• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I will play the 10 hour trial on EA play, then consider later down the road probably. Big BF fan but the game will be too expensive and I don't mind waiting.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
These near future climate change settings hit a bit too close to home...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That JackFrags video that was linked earlier is good with info breakdown.

Free BattlePasses will have everything that impacts gameplay where paid BattlePasses are for cosmetics.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Not liking that you can have an optimum arrangement of attachments on the fly as you move on the map. It should be a commitment. If you pick long range attachments you should be a disadvantage going in a choke corridor for example. Cheapen loadout choices imo.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so ready for this. The tease on the DICE LA game-mode has me by the balls.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
So according to JackFrags the biggest Map has the size of Vikendi from PUBG:

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

pubg_vikendi_vogelperspektive-1200x675.jpg

5.9KM^2
What? :o

That's insane lol

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
All i can say from the trailer and pre order stuff etc. The customization looks alot better then BFV. Wich is offcourse easier in this game,

Darkkn

Oct 30, 2017
Fun trailer and previews sound very promising! Great that they don't have to waste resources on single player mediocrity anymore and can concentrate on MP. I have a good feeling about this one panning out well..

Oct 28, 2017
Not liking that you can have an optimum arrangement of attachments on the fly as you move on the map. It should be a commitment. If you pick long range attachments you should be a disadvantage going in a choke corridor for example. Cheapen loadout choices imo.

Good point. Going to be a very different experience by the sounds of it, fingers crossed it works.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Yeah i wonder how this will play out. Should be fixed until death. But we shall see in 4 days.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
keep in mind this is most likely a worst case scenario if noone is playing on a specific server. THey wont offer servers for 1 players. ( unless you rent one I guess)
And running a private game with 127 bots is almost impossible imo. Every bot would have to be computed on your own hardware.

But I guess there will be some empty servers here and there to try it

I'm hoping you can choose to play with AI, that's how my friends and I played 1942. We would have 100+ bots going back in the early 2000s. I think you could even have 200+, but that would lag us out bad.

We never rented anything.

That's how my father was playing battlefield 1942 at the time, I could see him finaly playing battlefield again if he know he won't have to play against other players.

This is exactly what I did with 1942. It was an absolute BLAST. Especially if you tried to take on a a huge AI army vs your smaller one.

I was 20 when 1942 came out.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Partial controller support on the steam page is interesting, I guess it just means no aim assist

OP
OP
Azai

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I'm hoping you can choose to play with AI, that's how my friends and I played 1942. We would have 100+ bots going back in the early 2000s. I think you could even have 200+, but that would lag us out bad.

We never rented anything.

This is exactly what I did with 1942. It was an absolute BLAST. Especially if you tried to take on a a huge AI army vs your smaller one.

I was 20 when 1942 came out.

idk how much more complex the AI is nowadays but eg in Escape from Tarkov you can run private test raids where all bots are rendered on your hardware and the performance is alot worse than when playing on an actual server.
Either way if its running on your PC and not on a dedicated server you will have a rather big drop in performance.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Which is why have an option to play with those cutbacks on the higher end systems and PC. I know that im reducing it as simple to do but its obvious they've been planning for this to be crossgen from the start so plan better? Them announcing it at a later date if its gonna have it or not screams save disappointing news for later.
It might be an entirely different game , handled by a different studio.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Basically apex Battlefield Moment
That YouTube video was no shit the thing that made me switch from CoD to BF. I never knew a game like Battlefield existed back then let alone let you do insane shot like that. Made CoD feel game by comparison. Never bought another CoD until the one a couple years ago.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really strange trailer IMO. No real vision for anything, just embracing what Battlefield is/how it's been played by people...while making it too serious/unexciting. I dunno, did nothing for me.

OP
OP
Azai

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

Really weird to have the level-editor banner shown there in the first place. curious if there was something like this planned.

Leaks hinted that BF2042 will also act as a hub for older games. (eg you can set up servers where BF4 tanks fight WW2 tanks and mix all the stuff from all the games).
This could also be the mode they call "love letter" and would correlate to the BF4, V and BF1 game logos on all platforms being gitched out and still slowly being replaced with a new one.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
keep in mind this is most likely a worst case scenario if noone is playing on a specific server. THey wont offer servers for 1 players. ( unless you rent one I guess)
And running a private game with 127 bots is almost impossible imo. Every bot would have to be computed on your own hardware.

But I guess there will be some empty servers here and there to try it

Still, useful. I'm looking for finishing some trophies in BF1 for months now. All I need is to enough people jump into the Gallipoli operation so I can finish it. As it is not usually listed in the normal rotation, it's next to impossible to find a game going, even on far distant servers.

I welcome this news, softens the battle pass shit for me.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Yeah that was kinda SICK.

Will we really be able to jump out of a fighter jet and land back in it tho?

Yeeeeeeeeeer

Oct 25, 2017
west coast
Must be getting old but that trailer was obnoxious and im a fan of the BF franchise

Dice getting ideas from Fast & Furious for that CGI trailer... what a time...