• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2018
This might be the first BF beta that I won't take part in. I just want everything to be absolutely fresh when it releases.

Gonna be hard to resist though!

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I will not pre-order but I would like to try the Beta and I have GamePass Ultimate. Can I be part of the "open" Beta via GPU or even have the 10 hours free trial once the game releases because of EA Play?
Just pre order on Amazon and cancel after you get your code. They don't charge you until the game ships.

Jun 17, 2018
Preordered on the Xbox store. I'm cautiously optimistic but if the beta seems really unpolished and has issues like the other games had at launch, I'll cancel and pick it up later after a few patches.

Of course, I'm aware it's a beta but Battlefield beta and launch codes seemed to be really similar over the last few games.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I used to be somewhat excited about playing games early, and even though BF3 did have that neat giraffe bug that was alpha/beta exclusive, I no longer feel any interest in playing unfinished games. Think it may have been BF4 that disenchanted me. That game took the unconventional approach of having its open pre-alpha testing take place after the game was released.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I cant see this happening at that date. My bet is on mid to late september

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't this be locked, it makes it sound official in the title but far from it. Or at the very least put RUMOR in the title.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they're trying to get the servers ready before announcing the date? With the amount of hype for this game, I can see DICE being worried the beta will be a cluster fuck with servers crashing.

Or they're trying to get the consoles ready. Playstation wasn't part of the technical test due to a critical issue.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the beta actually works this time. Tried to play multiple times during the last beta and the game just boots up to a black screen.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So what's going on on the PC side? I guess I might aswell pre-order, Battlefield and Final Fantasy XIV are the only games where I do this due to the beta/early access.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to use this beta to decide on which platform I buy the game on. I'm gearing toward PC since everyone I know is planning on playing it there, but I'm not confident that my R9 Fury/ Ryzen 1700x PC will keep up. At least it's cross-play with consoles so I can still play with my friends on my Series X if I decide to go with that platform.

That's when the game releases. It releases in early access on Oct 15.
thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
LoL you have to pre-order to play it THIS weekend. Or else you have to wait until Monday. Wow. Marketing.

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since hearing the Vanguard beta dates, it had to be these dates. I doubt having head to head betas stealing attention from each other was something marketing wanted.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Just to confirm...

Do we have to preorder to play the open beta? Or is it open to everyone for free with no strings attached?

Talking about Regular Open Beta, not the Early Access Open Beta.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it really is this weekend. Expecting a huge amount of players and server issues though.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Just to confirm...

Do we have to preorder to play the open beta? Or is it open to everyone for free with no strings attached?

it´s always been two betas, either two weekends or apparently now just 2 days early access to the beta. You´re fine not buying anything.

But nothing has been announced yet officially, these are just all rumors :D

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Just to confirm...

Free.

Worth noting that if anyone has Game Pass Ultimate, then you'll get access to the early beta on PC/Xbox

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm most likely going to buy this on some platform, but not sure which yet (PS5/XSX). I want to get into the beta and I am leaning towards PS5 but I hope I can back out of my pre-order on Sony's side if something bad happens with the PS5 version. Is this possible?

Sucks but I have to leave on Monday so I need this damn early access to the beta to even try it and the platform choice is dependent on the early testing (if somethings really up with any version, I go for the other one, if they perform similarly, I go where DualSense support is).

How bad is a refund on a pre-order with Sony?

Edit: Thank fuck for GPU, I can play without preordering anything.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Also note on the steam page -

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required.
Requires 3rd-Party Account: EA Account
Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA

I may just purchase on Origin directly if I've got to have Origin AND Steam up to play if I purchase through Steam.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
The early access to beta is only available thru digital pre-orders and not physcial?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So the PC System Requirements haven't changed since the leak at the beginning of august?

Status
Not open for further replies.