• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a small thing. But the 30 fps in the menus on PS5 is pretty distracting to me. Considering the entire rest of the game is targeting 60.

Also don't see challenges.

Edit: just went into a match, I might be going crazy but I'm now seeing flowers and grass pop-in just 3-4 meters out. I'm sure that wasn't the case before.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Played some 2042 Rush, best mode by far. Should be a permanent mode in the game, not just portal.

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, you can really notice some of the polish. There's so much more feedback to everything and small tweaks that makes the game flow a lot better.

Love that the commo rose is back in full force now! Using it constantly now. :)

broony

Oct 27, 2017
So, DICE

You mean to tell me

I can't see my fire mode in my HUD UI unless I'm actually scoped in

But it'll randomly remember the firemode I had when I died. Which means if I had briefly swapped my AR to single shot before dying, I will now respawn with an AR in single shot and nothing in the HUD UI will tell me this.

I cannot stress this enough, fire the entire fucking UI team for this game and make sure they never work in game UI design ever again because hoooooly shit this game has the actual worst UI I've ever experienced by a WIDE margin

And oh look the top 10% of my screen is still literally unusable any time the game decides an announcement is important enough to drop that STUPID fucking cutscene bar at the top. Fucking hell what a failure of a UI
Think a change to see fire mode is in either today's patch or the one early December. They definitely said they were changing it.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I just copied my whole 'settings' folder. Deleted the 2042 documents folder. Then I played a round(tuturial level). And mouse controls were fixed. I then replaced the settings folder and relaunched, and mouse controls were broken again. Should I only backup PROFSAVE_profile, and not also PROSAVE, what does that file have? Or do I need to open the file and edit it like suggested above?

The new file has a bunch of more lines regarding mouse controls, should be safe to keep them there and just copy past everything from GstAudio.Announcer_Voice down
My new PROFSAVE_profile starts at "GstAudio.Announcer_Voice" nothing else above it. My Older file has a bunch more stuff above that line.

Last edited:

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Weekly missions only starting next week? After 3 rounds:

FFl1ukVXoAMlm0_

Naru

May 11, 2019
8 weeks pre-season means s01 starts in February or later. That is quite the stretch....

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I really like their new solution to hide soldier quips during EOR. xD

So they tried to keep the BFV EOR looking at what's happening to the map after players despawned, but they added it to the new EOR while keeping it zoomed to the player's position within the game... How can this even pass through any test ???

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Downloading the patch. Curious about the changes and polish especially the ingame UI. Those skins tho... NotLikeThis

Jan 10, 2018
Did the APS-36 that Irish uses shoot down grenades before? It says so now in the description and preview video.

This explains why I got so many projectiles blocked on Breakthrough…

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
holy shit the 30 fps menu. WTF are you doing DICE seriously. Get your shit together for once

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao it keeps getting better. You reset your controls to get infantry working BUT it then breaks helicopters lmao beyond amazing.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So for me it's either getting persistence data errors with crossplay on, or being indefinitely stuck in waiting for players with crossplay off.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
So I wanted to try the new update on XSX since I have 3 hours left on the EA Trial. I deactivated crossplay cause I don't want to play against M+K users and I'm stuck on the Waiting For Players To Join screen in AOW. I know it's early for North American users but damn I can't even find a server after two weeks.

Not a good look...

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
finally they fixed the ping system and commo rose. Feels so much better. These revive speeds are ridiculous tho, not sure if its intended

Also let me turn off the chat. These PC players crying about performance issues are getting boring

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Loving the lock on for med gun, feels really responsive now. Beats me yelling at people to stay fucking still so I can hit them with meds. Why the hell are you juking someone trying to help you.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
No way that Santa costume is real hahaha

I can't see any of these costumes on my end tho, guessing it's just randomly showing for others

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Tried to join a game after the update finished downloading, immediately hit with a "persistence data" error. Mouses currently can't look left or right after the update either.

DICE really are a special breed.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Rush seems.....I dunno busted? Nice having less people but;
Did attackers always have a vehicle and defenders can't spawn one? (seems stupidly one sided?
Did attackers always have defenses favouring them for attacking? (like, the walls/etc are to their favour).
Also bodies dying on the point means you can't disarm because it's trying to res ffs :(

Lastly, so many dead bodies stay standing so when you say come around a blind corner, you think it's a person but it's bugged; but the actual real other play near them gets the drop on you because you got distracted.

Like jesus christ Kaleidoscope, it's FLAT open fucking ground to the mcom station and the attackers can just see you spawn in and kill you.
I don't do map design for a job, but I could do way better than this. My lord some of these designers.

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Did they put the MCOMs for Rush on the new maps in better spots than Breakthrough? Or did they just 1:1 it.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Did they put the MCOMs for Rush on the new maps in better spots than Breakthrough? Or did they just 1:1 it.

Not sure, they still put the last 2 on the roof but it's a little eaiser to stay up there since much less players, though once you have ground I have no idea how defenders can do anything, doesnt seem they spawn up there either? it's weird.