• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
I am not disturbed by the trailer situation, but all I can see is something absolutely wrong with DICE's marketing & coordination since the BFV reveal. They start to use that "Soon" thing as a reverse joke, but looks like they don't know what it really means.

Last edited:

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Less spewing of toxicity would be appreciated. :)

Agreed, but it's worth noting that the strategy playing out isn't working for a lot of the fans, and I would imagine more so those who have been disappointed with the series these past few years. I would have thought in the current climate it's important to manage expectations as best possible, but that doesn't seem to be happening

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
Agreed, but it's worth noting that the strategy playing out isn't working for a lot of the fans, and I would imagine more so those who have been disappointed with the series these past few years. I would have thought in the current climate it's important to manage expectations as best possible, but that doesn't seem to be happening

This. Trolling your fans with "soon" (3 months wtf) was not a very good idea.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
People really just need to chill the fuck out

I'm incredibly excited for the new game but I'll get the trailer when I get it. Plenty of awesome games dropping to keep you distracted till then and till E3 with all the other news and trailers.

Don't harass devs and especially those in CM positions that already have to deal with waaaay too much bullshit.

ka13b

Dec 17, 2020
This. Trolling your fans with "soon" (3 months wtf) was not a very good idea.
Absolutely ridiculous. Soon can mean three months. Soon can mean six months. Coming soon in film marketing can mean a year away, ffs. This absurd hype machine for a trailer reveal was created out of whole-cloth by "leakers", then fans turn their ire to devs when the made-up date passes. Smdh.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
To be fair it's some leaker stringing the majority of people along and causing frustration. The simplest way to have done this would have been to set a date and build hype around the reveal.

I guess that's hard to do if you have internal indecision or complications that prevent a firm date. As ever, I look back to Battlefield 3 and the viral marketing they did that got tons of hype before anyone knew anything about the game. Today the industry is in a slightly different place and the release isn't being hyped as some titanic clash for king of the FPS franchises. But still, its something EA and DICE have got right before.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
Absolutely ridiculous. Soon can mean three months. Soon can mean six months. Coming soon in film marketing can mean a year away, ffs. This absurd hype machine for a trailer reveal was created out of whole-cloth by "leakers", then fans turn their ire to devs when the made-up date passes. Smdh.
Yes soon can mean many things. But using it to generate hype can be regarded as trolling really fast. Imo you shouldn't troll your most loyal fans as they are the ones looking for any tidbit of information.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
People are overreacting, but you're basically asking for it when you start stirring hype with "Soon" and not showing anything for a good while yet. People are excited for a product. Stupid PR to stir hype and then disappoint them.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
If you're mad because you thought a trailer was coming and it didn't come because of some random internet leaker you're an idiot. Plain and simple. And here comes the concern trolling about sales and marketing and other bullshit. Wait for the trailer. Watch the trailer. (Which won't even reveal much for the first one) Then talk about actual concrete things about said trailer whether you like it or not. But fuck off with the oh no my trailer didn't come. DICE is trolling me. I'm mad!

Grow up.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Every time gamers inflate their own expectations based on hearsay and rumours and then belittle developers for not meeting those expectations, even though nothing was formally announced or promised, as if it's the developer's fault for not meeting some imaginary deadline built up in their heads, I wish them nothing but further misery. May they learn patience through suffering.
🥂

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
These are originally from Tom Henderson's Discord
JsNfiRA.png

lu0Tudf.png

FVEpSOO.png

RCugY2J.png

BBlnt1S.png

DiviniDee

Banned
Apr 29, 2021
The explosions are the best I've seen in any game. Remember, DICES cinematics are captured in engine so the final product will look really close to this

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
The scenes with actual gunplay look very much like animations of past Battlefield games and the radar thing is matching the ones on the leaked pictures. This is probably scenes from an unfinished trailer with placeholders in it.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Definitely a fake trailer anyway, might include some real clips, but god, I hope they choose better music for the actual thing lol.

Jan 4, 2018
If they took a bunch of footage from other games/demos to make it seem like a leak, there's no way they have access to real footage of the game. There's nothing real in this.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
So someone spliced together a bunch of tech demos and projects from Unreal Engine artists for attention. Did they really think no one would notice?