• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Feels like Dice can really beef up content without a ton of work, for example creating official 32/64/128? player rush servers on the 2042 maps now that they've already added support for it

Server browser will make a big difference

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I'm wondering what plans they've got for hazard zone. It's like 80% of the time nothing is going on until the last seconds. Since you're not scavenging for things like in a BR, feels incredibly boring for most of the time you're playing

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I remember people complained about bots. I dont think i've ever seen a bot since release

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
stupid question but : is there a weather event on Breakaway ? Never saw any while I would expect a snow storm.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I hope DICE realise once the Hovercraft is Nerfed and people unlock the Bolte thats going to OP as shit. There are far too many offensive vehicles on each of these maps.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I hope DICE realise once the Hovercraft is Nerfed and people unlock the Bolte thats going to OP as shit. There are far too many offensive vehicles on each of these maps.

Bolte isn't nearly as bad as hovercraft. Any sniper rifle can shoot through windshield and kill the crew, AT hit to tracks is mobility kill, tanks and wildcats chew it up instantly...

Meanwhile hovercraft is blasting "trollolloo..." soundtrack from loudspeakers as it shrugs off AT equipment hits like they are joke and killing the crew is borderline impossible.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

Had a run yesterday with a very good driver. The 30mm canon just shreds people, whatever the distance, with massive splash damage. Ended our little tour with a 28-0 killstreak.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember ever seeing one on that map. But the weather events are incredibly underwhelming/pointless across all the maps... /meh.

I agree. I was expecting tornadoes to get old fast, but it was even faster than I thought. I just don't care at all... Sand storm on hourglass doesn't make much difference (except that on XsX it just tanks the framerate to a slideshow when it kicks in), or maybe only for planes.

Breakaway might be too big to handle weather event ?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped into the Bolte also as gunner ones. Hadnt unlocked it yet. The guy who had it was the driver i was the gunner. Pretty easy kills indeed. Thing is so fast.
But we dont see it alot yet and i think people atm dont know what it is and what the weak points are

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they need to adjust the tornadoes. I maybe hit once by it since early access release

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have had them alot. And always feel its chasing me lol. Try to run away from it or arround it. But its always following me.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped into the Bolte also as gunner ones. Hadnt unlocked it yet. The guy who had it was the driver i was the gunner. Pretty easy kills indeed. Thing is so fast.
But we dont see it alot yet and i think people atm dont know what it is and what the weak points are

I think we will start seeing it more in the next couple weeks. Pretty high level unlock if i recall?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Bolte isn't nearly as bad as hovercraft. Any sniper rifle can shoot through windshield and kill the crew, AT hit to tracks is mobility kill, tanks and wildcats chew it up instantly...

Meanwhile hovercraft is blasting "trollolloo..." soundtrack from loudspeakers as it shrugs off AT equipment hits like they are joke and killing the crew is borderline impossible.
The Bolte gets a 30mm canon by default it has no damage drop off you park that sucker somewhere high and do whatever. I also havent been shot out of it yet even people shooting straight at me.

Jan 10, 2018
Started using anti-tank mines yesterday and got like 15 kills in my first game. No one seems to use them so vehicle drivers don't look for them as a potential threat. On Breakthrough they are extremely effective If you know what paths to focus on.

I do wish they stayed when you died though, I don't know what's up with that bullshit since everything else in the game seems to stay when you die.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The Bolte gets a 30mm canon by default it has no damage drop off you park that sucker somewhere high and do whatever. I also havent been shot out of it yet even people shooting straight at me.

Only sniper rifles can pen that windshield so other small arms can't do shit. They are strong vehicle, but in my experience way less of an hassle to deal with than hovercrafts are. 30mm cannon or not.

AT and heavier vehicles always chew them up quick when they get too bold.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The bolte is good, but I've definitely shot people out of it and being a heavy armored vehicle in a different category than the hovercraft helps. The combo of hovers and boltes (even if less) driving around is the problem, but with the hover being nerfed it'll help.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh I just saw the update notes, these two updates will be great. And given how much of my problems with the game (the weird aiming / spread thing) are coming in tomorrow, I'm excited!

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Attacker win on Orbital. \o/ One of those rare moments.

FE9I1_mWYAAxDxB

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also I hope dice never changes the ability for the hovercraft to climb skyscrapers. Holy fuck my friends and I laugh like fucking hyenas at the stupid shit we do.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Gonna wait until things are much, much better before jumping in. Was my most anticipated game in a couple years and I'm so disappointed by everything I've seen so far.

Kahoona

Oct 30, 2017
I just cannot understand why vehicle unlocks are faction-specific. It'd be one thing if they different sides had different unlocks, but they're the same. The only conclusion I can make is that it was done to pad out unlock progression in a very lazy way.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I just cannot understand why vehicle unlocks are faction-specific. It'd be one thing if they different sides had different unlocks, but they're the same. The only conclusion I can make is that it was done to pad out unlock progression in a very lazy way.

Tanks are identical, but I think few of them are in different order for reasons. Biggest difference that I know of is between attack helicopters. Russian one has unlock that USA one can't get, dual 30mm cannons for pilot.

Kahoona

Oct 30, 2017
Tanks are identical, but I think few of them are in different order for reasons. Biggest difference that I know of is between attack helicopters. Russian one has unlock that USA one can't get, dual 30mm cannons for pilot.
Really hope they clean that up because it's super frustrating switching sides and having half the unlocks.

Kahoona

Oct 30, 2017
Why is everyone so eager to unlock everything within a week? I am happy for every long time progression. It's not like you need those updates to stay competetive.
It's not about unlocking everything; it's about regressing in unlocks from a setup you're comfortable with on one side because you haven't been put on the opposite side enough to get up to the same level.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone so eager to unlock everything within a week? I am happy for every long time progression. It's not like you need those updates to stay competetive.
yeh, I don't get this either. People playing against bots to unlock attachments :/ ... to each their own but that just sounds boring AF, definitely not why I play these games.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Managed to finish reading the patch notes/wishlist. A good amount of stuff they plan to add and it seems to be this year as well. Good stuff DICE, keep talking.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's not about unlocking everything; it's about regressing in unlocks from a setup you're comfortable with on one side because you haven't been put on the opposite side enough to get up to the same level.
Meanwhile I miss different factions in online MP with different weapons and vehicles. It was especially stupid in Battlefield V with the same weapons for every faction.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

They did the same thing in BF5. Although the vehicles oftendid function differently.

Kahoona

Oct 30, 2017
Meanwhile I miss different factions in online MP with different weapons and vehicles. It was especially stupid in Battlefield V with the same weapons for every faction.
Unfortunately that introduces some balance headaches so I can see why they try to avoid asynchronous weapons and vehicles. See: J-10 jet in BF2.