• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Dice know how to do BR as well as they know how to do a Hype trailer. That was fucking hype!

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
On another note I wonder if DICE got a mandate about using female characters in promotion after BFV's sales.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Trailer was great...EA really isn't great with timing though. Really wish BFV had just been pushed back as a whole to this upcoming fall and launched with firestorm

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be better to make this F2P while giving people who already bought the game a "best value!" founder's pack to justify the purchase?

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances this will be F2P? Or are they rather hoping a BR mode will help sell the game/regain interest from players who dropped it.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Yeah I don't see this overtaking Apex especially since I'm sure the Battle Pass / New Hero will drop right around the end of March (I'm guessing here - no actual known date). But this will cut massively into Blackout's market....And ofcourse PUBG.
This aint overtaking any of those games. Maybe Blackout but that is the most garbage tier BR game there is and I assume all the Blackout players left for Apex.

burnsy

Banned
May 31, 2018
Battlefield fans are so jaded and cynical. I love BFV and this trailer looks interesting at least

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly the biggest waste of time. BFV is barely holding a playerbase together with what people actually play it for, never mind some tacked on BR mode that nobody gives a shit about. More time and resources that could've gone to more maps

Almost like this game's vision/roadmap planning has been terribly executed from the get-go

Oct 26, 2017
This is honestly the biggest waste of time. BFV is barely holding a playerbase together with what people actually play it for, never mind some tacked on BR mode that nobody gives a shit about. More time and resources that could've gone to more maps
I cared about it a lot! Back months ago when the game first launched. With or without Apex Legends, they simply waited too long and I couldn't care less now. They took far too long.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy prediction, they're making it F2P

I predicted in the leaked trailer for this a few weeks ago that this would drop into the Origin/EA Access Vault right before Firestorm launches. It's been 5 months since BFV launched, sales are dead, the community and general mind-share of the title is waning. Throw it up for free and get a boost in Access subs and people talking about it again.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
What an awful trailer basically explaining how a battle royale game works(like we don't know) instead of giving actual game play.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Only disappointing thing is the 64 player limit IMO

It feels too low and implies the map will be smaller than Blackout, which has 100 players.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Only disappointing thing is the 64 player limit IMO

It feels too low and implies the map will be smaller than Blackout, which has 100 players.
Massive empty spaces where you see nothing and loot boring rooms for 10 mins and then get shot, is boring.

Maybe a smaller scale leads to more encounters, more action and more destruction.

Oct 25, 2017
Good trailer. The way it wraps up the general crazy feel of the drop, stupid people, the sense of scale -- actually nails the humor of BR, which I think pretty much every BR game needs to embrace to be successful these days: the concept itself is just inherently stupid and funny, so your game should follow suit in terms of how it presents itself.

Would like to see gameplay next, but I can definitely see giving this a try. Would be great if did in fact go F2P.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Can't help but feel as if the Apex Legends battle pass was delayed because EA wanted to show this off first. I burned myself buying BO4 just for Blackout (which I did enjoy, to be fair), so I'm definitely not picking up BFV just for this either.

Objectively speaking though, I saw some stuff in that trailer that I really liked. Particularly the "living" zone and it being an actual firestorm. Pretty cool idea.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Massive empty spaces where you see nothing and loot boring rooms for 10 mins and then get shot, is boring.

Maybe a smaller scale leads to more encounters, more action and more destruction.

True, but the game has vehicles which dont work on small maps

There seems to be a lot of room for planes and boats, but its only 64 players

I assume this is where the dynamic objectives are meant to funnel players towards the action

AGoodJoe

Feb 19, 2019
Battlefield V is the best feeling shooter on the market. It's honestly the best the series has ever been in terms of gameplay. Really excited to see an extension of this with Firestorm.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Really?

I thought it was announced that it would squad only when they first announced it last year.

Yeah, that was definitely the word going around last year, but at that time the entire narrative was that the game was focusing on better squad play, so I suppose that isn't surprising.

I'm with you, though. If this is forced squads, I'll burn out very quickly. My friend and I have been playing a ton of Apex, but the randoms are frustrating. We just want to play duos but we're sick of Fortnite and CoD and PUBG still seems to run terribly on consoles, so we're hoping this comes through for us. (Also hoping Apex adds a duos mode)

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
You guys gonna repeat that how many times?

Resetera has a problem with battlefield people here need to complain about everything on this franchise.

I wish it was just resetera. And in a lot of cases, resetera is indeed a bubble. But BF5 (rightfully) gets shit on by most places. Or, I should say, rightfully shat on at launch. It is undeniably a fantastic game at its core, especially in terms of infantry gameplay. Great movement, best gunplay in the franchise, fantastic squad mechanics. But the launch was awful with the weird marketing plus the game just wasn't ready with a bunch of features greyed out or incomplete... and bugs. Then there was the fuckery with the TTK being changed back and forth. The content dripfeed is annoyingly slow, and the game arguably has the worst map lineup of any of the mainline BF games. I still put over 100 hrs in it, but I can see why there's a lot of cynicism in regards to this mode.

That being said, this being an entirely different mode is a bit like a clean slate, so I'm hopeful . . .

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
yea same here. I used to be a huge Battlefield fan, I own all the titles except for Hardline and BFV.

I think I will buy this once they release some Pacific maps
The great thing about waiting is it will have a lot more content by the time we buy it.

Having 2 old wars in a row and a barebones content launch killed all hype. Out of 40+ in our group only 2 bought it. And we've been together since BF3.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
They fucking butchered that song imo

Also, being exclusive to BFV is a mistake, allow me to solve it tho

*Have a free play weekend on all platforms that weekend*

Then a bunch of people will at least try it

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
True, but the game has vehicles which dont work on small maps

There seems to be a lot of room for planes and boats, but its only 64 players

I assume this is where the dynamic objectives are meant to funnel players towards the action
Well, when I said small, I don't expect some quake arena map. BFV already does 64 over vastly different sized maps, so the BR mode could easily be a medium sized map.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay trailer is next week but I think its the one that leaked

What it does different:

-Dynamic objectives (capping flags to unlock items/loot)
-Vehicles (needs gas to operate)
-Shooting while downed with a pistol
- Destruction
-gadgets like artillery strike

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The great thing about waiting is it will have a lot more content by the time we buy it.

Having 2 old wars in a row and a barebones content launch killed all hype. Out of 40+ in our group only 2 bought it. And we've been together since BF3.
yea I agree with you. This game really needed another year of development IMO. Had it launched with maps like Omaha beach, wake island, or iwo jima, I would have been there on day 1.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
They fucking butchered that song imo

Also, being exclusive to BFV is a mistake, allow me to solve it tho

*Have a free play weekend on all platforms that weekend*

Then a bunch of people will at least try it

They definitely need to make it f2p or have a free weekend

This is really their last chance to market the game. After this, DICE needs to intensively work on maps and updates so word of mouth carries it forward.

BR appeals to a lot of people. They can renew some interest. They have a roadmap next week. Everyone is praying for a good amount of maps and just want the classics of a WWII game

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
yea I agree with you. This game really needed another year of development IMO. Had it launched with maps like Omaha beach, wake island, or iwo jima, I would have been there on day 1.
Not sure if it has it but a campaign story that involves the D Day landings and the para troopers. But that would have been lit.

And online they could do D Day in a Rush type scenario where one team lands and has to push up taking control of the objectives as you go. Such a missed opportunity

Jan 4, 2018
The trailer is cool but not choosing an iconic WW2 location (Normandy, the Bulge, etc.) for the BR is a big missed opportunity imo. The trailer reminds me Narvik a lot.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
No gameplay at all, just a cinematic video. Typical DICE flair, looks like BR.

Yea after all the leaks they should have released some gameplay. I don't know if there is a stream or another video planned though.

edit: Apparently the gameplay trailer is coming out next week according to the Braddock512 DICE community manager on Reddit.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I think EA could have two successful BR games in the market without eating to each others market share. Apex is a pretty fast paced game and attracts the CoD/Fortnite crowd. I personally prefer the slower style of PUBG and another BR game in that vein would be able to attract those players who prefer its gameplay rhythm. However I don't think Battlefield is that game.