Battlefield concepts into the formula. A BR game combined with Conquest would be interesting.

Oct 28, 2017
It's curious, I remember when the mode was announced they said that it would be only squads, and then in this leaked video they mentions duos and solo.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Should have delayed BF5 till this was ready or delayed this until BF6.

I can't see this taking off now.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The emphasis on vehicles seems cool. The inventory management system looks like it could be a nightmare to use, though.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Just think how awesome this mode should have been at launch but instead we got a single player campaign that no one asked for. With Apex Legends thriving This mode is already DOA. Every decision surrounding BFV has been a train wreck, which is a shame because it's actually a pretty dam good game

Last edited:

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
so ready for the battle royale boom to be over

There was room in the market because Fortnite and PUBG have frankly garbage shooting mechanics. Apex beat BFV to the punch on fixing that. BO4 put its hat in the ring with a pretty solid offering, but with a big price tag and within the CoD-style mechanics.

I don't know what BF can offer to make it a compelling experience against Apex or CoD.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess if anything they can put their experience into the next BF game that has Battle Royale but they should really just do their own thing.

It looks okay, might be a nice change of pace.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the blandest thing possible. Just like the main game. DICE really needs to take their time with the next game and surprise people

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
It's curious, I remember when the mode was announced they said that it would be only squads, and then in this leaked video they mentions duos and solo.

Hopefully.
My biggest problem with apex is the squads. I suck so I don't want to ruin other peoples game. But I can't really practice without ruining the others game either.
I hope they make a solo mode there too but considering the different abilities of the legends and such I doubt it.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I'm interested in how the tanks fit into the game, but the lack of class benefits in the game is disappointing.

If they released this two months ago it would have probably been a hit. Now that Apex is out it looks outdated. It's a shame.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh the "looks bland" and "ww2 is boring" comments are off the mark imo, actually looks pretty fun with plenty of elements that other BRs lack.
Not really. Blackout and PUBG have vehicles, Apex has supply drops, and Fortnite has the ability to make cover. The only differences this has ate the setting and the firestorm destroying buildings as it closes in
What does this even mean? If bfv is bland so is all battlefields. Do you want them to add magic and stuff?
Bad Company 2 was anything but bland

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
it doesnt look THAT bad. But with Apex, PUBG, Fortnite, and Blackout already being a thing, why should I play Firestorm over those?
Strange question...because someone prefers Battlefield's, more specifically, Battlefield V's gunplay? I don't really have any interest in the others you listed but Battlefield is by far my favorite shooter series when it comes to shooting and vehicle warfare.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
I like the slower methodical nature of PUBG so this may be a great battle royale option for me. I'm not a huge fan of Apex. Tanks worry me.

Jackfrags had a video about some of the datamined stuff and I believe there was reference to vehicles requiring fuel. So I am hoping attack vehicles won't be super common.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
There was room in the market because Fortnite and PUBG have frankly garbage shooting mechanics. Apex beat BFV to the punch on fixing that. BO4 put its hat in the ring with a pretty solid offering, but with a big price tag and within the CoD-style mechanics.

I don't know what BF can offer to make it a compelling experience against Apex or CoD.

Firestorm looks to be closer to PUBG than those two. There is something satisfying about nailing a Kar98 shot from 1000 meters away that you can't get in CoD or Apex. PUBG was the only place for that, but now Firestorm seems to offer that as well.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why theres the hate here, I think this could be decently successful. It won't touch Fortnite or Apex (due to them being free to play standalones) but it will be competetive with Blackout.

To me, what I saw was a slower, more deliberate BR game like PUBG.

But without the jank.

So sign me up

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, shield shit is cancer of the Battle Royale, for me. At least make that suffering more acceptable on FireStorm.

That's all I need.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably rank them as Apex > Fortnite > Bla
Dunno why theres the hate here, I think this could be decently successful. It won't touch Fortnite or Apex (due to them being free to play standalones) but it will be competetive with Blackout.

To me, what I saw was a slower, more deliberate BR game like PUBG.

But without the jank.

So sign me up
I don't think it's hate, just lack of excitement. There wasnt anything that would pull you off of your current BR of choice (except maybe PUBG or Minecraft) because it's not free and there's nothing extremely distinguishing about it

And it's pretty late to the party

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Looks a bit simple but it should have been included at launch. It will fizzle if it's not free at this point