• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
This is honestly the biggest waste of time. BFV is barely holding a playerbase together with what people actually play it for, never mind some tacked on BR mode that nobody gives a shit about. More time and resources that could've gone to more maps

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Feels like they chose the wrong game for BR. Battlefront would be perfect, as they could also add some twists to the BR genre with the Empire vs Republic thing.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
::laughs in Apex::

For real. BFV just seemed to miss the mark on so many levels, and BR not being there at launch was probably a mistake... and now? Good luck.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The fire as the storm is an interesting idea, and I like how it's a physical presence, and building destruction seems like it'll be fun, but I can't really see this taking off at all.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is honestly the biggest waste of time. BFV is barely holding a playerbase together with what people actually play it for, never mind some tacked on BR mode that nobody gives a shit about. More time and resources that could've gone to more maps
This is being developed by another studio, Criterion I believe. I hope we get to some some Pacific maps in BFV before it's killed off

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally, a good looking BR game with good shooting mechanics. Like the idea of capturing objectives that lead to vehicle access.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try it if it's free, but that's the only way I see this garnering a big audience.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly quite looking forward to it, but I also really enjoy Battlefield V. Definitely a few missteps here and there, but I am quite a fan of it. I know my friends and I will enjoy this, even if we just play it every now and then (as we do with V, I stopped trying to keep up with the Tides of War).

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer gave me BC vibes. That moment with the shooting on the building and then that airstrike was funny

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
BFV's gunplay is the best Battlefield's ever been so far in my mind, really looking forward to trying this out.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Alright, that first clip where the two squads face off and the second one shoots a flare that bounces off got me to laugh.

Just how big are these maps if you can have vehicles?!

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That was...weird. The trailer gave no presence of being for a battle royale game mode, made it actually seem like a singleplayer game instead with actual story direction and made me way more confused than I should have been. This isn't free, it is tacked on to a dead game and EA are already competing with themselves so why bother?

I want to like it, I mean it is bloody Battlefield but battle royale. That should scream down the competition. But this? It is waaaay too late.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Well Im excited for it

Trailer says free update, so if it waa f2p theyd probably already say so. Its gonna be behind the main game

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Cool trailer. But not making it a seperate game is a mistake imo. We all know the next Battlefield is coming sooner or later..

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty great and I'm not even a Battlefield fan, even though I had good fun with BC2 on X360. Maybe If It's F2P...

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Cool trailer. But not making it a seperate game is a mistake imo. We all know the next Battlefield is coming sooner or later..

Yes, dedicated games with lots of support and preferably free-to-play are the way to go. The evidence is right in front of EA, too, but came way too late to change their minds of course.