• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
"war is the only way home" sounds like reasonable imperialist propaganda to me ; or Battlefield is going full Stargate, Earth vs. Goa'uld.

Actually, Battlefield: Stargate, would be hella dope. All the worlds nations fighting together vs. aliens.

The concept of this phrase already existed in ancient Rome so I doubt that it indicates anything like alien war or outer space attacks.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Possible images from alpha? Probably like a 10% chance of being real but if they can pull of those weather effects *phew* and that map with the sandstorm and the stadium looks like a cool idea.

Looks real enough, the pictures in front of squad mates names are curious. Some look like BC2 images, although if it's a pre-alpha, then it might just be a placeholder asset.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Looks real enough, the pictures in front of squad mates names are curious. Some look like BC2 images, although if it's a pre-alpha, then it might just be a placeholder asset.

Leaks hint at us being able to fully customize our soldier (gender, language, nationality, gear) as there isn't national armies anymore, just shit ton of mercs fighting for side that pays best. Could explain variance in avatar pictures, different customization.

Could be cool if that leak / rumor is on point.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Leaks hint at us being able to fully customize our soldier (gender, language, nationality, gear) as there isn't national armies anymore, just shit ton of mercs fighting for side that pays best. Could explain variance in avatar pictures, different customization.

Could be, but game score above minimap still says US, would have expected something more neutral in that case. Again, pre-alpha salt.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Could be, but game score above minimap still says US, would have expected something more neutral in that case. Again, pre-alpha salt.

Countries are a thing, their armies less so. Apparently. You as a player have avatar soldier and you can fight for any side you want.

What's with the 3600 Hours time? Does this not take place on earth then?

My tinfoil is that it's meant to hint at release date (Nov 1st (Mon) or Nov 2nd (Tue)).

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't checked, is Jackfrags doing "What could BF6 be? Lets theorize" hype videos while acting like he already doesn't know everything there is to know about the game?

He did good bit of that for V.
I guess so. After the TTK change in BFV, Dice stopped listening to Insiders/Creators like Jackfrags. I dont know if the whole "Insiders/Creators" marketing relationship is still in place for the new BF.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Ugh, they've been teasing this game in the worst way for nearly 2-3 months now. Just drop that trailer already. 😩

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we'll get atleast a blogpost with the trailer announcing some new features and stuff. If this is all for a 1:30 min cinematic trailer, i'll be disappointed

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

Thatd be so awesome especially if they have voiceover work for a ton of languages

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I liked how MoH WF had different nations

Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-Multinational-Tier-1.png

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for this trend of "marketing through influencers" to come to an end. It's never not cringe-inducing.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol some of you are just killing me with the whining about viral marketing.

Lighten up for fucks sake lol

Oct 25, 2017
I liked how MoH WF had different nations

Medal-of-Honor-Warfighter-Multinational-Tier-1.png
My wish for this would be a
Coalition(US, UK, France, Germany, SK, Japan, Canada) vs Allegiance(Russia, China, MEC, Rebels, Mercenaries) thing
You pick your nationality per-faction,
Your preferred nationality sets the vehicles and the commander voice over(unless that is map based).
If I choose American all the vehicles look like the American versions to me until a driver of another nationality gets in and makes it theirs(once driven it doesn't change again)
transport helicopter example
800px-British_Lynx_landing_on_Kearsarge.jpg

Shows to UK nationality or everyone once piloted by UK player
800px-UH-1Y_USS_San_Deigo.jpg

Shows to US nationality or everyone once piloted by US player