• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Looks cool. I am interested especially for destruction in a BR game that is more detailed than Fortnite. And I love BFV gunplay.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
EA seems like a master of release-dates.
They release APEX, Anthem and Battlefield Royale in like 2 months?
And now don't tell me that these are all fundamentally different games. These are all multiplayer-shooters. Pretty much the same target audience.
They don't even need competetion to deplete their own player-base :D

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
A lot of people in this thread seem to not be familiar with battlefield trailers.

Actually looks really good, wasn't expecting helicopters. Not sure if I'll ever get into these battle royale games but will give solo in this a go.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It looks really good, the destruction especially, but I'm not sure that trailer was a good trailer for a BR game, feel like it needed some more raw gameplay parts and the tone is a bit all over the place.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Does this have the same fast TTK as the main BF games? That would be awful.

Crossing my fingers that EA makes this free 2 play or a very cheap separate game so I can easily give it a try with my friends. We didn't buy the entire black ops for BR, and we ain't buying BF5.

BushidoBro

Oct 27, 2017
Just me? Alright then, that trailer was fucking dope.

Agreed. Dice really knows how to make great trailers and this one was no exception IMO. Now, speaking on the topic of them competing in the BR space after failing to launch it with the original release of the game and after Apex has come out...eh they've got quite an uphill battle...

Last edited:

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
That was a REALLY good trailer. I don't know if people will make time for it or not but it presented really well there.

Made me want to give it a try.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was an AMAZING trailer

but we all know Battle Royale is never that exciting or action packed.

Still, DICE makes the best fucking trailers. my god that was awesome.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It looks really good, the destruction especially, but I'm not sure that trailer was a good trailer for a BR game, feel like it needed some more raw gameplay parts and the tone is a bit all over the place.
I feel like that's been true of a lot of Battlefield V's promotional material. When they do show gameplay though, they usually show it off quite well, and that's what i'm more excited to see.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I will never understand EA"s insistence to always have Battlefield and Titanfall duke it out for player retention and release so close together.

Not satisfied with just one live service money truck i guess.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give it a shot, it could be fun and unique if they pull it off right.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looks good alright but myself and our Battlefield crew are holding off until a black Friday $10 sale. First Battlefield we didn't buy at launch.
yea same here. I used to be a huge Battlefield fan, I own all the titles except for Hardline and BFV.

I think I will buy this once they release some Pacific maps

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Have they mentioned distribution at all? I feel like this has to be detached from BF5/F2P to have any chance of catching on.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Pretty good trailer actually, huge improvement in quality compared to the BFV reveal trailer. Really excited to try it out.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
How does the gunplay compare to Apex Legends, if you've played that?

Surprised they didn't just show proper gunplay edits in the trailer. BF on Frosbite looks insane, get the amazing detail and graphics. They could've added first person gameplay shooting bits, scavenging items in the trailer!

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I assume you need the game for this? That's the unfortunate part where I can see it being the separation between Fornite and Apex. Is it acting as competition to Blackout in this case alone? Regardless, that was an awesome trailer.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Back to generic white guys I see? Well, still somewhat interested in trying this out.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Liked the trailer, I'll definitely try it. But so far Apex is king for me.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to see a Battle Royale with a more interesting circle than just a moving blue filter

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
NGL, I'm gonna play this but this should have been there at launch.

BFV has been nothing short of a trainwreck and their player-counts have to be looking pretty dire compared to previous Battlefields.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Cool trailer but not interested to go back to Battlefield V or any other Battle Royale game after Apex Legends.

Apex got me with the cool character personalities and being f2p.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Nice trailer. It does a good job of showcasing some of the mode's features. Looks like tanks will be locked up and there will be some risk unlocking them due to the time it takes. If they're always in the same spot, that will also be an other factor. Looking forward to trying this.

Panda Attack

Nov 2, 2017
I haven't keep up with BFV news, so my question is...

... Is this mode gonna be F2P, sold separately or do you have to buy BFV in order to play it?