• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Someone talk me out of pre-ordering the Go Fuck Yourself Edition for early release on top of beta access
Maybe you can still get early access to beta via Gamepass? And you can play something else in Gamepass, or a previous Battlefield, during the early access period of 2042. That assuming you have PC / Xbox.
Otherwise I'm terrible at giving advice for this!

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have EA Play Pro - do I get the pre-order stuff included with my sub or does it not come with the pro membership?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
As long as I order the Gold edition for my Xbox Series X both versions will play on my Series X correct?

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I come back from holiday at the end of September, so October would be perfect for a beta. Thanks in advance Dice.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Preordered ages ago on PS5. Very excited for the beta. Do we know yet how big in content it will be (maps, modes)?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you can still get early access to beta via Gamepass? And you can play something else in Gamepass, or a previous Battlefield, during the early access period of 2042. That assuming you have PC / Xbox.
Otherwise I'm terrible at giving advice for this!

You get both of these with EA play anyway? At least early access via the ten hour trial, the beta + a ten percent discount on the game.

Does Beta Access come with Game Pass?

I have GPU/EA Play locked up until 2024, but if Mass Effect was any indication, they can opt-out of early access for certain games. Figured that would be the case here given it's tied to a deluxe edition pre-order.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

I have GPU/EA Play locked up until 2024, but if Mass Effect was any indication, they can opt-out of early access for certain games. Figured that would be the case here given it's tied to a deluxe edition pre-order.
Might as well wait until later since they have not announced it, but usually early access and deluxe editions come to EA Play Pro so it might not be available for standard EA Play.

Last edited:

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018

I've been seeing conflicting reports on this but in any case, waiting to see the official statement seems to be the way to go.

Also, would make sense to offer Gamepass / EA Play perks based on the marketing agreement with Microsoft (fingers crossed).

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well wait until later since they have not announced it, but usually early access and deluxe editions come to EA Play Pro so it might not be available for standard EA Play.

I've been seeing conflicting reports on this but in any case, waiting to see the official statement seems to be the way to go.

Also, would make sense to offer Gamepass / EA Play perks based on the marketing agreement with Microsoft (fingers crossed).

Well I guess there's no harm in waiting until the end of the week for confirmation.

Officially talked-down, for now, thanks!

terrible1fi

Jun 4, 2019
reports on hazard zone are multi squad based PvP on a big map where you have to get objectives and exfiltrate (or something like that). Similar to escape from Tarkov

Ark

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I've been hugely hyped for 2042 since it was announced, but the lack of ANY news is really pissing me off. The fact that they didn't say a single god damn thing over Gamescom really concerns me.

I was originally going to pre-order the Gold Edition so I could get early access to the beta and to release, but I'm not going to now. I'll wait and see what happens and if the beta is even remotely promising. I'm so done being burned by DICE's poor decisions.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I've been hugely hyped for 2042 since it was announced, but the lack of ANY news is really pissing me off. The fact that they didn't say a single god damn thing over Gamescom really concerns me.
This game is going to be coming in very, very hot - I think that much is apparent.

Pretty sure that this communication is far from intentional, things probably keep getting delayed (at least that's what was said back in May/June when the announcement took longer than expected)

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Its kind of worrying when the game is basically launching next month and we still dont have much information about it and the only real unedited gameplay video is from some Chinese player recording a technical test in 480p.

It really doesn't inspire confidence in the actual state of the game.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This game is going to be coming in very, very hot - I think that much is apparent.

Pretty sure that this communication is far from intentional, things probably keep getting delayed (at least that's what was said back in May/June when the announcement took longer than expected)
Alarm bells started going off when the PlayStation alpha test was abruptly cancelled. Launch could be a mess.

Ark

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Its kind of worrying when the game is basically launching next month and we still dont have much information about it and the only real unedited gameplay video is from some Chinese player recording a technical test in 480p.

Exactly this.

My hype has actually moved from BF2042 to FH5 now. I'll be pre-ordering the FH5 Ultimate Edition just like I did with FH4 when that released because of all the content they've been releasing lately, I already know I'm going to no-life the crap out of it.

BF2042 meanwhile.... I've booked a week off work for when it releases but I'm thinking of moving that to coincide with the FH5 release now.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017

I get where you're coming from but if you check the leaked gameplay thread or just YT it there's plenty of an other leaked gameplay besides that initial Chinese leaker. It's still within the confines of the playtest but is slightly higher res and you can see more variety.

I'd still like to hear from their marketing soon. Don't really care for the Escape From Tarkov mode but official gameplay would be nice to see.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible they delay the game at the last minute? Or will it come in super hot?
Worried because of all the recent posts...

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Let's just see how the beta goes. I don't remember how different the BF1 beta was compared to the final game, but I don't remember complaining that it felt unpolished compared to the final game.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
There needs to be a huge marketing push to convince me to purchase this.

The signs are there that this is being rushed out to catch the holidays.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Let's just see how the beta goes. I don't remember how different the BF1 beta was compared to the final game, but I don't remember complaining that it felt unpolished compared to the final game.
As I recall there were things better and things that went away, but all in all very comparative.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
No way this game gets delayed and I'm not worrying quite yet. Hazard Zone is a bit concerning with absolutely no details

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair Battlefield 1 was the battlefield game that launched in the best shape and it was kinda unusual in that regard. Historically battlefield games have arrived hot. To be honest, I'm kinda expecting the same here. It's landing on a lot of platforms and is cross gen and this one seems to be doing a lot with the bump up to 128 players and being cross gen and cross play, and the three different multiplayer experiences, etc.

I'm not expecting a non-bumpy launch and if that is the dividing line for an individual then they should probably hold off on a pre-order. I'm well aware of what could happen personally so I'm completely fine with suffering through a non-ideal launch if it comes to that. Battlefield 4 ended up being an awful launch and they eventually turned it around into a great game and I doubt it will be as bad as that. But the world is definitely less tolerant now of a botched launch than in the past.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.