• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Could be worse
Sweater-Weather.jpg

Take away that terrible SPAS-12 skin and remove the disgusting mistletoe on the genitals and that skin wouldn't be that terrible lol.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
What's the easiest way to talk to PS5 friends if i'm on PC? Still no in-game voice chat so i'm wondering what I can do

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Please ignore the dingle dangle dinosaur keychain on my gun and focus on the objective.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Christmas theme made me wonder why there is no snowstorm on Breakaway? Or ice that actually breaks up? Seems like a strange oversight concidering the sandstorm on Hourglass. Breakaway also lacks any kind of weather event, right?

The less random storm events the better in my opinion. They are cool the first time and then it's just an annoying thing where you just wait for it to be over.

Levelution > random annoying storms

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when weekly reset will be for BF? I also hope I don't miss one of these weeks due to holiday travel.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The funny thing is that with WW2 the subreddits were all like "If you want to do wacky stuff do it in a modern setting where it could make sense not in WW2 cause its offensive" or something to that effect and yet here we are. I personally liked the BFV skin system and the Elite skins they were cool setting accuracy I couldnt care less I like customisation. They just cherry pick at really dumb shit sometimes.

Dude we had fuckin customisable avatars on soldier patches in BF4 with people having Anime Girls with their boobs out. People complaining about a Santa skin because of previous games is a bit of a throw.

I can't believe we're agreeing on something about this game, mate lol

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe we're agreeing on something about this game, mate lol
I'm not completely unreasonable lmao. I'm just very strong headed in what I believe in one of those things is unacceptable technical issues and somethings are changes to the series formula. But cosmetic stuff I fiend that shit.. thats why I am a bit upset at Halo at the moment and their monetisation system cause I love the old armor customsation. And again why I was sad to find out BF2042 reverted to a 2 set customization system.

Btw, dear DICE, where are the this uniforms?

Those are bots.

Sirhc

Oct 27, 2017
Levelution > random annoying storms

Hard disagree, levelution was a shit gimmick that made maps predictable. Storms being random in when and where they hit keeps things a little more fresh and dynamic atleast.

Would love to see more random weather options though, but the tornado can have huge gameplay implications on how the match plays out, have seen matches start with one going and blocking off a sector for abit which changed the dynamic a ton for awhile.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
The funny thing is that with WW2 the subreddits were all like "If you want to do wacky stuff do it in a modern setting where it could make sense not in WW2 cause its offensive" or something to that effect and yet here we are.
I'm pretty sure people were referring to prosthetics and the likes and not Santa costumes. At least I was.

Stuff like Santa costumes completely break the immersion for me in a way 'Battlefield moments' could never do. Just like these cringey quips during and after a game.
The atmosphere in bf1 was so unbelievable tight I'm still not sure how exactly we ended up here besides a suspicion towards "let's generate more mtx $"...

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure people were referring to prosthetics and the likes and not Santa costumes. At least I was.

Stuff like Santa costumes completely break the immersion for me in a way 'Battlefield moments' could never do. Just like these cringey quips during and after a game.
The atmosphere in bf1 was so unbelievable tight I'm still not sure how exactly we ended up here besides a suspicion towards "let's generate more mtx $"...
No they were refering to things like cricket bats and facepaint and some of the costumes too. Here is a quick

Very real Backstory as to why Boris looks like Santa. Hes on the ship with other No Pats and there are clearly kids there based on the Irish trailer so its Christmas and the dude is just dressing up as Santa for the kids for fun and stuff.. and OH NO! Evil Do badder is at again with the schemes the Boat goes into high alert and all Nopat fighters immediately gear up and go Boris ain't got no time to completely change so he gets on the VTOL with the rest of the Pats screaming HO HO HO as it flies off on his way to commit Christmassmurder against the evil do badders oh yeah and they are swinging by to pick up Mckay dudes at a rodeo chillin out but they need him. Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
No they were refering to things like cricket bats and facepaint and some of the costumes too. Here is a quick

Very real Backstory as to why Boris looks like Santa. Hes on the ship with other No Pats and there are clearly kids there based on the Irish trailer so its Christmas and the dude is just dressing up as Santa for the kids for fun and stuff.. and OH NO! Evil Do badder is at again with the schemes the Boat goes into high alert and all Nopat fighters immediately gear up and go Boris ain't got no time to completely change so he gets on the VTOL with the rest of the Pats screaming HO HO HO as it flies off on his way to commit Christmassmurder against the evil do badders oh yeah and they are swinging by to pick up Mckay dudes at a rodeo chillin out but they need him. Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes.
To answer your first point. I wasn't a fan of these steam punk vibes. Period.

And to your second point. I don't even know what you want to convey apart from simply mocking me.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I would be so down for really cool looking tacticool looking gear, but the silly stuff has always annoyed me in COD, sad to see it popping up here too.

On another note, I'm really glad they added Rush, it plays wonderfully, much better frames since it is less players but it is constant action with much less vehicles. I'll probably be playing this mainly for a while, it's also excllent for unlocking attachments.

Example of something I think the fanbase would gush over

f0g6_s14hQJCgtEzAVQ-ojI2fEhdsTrBm8ibcYRm7-s.jpg

May 22, 2018
That Santa costume is whatever. No big deal for someone like me.

What pisses me off is Dice uncapping mastery levels and ribbons for solo/coop only to cap it all again a few hours later. This dogshit flip flopping nonsense they keep doing is making want to play something else.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
To answer your first point. I wasn't a fan of these steam punk vibes. Period.

And to your second point. I don't even know what you want to convey apart from simply mocking me.
I'm just saying its 2042 these people live on a boat floating at Sea they aren't supposed to be soldiers aligned to an army they are essentially mercenaries they ddon't have uniforms realistically if we want to take that approach they can wear what ever they want. That Santa cosmetic could be way worse. That Tank skin is just Red Camo from previous games with reindeer on the sides shit was draw on tanks and planes all the time in WW2 at least some times even today. Its not far fetched. And it doesn't look too over the top either.

Sirhc

Oct 27, 2017
Here is a quick very real Backstory as to why Boris looks like Santa. Hes on the ship with other No Pats and there are clearly kids there based on the Irish trailer so its Christmas and the dude is just dressing up as Santa for the kids for fun and stuff.. and OH NO! Evil Do badder is at again with the schemes the Boat goes into high alert and all Nopat fighters immediately gear up and go Boris ain't got no time to completely change so he gets on the VTOL with the rest of the Pats screaming HO HO HO as it flies off on his way to commit Christmassmurder against the evil do badders oh yeah and they are swinging by to pick up Mckay dudes at a rodeo chillin out but they need him. Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes.

Seems legit, lets go with that.

Pretty sure the cosmetics thing is just another need to complain about something point for alot of people "MY IMMERSION!!" meanwhile Hovercrafts climbing skyscrapers while people wingsuit upwards.

If cosmetics can keep new content like maps, vehicles and weapons rolling to everyone for free why would you complain, the DLC based system of old was garbage, if you bought the DLC it was hell to find matches alot of times due to the split playerbase.

Now give me the bunny outfit Boris already Dice.

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
Apparently, even the devs were voting down the idea of seasonal type customisation. I'm fine with it in games, it just seems very odd to have it in a main battlefield game that isn't bad company.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
personally I hate Christmas but I find it hilarious that people losing their mind over what might be the most inoffensive Christmas skin of all time

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Seems legit, lets go with that.

Pretty sure the cosmetics thing is just another need to complain about something point for alot of people "MY IMMERSION!!" meanwhile Hovercrafts climbing skyscrapers while people wingsuit upwards.

If cosmetics can keep new content like maps, vehicles and weapons rolling to everyone for free why would you complain, the DLC based system of old was garbage, if you bought the DLC it was hell to find matches alot of times due to the split playerbase.

Now give me the bunny outfit Boris already Dice.
They pick the dumbest things for immersion breaking . Like there are so many fundamentally actual broken things to talk about and most of the subreddit is having a whinge about a Santa skin and a cowboy costume that isn't event remotely outlandish.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
So, XP question. Do you get the same amount of XP in Portal or not? I know they turned it off at some point but I have not played Portal in a few weeks.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
We had Pikachu, Spiderman and Dinosaurs at protests in 2019 here.

265526_858091.jpg

Here's the cops taking them

Captura-de-Pantalla-2020-10-30-a-las-22.17.38.png

I can't get mad at someone using a santa cloak lol
Haha that's amazing.

I live in Minneapolis. Last year the seriousness and the simultaneous absurdity I saw constantly on the streets really made me feel like those zombie movie characters weren't so absurd.

Sirhc

Oct 27, 2017
I would be so down for really cool looking tacticool looking gear, but the silly stuff has always annoyed me in COD, sad to see it popping up here too.

On another note, I'm really glad they added Rush, it plays wonderfully, much better frames since it is less players but it is constant action with much less vehicles. I'll probably be playing this mainly for a while, it's also excllent for unlocking attachments.

Example of something I think the fanbase would gush over

f0g6_s14hQJCgtEzAVQ-ojI2fEhdsTrBm8ibcYRm7-s.jpg

Nothing is more cringe then tacticool outfits with skull motifs, literally nothing. I see that and I don't think "oh boy this guy is cool" I think "oh boy this guy might be a mass shooter some day". Give me unicorn outfits and shit before that.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
They pick the dumbest things for immersion breaking . Like there are so many fundamentally actual broken things to talk about and most of the subreddit is having a whinge about a Santa skin and a cowboy costume that isn't event remotely outlandish.

I mean they definitely take it too far, don't get me wrong, but I can understand why they are upset.

This game tends to attract more of the serious crowd, and stuff like this definitely doesn't help. I play Battlefield to get immersed, and they've always done that for me, stuff like Santa totally takes me out of it. It's actually a good skin, but when you have a good portion of your playerbase playing the game like a military sim I could have seen this coming a mile away.

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL
Nothing is more cringe then tacticool outfits with skull motifs, literally nothing. I see that and I don't think "oh boy this guy is cool" I think "oh boy this guy might be a mass shooter some day". Give me unicorn outfits and shit before that.
Reminds me of the Ghost Recon subreddit. They'll be like "Ubi, plz give us this tacticool gear" and it's the worst thing you've ever seen.

Jan 10, 2018

I'd argue that having a title like "Killing Machine" above your skull emblem is slightly worse. But combined we've reached all heights I think.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I mean they definitely take it too far, don't get me wrong, but I can understand why they are upset.

This game tends to attract more of the serious crowd, and stuff like this definitely doesn't help. I play Battlefield to get immersed, and they've always done that for me, stuff like Santa totally takes me out of it. It's actually a good skin, but when you have a good portion of your playerbase playing the game like a military sim I could have seen this coming a mile away.
I think a solid option might be to allow us a toggle to hide skins, and not just from us selecting them, but then that skin not be used for enemies either, bringing them to a default skin. If they add pink unicorns, great, but during gameplay let me turn off that particular skin and show it on the end game showcase. Or maybe toggle off seasonal skins (crazy Xmas, Haloween, 4th of July and so on which are all could end up super tacky). So force us to play and unlock it, then that gives you the ability to use it or block it universally.
I know it'll never happen because they will sell skins and season passes and showing it off is 90% of the attraction.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017

Just an example image, I'm not gonna go googling for 30 minutes to find one lol I'm not saying put 20 skulls on their gear, just simple and clean gear.

a18c57f2d8bd421d4aea3e85db9b9502.jpg