• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Damn the smoke is damn good in this. Flack with a silenced smg, spawn beacon and smoke grenade is one hell of a loadout. I melted everyone on manifest. So good. The ressing is also way smoother now, when it works lol

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I tweaked the hud colors as someone posted here and its way better. It almost looks like the way it looked in BF4. Normal green, not neon and kinda orangish enemy color. Its better for my OLED too

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Im level 25. Played everyday since early access started. Probably have close to 30 hours in. And ive seen the snow map once. Once lol.
i guess i played all the map
zUh6MP9.png

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Rao is my new favorite character. Hacking is very useful with anti-air rocket.

Got lucky there, see my post with the same approach (video) two pages back, but the Heli still throwing flares after being hacked.
Rao is probably my most played operator for whatever reason, and that is with hacking being so buggy and dodgy.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
There is aim assist. I dont have any problem with the aiming at all.
Then is it bloom in the game ? At range my bullets just go in every single other direction. It's beyond frustrating
I still can figure out if it's the aim assist or the bloom that makes shooting feel off. It's by far the biggest issue with the game right now. I know switching to the PP-29 feels 10x better than any other weapon but it feels like it could be better still. I know there is aim assist at close range because it's actually pretty heavy there but once you get out to mid-range and beyond it feels like it's gone.
Yeah the PP-29 is really the only weapon that feels good to me as well. The aim assist in this game seems really weird considering how big the maps and areas are .
I'm convinced the Dice dev team is full of r/pcmasterrace users that have bought into the narrative that giving controller users aim assist is "unfair".

That, combined with the default crossplay with PC users, isn't great.
I can usually switch between mouse and controller in games but my frame rate isn't good enough for mouse on this game but controller just feels like it's at a massive advantage here. Had no problem with controller in BF1.

Last edited:

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope they fix the HDR with the day 1 patch (I know HDR stuff is usually relegated to day 1 patches). Proper HDR would really kick up the visual presentation quite a bit

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the PP-29 is really the only weapon that feels pod to me as well. The aim assist in this game seems really weird considering how big the maps and areas are .
My fear is that they'll nerf it before fixing the bloom LOL

? HDR looks great to me on C9
What platform? On PS5 it just looks like SDR in an HDR container without any adjust or toggle, similar to RDR2 at launch. DICE's HDR is usually quite good so it stands out, especially since I recently replayed BFV's campaign. It actually looked better in the beta since that outputted properly in SDR so the PS5 could tone map it.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
My fear is that they'll nerf it before fixing the bloom LOL

What platform? On PS5 it just looks like SDR in an HDR container without any adjust or toggle, similar to RDR2 at launch. DICE's HDR is usually quite good so it stands out, especially since I recently replayed BFV's campaign.

PS5. It doesnt look like SDR in HDR at all. Its using the system settings. HDR looks really good with wide color gamut.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
PS5. It doesnt look like SDR in HDR at all. Its using the system settings. HDR looks really good with wide color gamut.
Highlights are dim and there's hardly any contrast in dark areas with mostly looking washed out, not even close to a proper black level. Like I said, I assume it's just a work in progress since DICE has had excellent HDR in their recent games but it's just a bit of a bummer right now. I think it would look outstanding on some of these maps

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Highlights are dim and there's hardly any contrast in dark areas with mostly looking washed out, not even close to a proper black level. Like I said, I assume it's just a work in progress since DICE has had excellent HDR in their recent games but it's just a bit of a bummer right now. I think it would look outstanding on some of these maps

Not for me. It has really bright highlights and blacks are black. Also you can see all the details on the clouds for example. Something is wrong on your end

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely not be venturing into breakthrough ever again. Absolutely cannot stand it. If you don't get a vehicle you either snipe or get sniped or farmed by vehicles. The game is in general an awful experience at the moment, so maybe it will be better when it feels actually playable and not a hideous lagfest.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
If there's one thing I wish they'd do is start playing the victory theme at like 200 tickets or something. I believe right now it plays at 100 tickets and you can barely hear it. The victory themes are so hype (especially in Portal) that I get so bummed out you barely hear them!!!

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Best death yet, hit deploy parachute at least 20 times and it just wouldn't. Fantastic. Great game.

EDIT: Holy fuck it did it again. 2 spawns in a row. And then I couldn't respawn. Garbage. Unbelievable they have released the game in this state.

Oct 26, 2017
Will definitely not be venturing into breakthrough ever again. Absolutely cannot stand it. If you don't get a vehicle you either snipe or get sniped or farmed by vehicles. The game is in general an awful experience at the moment, so maybe it will be better when it feels actually playable and not a hideous lagfest.
Yeah. I've been playing Breakthrough the last hour to try and fall in love with this game, but I'm done and put in an official refund request. I'm trying to find pieces to praise, but it's just a fuckin' mess. You barely ever get to enjoy a good ole' gunfight since you're dealing with vehicle spam 24/7. It's pretty much Hovercraft Fest.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Whelp 5th time the game has hard crashed my PC.

:l

I just want a good Battlefield game man is that too much to ask for?

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
This game was really done dirty by crossplay. I mean, I know I suck, but before disabling crossplay at the system level on Xbox, I could barely get 5 kills a match. And some of those matches were like 30 min long! I just turned it off and instantly started getting more kills. It's a shame...I like crossplay in principle, but you can't mix mouse + keyboard with the controller crowd, especially with a Battlefield game with a lot of mid-range and long-range combat. It's just not fun.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
This game was really done dirty by crossplay. I mean, I know I suck, but before disabling crossplay at the system level on Xbox, I could barely get 5 kills a match. And some of those matches were like 30 min long! I just turned it off and instantly started getting more kills. It's a shame...I like crossplay in principle, but you can't mix mouse + keyboard with the controller crowd, especially with a Battlefield game with a lot of mid-range and long-range combat. It's just not fun.
If you want to feel any better, I play on PC and feel the same.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the maps were made with Sundance in mind and Sundance alone lol.

Its a problem considering that means there are NO medics anywhere in sight, which usually make the BS deaths in Battlefield games less annoying.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I think the bloom and aim assist problems are a bigger issue than mixed lobbies. At times this game doesn't feel like it was made with a controller in mind at all.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Okay maybe a lot of my frustration was from playing breakthrough. Played my first non portal conquest match and had genuine fun for the first time (outside of portal)

Last edited:

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah BF1 and 5 were perfectly fine with controller on pc
I've been playing BF with a controller ever since the first BC and I can't remember having as many issues with gunplay as I'm having with 2042. It's a bummer that all of the streamers and content creators that focus on BF are on PC so they won't be shining a light on the issue

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
just uninstalled. i'll probably be back if theres a day 1 patch that does something. but its not going to magically solve the server issues.

shooting people in a tank and it does nothing to them.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the maps were made with Sundance in mind and Sundance alone lol.

Its a problem considering that means there are NO medics anywhere in sight, which usually make the BS deaths in Battlefield games less annoying.
I see lots of Angels and Flacks around. Medics are there. It's just hard to make them out sometimes, especially when you are down.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Breakthrough is a clusterfuck. I wanna know ho thought this mode would be fun. Or how it should play out to be fun.
I really enjoyed operations in BF1 and thought I'd be more like that. But breakthrough is such a pain to play.
Conquest is a blast. I've never been a fan of Breakthrough--felt like a more boring version of Rush. I know people love it, though.
Yeah it's a shame that we don't have a normal rush mode anymore. That's all I used to play back in the day.
I've been playing BF with a controller ever since the first BC and I can't remember having as many issues with gunplay as I'm having with 2042. It's a bummer that all of the streamers and content creators that focus on BF are on PC so they won't be shining a light on the issue
Yeah I really hope they're able to fix this issue or atleast think about adding input based crossplay. Can't really see the game living too long with the current situation

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I second this, playing XsX on an E9 and HDR looks great. From the looks of it, Frostbite finally supports WCG when BFV did not. Im playing with VRR which elevates black levels and it still looks great.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The one positive I can praise the game for is finally, finally getting the rubber banding of terrain vehicle physics right. The beta was the same, and it's great. Whatever DICE changed in the backend of Frostbite for how it processes vehicle data across the network works so much better here than any previous game. Not that the other games are awful, but I think every Frostbite Battlefield has kinda weird, wobbly physics whenever you're driving a fast vehicle (eg: jeep). Launching off objects and crashing into shit never felt like the physics were approximating how the vehicle would actually respond, like it was struggling to synchronise the network data and so over simplified. BF2042's is the first time speeding along in a jeep and getting air flows seamlessly and feels good.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Had enough and deleted off my ps5. And here I thought bf5 was as low as the series could get. Game is a mess and I doubt any amount of fixes will correct the core game design of awful maps/combat flow

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
my go to for blowing up those annoying tanks that stay far away and just rain death upon you: the casper drone with c4 on it

works well when you get used to it. They never see it coming. If youa re close enough and someone shoots you with your c4s on it, they will blwo up and still destroy the tank too

One of the most unexpected things with this game is that the SMGs are some of the most potent weapons of the game lol.

Also got off a match of Breakaway Conquest first time; honestly quite enjoyable and somewhat relaxing which is where IMV best BF can be and I wish DICE would fully lean into more so than intensity.