• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Breakaway on Conquest is such a terribly balanced map.

Sure, let's just give RU 3-flag and 2-flag sectors while giving US three nearby 1-flag sectors and one 2-flag sector. Who thought this was a good idea?
Thank you! It makes no sense, it's incredibly hard for RU to win the map. Horribly balanced.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This loadout bug is starting to happen more and more and its starting to become incredibly frustrating to have to fix my loadout every damn time I start a map.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. It strips everything. Your attachments, your equipment, pretty much anything you can customize. And sometimes you cant even add them back and have to back out of the server.

That sucks, when it happens on xbox you can't even deploy that match lol, weird funny how both consoles have a similar glitch with a different twist.

Sirhc

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm servers just go down? Got booted mid match and can't get back on, never seen that before.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Had a lot of fun matches tonight. The AC-42 rifle feels so fucking good to use, just started using it more.

Had a lot of good runs in the Condor with friends. Also fucking around with the Bolte.

My last big thing I need from this game is for PC performance to not be so fucking atrocious. There will be massive performance fluctuations in the middle of fights that regularly gets me killed.

Sirhc

Oct 27, 2017
Had a lot of fun matches tonight. The AC-42 rifle feels so fucking good to use, just started using it more.

Yeah it's great, especially when you get the extended magazine and HE launcher, has so much versatility.

Tempted to test out the M5A3 abit again post patch since it seem better now, need a full auto option for when my aim is just off for abit and the Scar with drum mag is kinda booty cheeks still since it's high power rounds.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Yeah it's great, especially when you get the extended magazine and HE launcher, has so much versatility.

Tempted to test out the M5A3 abit again post patch since it seem better now, need a full auto option for when my aim is just off for abit and the Scar with drum mag is kinda booty cheeks still since it's high power rounds.

Just have to aim at their feet and it'll kill them in a small burst, but yeah the kick on the Sfar-H is nuts. Since the patch I've been using the AK with drum mag, light grip and muzzle break. It's super accurate and does good damage at all ranges.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Game is down to 71 metacritic and 67 OpenCritic. Lowest in the franchise.

Correction
RJiciH6.jpg

Scary_Larry

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
Love people coming in here showing review scores. Just like restaurant reviews, they can have an opinion, but I prefer to taste the food and decide for myself.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Found a Team Gun Master server where they pumped the number of kills needed up to 100. The spawns were beautiful. Just waves and pockets of soldiers moving across the map or holding POIs. This is the stuff! Long way to go to get cleaned up but so much fun already.

Sirhc

Oct 27, 2017
Love people coming in here showing review scores. Just like restaurant reviews, they can have an opinion, but I prefer to taste the food and decide for myself.

People coming in here solely to post scores and not participate in any discussion, almost like they have some sort of agenda and aren't actually posting in good faith 🤔

Oct 28, 2017
Cannot get comfortable with the controls in this on PS5. I've only used AR's so far but I can barely shoot shit from long range. I know people complained about the lack of auto aim in the beta but it feels worse to me now. Sometimes it seems strong and then other times non-existent. I keep tweaking the settings but haven't nailed down something I'm satisfied with yet.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I haven't played Battlefield in a loooong time but decided to get this with a friend and the reviews are low, but I am enjoying myself so much?

There are a few irritating bugs like not being able to spawn on vehicles in the beginning with someone or not being able to spawn at all.. The maps after 2/3 weeks I have seen what I like and don't

But this has been my go to game for some weeks now.. And Portal for me is the true shiner of this game with the BF3 maps gives me great nostalgia..

But I am really enjoying myself.. Maybe because we have been playing with a group of friends again

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Any rumors when the first proper content drop is coming?
If I remember correctly we got a new map a month after release in the last couple of DICE shooters, but something tells me that's not going to happen this time….

Although there are some good maps in the game, it's not like some past Battlefield maps that I wanted to play over and over again. I don't have much hope we'll get another one of those classics, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise us all….

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
If I remember correctly we got a new map a month after release in the last couple of DICE shooters, but something tells me that's not going to happen this time….

Although there are some good maps in the game, it's not like some past Battlefield maps that I wanted to play over and over again. I don't have much hope we'll get another one of those classics, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise us all….

Most likely with the start of the season pass early next year. Crossing my fingers for a dense urban map.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Most likely with the start of the season pass early next year. Crossing my fingers for a dense urban map.

If I remember right Tom floated rumor that we would get map at end of the year for Holidays like we did with e.g. V.

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
Gave it a final chance before uninstall. Not gonna harp on issues again, they still persist, some will be fixed, some won't.

I just think I realized, no matter how much I want to like each game, I hate all of the modern setting Frostbite entries. The laser auto weapons and generally easiest snipers/dmrs (and now the wookies can use any gadget and class, brilliant move), the dissatisfying cooldown-based lockon combat in vehicles, map design... all of it combines to make getting across the map and doing things in any playstyle a chore. Learned my lesson with this purchase. Personally feel only Frostbite entry to hit consistently good infantry/vehicle balance with great maps was BF1. Flashes of brilliance with Portal 1942, you definitely get that old feeling of being able to move across open ground and make plays but yea, just 10 minutes of the Qatar map in AOW reminds me of everything I hated about last 10 years of franchise lol.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Cannot get comfortable with the controls in this on PS5. I've only used AR's so far but I can barely shoot shit from long range. I know people complained about the lack of auto aim in the beta but it feels worse to me now. Sometimes it seems strong and then other times non-existent. I keep tweaking the settings but haven't nailed down something I'm satisfied with yet.
It's incredibly bad compared to every other console BF game, no clue what the hell DICE are doing. It's not the hit detection or bloom either.

Try going into 1942 Portal and test out the STG 44. I can hit headshots from super far away and it feels good to shoot. Same with BF3 Portal weapons. Much easier to use, almost as if the aim assist works in that mode correctly.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Is there some weird bug with the "modify"-part in BC2 Rush? I can't seem to add any modification to the guns during gameplay. I press "X" to add it but when I'm closing it to get back into the game it's gone again.

Cat Pee

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! It makes no sense, it's incredibly hard for RU to win the map. Horribly balanced.

And then there's the Condors being so much faster in fly mode than the Hind. Even with a slightly closer distance from spawn to C/D for RU, any advantage in that is moot when you can transport mass troops something like 50% faster.

Not to mention tons of Sundances being able to go almost anywhere on the map from E1 or even the ice cliffs. Awful, awful design and I honestly think this whole map needs to be reworked, starting with A being 2 flags and even more vehicles for RU.

Is there some weird bug with the "modify"-part in BC2 Rush? I can't seem to add any modification to the guns during gameplay. I press "X" to add it but when I'm closing it to get back into the game it's gone again.

It's terribly unintuitive design, but because the underlying Plus mechanics are still present but disabled, you need to go into customization and move the desired optic/attachment into the first slot closest to the gun.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
If we get a patch this week, they should post the notes in about 5 hours, if not...well its probably coming next week :(