• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
This is completely random. It comes up from time to time, but it's annoying.

I think I'm going to stop playing until the next patch. My friend and I both play on PS5, it's smooth sailing for me . He almost never gets to finish a round without a crash, when it doesn't crash the hit reg doesn't work lroperly, loadout bugs out, lagging constantly.

So weird to me that I don't get any of that and he gets it CONSTANTLY

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Omg this looks terrible on last gen, is there really such bad input delay? Seems weird no outlets are talking about the last gen version.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
As a conquest player I was not a fan of Hamada. Cool locations and objectives but a bit too big.

Narvik was a great map though, loved that one!
Hamada was big but an infantry player could pretty much chose to ignore half of the map, and exclusively play around the fortress area with the D-E-F-G flags. I actually liked playing the M30 drilling on that map because you could very easily only have to deal with close-quarters encounter.

I'll take the opportunity to defend Panzerstorm design, now I won't say it was a really good map, because there was a very clear problem of lack of cover. But the idea behind the double main spawn, was really good. The whole spawn/flag structure screamed "this is a big vehicle map, but if you are an infantry player just use the second spawn and focus on E-D-C".
I honestly thought it would be used as a model for big 128 players maps, but ultimately the only thing they took from that map is the lack of cover...

LiftGammaGain

Oct 29, 2017
Asia-Europe
Omg this looks terrible on last gen, is there really such bad input delay? Seems weird no outlets are talking about the last gen version.

Well im playing on Pro and it runs fine,mostly pretty well actually and I've never felt input delay. On base Ps4 tough, the frame rate is much rougher...and i do feel some delay.
I do get the creepy character loading, on both machines... Its scary shit.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I´m sure there are already tons of 2042-memes, but I just saw this one and it pretty much reflects my feelings about map design in this game in general.

D974854BCA64E0458F253EF800DFAAB651DC4F72

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Is there a chance DICE realise 128 players is a mistake and revert back to 64 players as the default conquest/breakthrough mode? I feel this would help a lot in term of gameplay, performance, netcode issues...
If they do this, then they fucking earned my respect.
Lag, FPS drop, or whatever. Idk what is this. :(

The general feedback is that somehow PS5 is less buggy than XSX. That's really weird. I haven't encountered those issues on my PS5.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a chance DICE realise 128 players is a mistake and revert back to 64 players as the default conquest/breakthrough mode? I feel this would help a lot in term of gameplay, performance, netcode issues...

I would actually love that so they can focus the extra processing power on far more unique environments.

Naru

May 11, 2019
What did those 58% do before joining 2042? Did they come from other EA projects or from outside of EA? Did they realize halfway through development they need more people to complete this project? I don't really understand this... Seems like a half assed project.

Last edited:

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Getting killed on an official Portal server from something mid air by {{O.S}}. Pretty sure someone's cheating here.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017

You get the occasional lod face issue but that generally fixes itself. I don't think it looks especially bad on last gen in general but there is the really bad input lag and micro stuttering/rubber banding that is the bigger problem.

The missing loadout issue is also far more prevalent on those platforms.

Last edited:

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Getting killed on an official Portal server from something mid air by {{O.S}}. Pretty sure someone's cheating here.
I also got that yesterday. Looked like some high-tech helicopter sheit in BC2 Rush. bug, cheat or legit?
Okay so I thought so too but thats just the UAV. It's a little machine at a table in attackers spawn. It's overpowered. Always has been always will. Apparently it was even worse at launch. I recommend shooting the little bastard. Aiming with it mostly sucks so when they shoot they leave it stationary.

Edit: https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/UAV-1

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so I thought so too but thats just the UAV. It's a little machine at a table in attackers spawn. It's overpowered. Always has been always will. Apparently it was even worse at launch. I recommend shooting the little bastard. Aiming with it mostly sucks so when they shoot they leave it stationary.

Edit: https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/UAV-1
Do I need a rocket to kill it or does it go down easy with just a rifle?

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Do I need a rocket to kill it or does it go down easy with just a rifle?
I would recommend trying to tag it with a Tracer Dart and then a rocket but otherwise your best bet is high caliber rifles. It's a giant pain in the butt thats only really taken down by like 2-3 people throwing multiple magazines of ammo at it until it goes away. But, once you destroy it it's gone. No respawns.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
I would recommend trying to tag it with a Tracer Dart and then a rocket but otherwise your best bet is high caliber rifles. It's a giant pain in the butt thats only really taken down by like 2-3 people throwing multiple magazines of ammo at it until it goes away. But, once you destroy it it's gone. No respawns.
Cool thanks. I have played BC2 Rush quite a lot. First time I saw it yesterday :D

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
58% during BF2042 is mind-blowing. It's like developing a game while it's running. I mean, they worked on a game where most of the staff wasn't actively working.

Eh i dunno if that's unusual though. Seems like we often hear about teams hiring lots of people throughout game development. Perhaps a game dev here can chime in if this really is something unprecedented or if it's business as usual?

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I can't play more than a single match without the loadout bug happening, I need to leave every single game then rejoin to play normally. It's too much honestly there are other games where I can shoot things without jumping through hoops just to do the absolute basic stuff

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I can't play more than a single match without the loadout bug happening, I need to leave every single game then rejoin to play normally. It's too much honestly there are other games where I can shoot things without jumping through hoops just to do the absolute basic stuff

Are you on PS5 ? it looks like it happens mostly there... On Xsx I must have had it 4 or 5 times in 50h, and most of it was during the early acces before update #2

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Are you on PS5 ? it looks like it happens mostly there... On Xsx I must have had it 4 or 5 times in 50h, and most of it was during the early acces before update #2

Yep PS5, every single game if I don't leave at the end of the round it happens now. I'm sure it wasn't happening initially but it's constant now, just means I can't get into any sort of comfort with the game, really frustrating.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
XsX has huge stutters, PS5 has more loadout glitch. Don't know which one is worse :(

As someone who has played both versions now. I think Definitely the X. Seems its just poorly optimized in general for Xbox. Especially after the latest patch. The amount of frame drops and crashes of different kinds i was getting was maddening. I was legit worried i was gonna damage my X.

The PS5 has had a few minor hiccups. But nothing a restart cant fix. In game its always been pretty smooth for me personally (so far).

Jan 10, 2018
Kinda surprised at how trash tier most of the weapon skins are. And it doesn't help that everyone uses the only rare skin that is available (outside of mastery). I really hope we get something worth working for in future updates.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprised at how trash tier most of the weapon skins are. And it doesn't help that everyone uses the only rare skin that is available (outside of mastery). I really hope we get something worth working for in future updates.

Even a lot of the character skins are just recolours. Kinda a bummer.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and a lot of weird blue variations at that. The game does not have any kind of naval combat so why would there even be skins specifically named "naval"?

I know the Hovermene is dead now but don't need to be so mean to the Hovercraft/MAV navel assualt team lol.

Sure we will see alot more unique camos and skins once season 1 hits.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Eh I'm kinda good with them, I fear for when they start going COD adding in bright colors, anime skins, and other gaudy shit.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
They all have the load out bug. Pretty sure it's server issues having problems fetching data for the load outs you have and then resets the loadout sometimes if it can't and could explain why there's also the loadout reset bug

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I agree with this. I don't wanna see stupid shit. Keep it grounded and militaristic.

I think the current purple tier skins strike that balance well, hoping they keep that line, the only one that gets a little out there is Boris' Cerebro Centurion, but it's amazing it it's own way lol.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
They all have the load out bug. Pretty sure it's server issues having problems fetching data for the load outs you have and then resets the loadout sometimes if it can't and could explain why there's also the loadout reset bug

if it's a server side problem, then maybe the fact that I've got xplay turned off could explain why I rarely have it ?

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
This must be the most depressing time to be a BF fan. Was really hoping this was the true sequel to BF4. In terms of bugs it sure is. Hope DICE can turn this around, I just fear all the veterans who fixed BFV & Battlefront 2 left and theres no one to fix 2042.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I do want some cooler skins for Paik and Sundance. Imagine that things will look very different by this time next year (lol)

Something has hit me though and I am a little sad at the way that this game has turned out. I really enjoy it but as usual it needed more time before releasing, regardless of whether you like the fundamental design decisions. Breakthrough as an attacker is straight up fucked for half the maps and they had to know that.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do want some cooler skins for Paik and Sundance. Imagine that things will look very different by this time next year (lol)

Something has hit me though and I am a little sad at the way that this game has turned out. I really enjoy it but as usual it needed more time before releasing, regardless of whether you like the fundamental design decisions. Breakthrough as an attacker is straight up fucked for half the maps and they had to know that.

yeh, I don't get how they didn't test this out first. I wonder how they can fix it. Maybe don't make the final points on top of buildings.

Honestly, I'm more sad that people are having such huge issues with the game and that the game got review bombed. Hopefully it doesn't deter the team from continuing to work on the game.

I'm having more fun with this one at launch then I did with BF1 and BFV.

Last edited: