• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Hmm i was looking forward to cross play on my ps5. I'm not playing with pc full stop.

Why would I?
I'm playing COD Cold War with cross play with pc..
My God.. it's HORRIBLE.
But if I don't do crossplay, with SBMM, it can take 5min+ to find games when you hit higher levels.
In any case.. it's awful and I'm hoping Dice reconsiders crossplay with consoles only.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention the issue that some pc players use gamepad for flying but mouse and keyboard for shooting. It was always going to be trickier in battlefield not that there aren't solutions or compromises to be designed for these edge cases.
I really hope they don't take away their input mapping system over crossplay. It's one of the best in the industry.
Seeing the argument brought up again I'll say, I personally wish Gyro Flickstick would be enforced on all consoles so we can finally get over it and close the gap between mouse and controller considerably.
Native flick stick would make DICE the undisputed GOAT.

Last edited:

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Do peeps on here really not know cronus? Its widely used in online FPS and basically gives controller players no recoil scripts.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Do peeps on here really not know cronus? Its widely used in online FPS and basically gives controller players no recoil scripts.
Depending on the game, no recoil scripts, even mk/b adapters emulating controllers, are not as effective as they are made out to be. BF almost always had spread as a limiting factor gunfights beyond close range for example.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
An how is this a problem? With a mouse you have infinitely more precision, but you are mad that from half a meter the controller helps with fast moving targets that are sometimes plain impossible to hit because of the limitation of said hardware?

Meanwhile controller users are getting destroyed by the twitching mouse users.

You guys can't be serious.
???

Do you think mouse somehow makes any random player god-tier? Spoiler: it doesn't. Taking out aiming altogether with built-in aimbots is a laughable solution to bridge the gap between mouse and controller.

All it does is tip the scales in the opposite direction.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am on Xbox and will get it there. I will begrudgingly turn on cross-play for the. Offer player pool and faster matchmaking. I just really hope they will come to their senses let consoles exclude PC players or at least to proper input based matchmaking.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
I am on Xbox and will get it there. I will begrudgingly turn on cross-play for the. Offer player pool and faster matchmaking. I just really hope they will come to their senses let consoles exclude PC players or at least to proper input based matchmaking.

Same here. I'll start off with crossplay on, but if cheating starts become a big problem, as it has for previous battlefield pc games, then I'll definitely turn it off.

At least here, it won't be as frustrating as warzone since you'll be able to respawn and not lose 20ish minutes of progress to a hacker.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not me secretly hoping that it is delayed after seeing how great Deathloop seems and wanting to pad out purchases 👀

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they don't take away their input mapping system over crossplay. It's one of the best in the industry.

Native flick stick would make DICE the undisputed GOAT.

Agreed. C'mon when will devs see the light?

This. It would greatly enhance controllers and assists would be no longer necessary.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this. I'm also convinced that all the die-hard legacy twin-stick players that cling so hard to the current paradigm would maybe have two weeks worth of bad matches until they adjust and then the whole issue would be behind us. It's a new control-scheme to learn, muscle memory or not, it's not a new language or an entire new skillset.

I might sound harsh and stubborn but as someone with a disability who cannot play well with twin-sticks and where gyro alone already helps me a ton I'm just sad about the entire crossplay-realm being held back due to a legacy control-scheme that was never good for FPS and TPS games to begin with, we just lacked something better for consoles that we have now.

Is Gyro Flickstick exactly as good as keyboard and mouse? No probably not but I argue it closes the gap to such a significant degree that, before the remaining gap matters, map-awareness and playstyle play the most important role.

Or to have a tl:dr:

Avoiding crossplay isn't a fix to the problem, it's just sidestepping it despite a fix being available.

Last edited:

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I'm not alone with this. I'm also convinced that all the die-hard legacy twin-stick players that cling so hard to the current paradigm would maybe have two weeks worth of bad matches until they adjust and then the whole issue would be behind us. It's a new control-scheme to learn, muscle memory or not, it's not a new language or an entire new skillset.

I might sound harsh and stubborn but as someone with a disability who cannot play well with twin-sticks and where gyro alone already helps me a ton I'm just sad about the entire crossplay-realm being held back due to a legacy control-scheme that was never good for FPS and TPS games to begin with, we just lacked something better for consoles that we have now.

Is Gyro Flickstick exactly as good as keyboard and mouse? No probably not but I argue it closes the gap to such a significant degree that, before the remaining gap matters, map-awareness and playstyle play the most important role.
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, anyone who refuses to adapt deserves to be left behind. I'm sure there were people who complained about sticks too, back when all we had were pads.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
At the risk of sounding like an asshole, anyone who refuses to adapt deserves to be left behind. I'm sure there were people who complained about sticks too, back when all we had were pads.

Yeah that actually happened, there was a group who clung hard to D-pads-only too. Everyone always says it would be too much to learn and games are supposed to be fun in the free-time, again it's not like you need to learn something specific. Just play like this for a few hours and it will happen by itself.

The biggest roadblock is still Microsoft who refuse to add gyro-hardware, Nintendo and Sony are already in the game so to speak.

grimrepo

Jan 9, 2018
I'm playing COD Cold War with cross play with pc..
My God.. it's HORRIBLE.
But if I don't do crossplay, with SBMM, it can take 5min+ to find games when you hit higher levels.
In any case.. it's awful and I'm hoping Dice reconsiders crossplay with consoles only.

They will have to change, the whole idea is more players for longevity. This will be a pointless exercise @ 128 players (or bots :).

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero interest in playing gyro and never will. I hope you guys one day get an adoption rate that allows you to play with fellow like minded people who want to play gyro or you can have the option to play with the mouse and keyboard people. But I have zero interest in that control method and never will. I have a feeling the vast majority of people who play the traditional popular shooters on console feel the same.

Which is not to say there shouldn't be an option for those who want to play gyro. But I highly disagree with the idea that's the future wave that will ever overtake dual analog. There may one day be that control method that does on console. But I'm gonna say it ain't gonna be gyro. But that's just my opinion. The future will dictate more that than what anybody is suggesting at this moment.

Either way I'm pretty sure Battlefield 2042 won't be supporting gyro on consoles that can do it.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: platform warring
My thing with crossplay is that it just sucks with PC due to it being a platform rife with cheaters. Plus the lack of parity with graphics options. FOV settings in Warzone give a huge advantage to PC players for instance. I hope the anti-cheat is draconian af because the console space doesn't need PC players but PC absolutely needs the console playerbase for sustainability in a lot of cases. I don't think the PC community deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to anti-cheat. Give it all those kernel permissions, melt the CPU, make it so they can't even start up solitaire while it's running, who cares.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
My thing with crossplay is that it just sucks with PC due to it being a platform rife with cheaters. Plus the lack of parity with graphics options. FOV settings in Warzone give a huge advantage to PC players for instance. I hope the anti-cheat is draconian af because the console space doesn't need PC players but PC absolutely needs the console playerbase for sustainability in a lot of cases. I don't think the PC community deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to anti-cheat. Give it all those kernel permissions, melt the CPU, make it so they can't even start up solitaire while it's running, who cares.

.... yikes... uhm... yikes...

(cheating isn't as nearly big issue as ERA makes it to be, especially with games that run established AC)

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Cheating is definitely an annoying issue that I find frustrating to deal with on some crossplay but its not the main issue. It's simply the difference in input style strengths. There never was this burning desire from most console people to play crossplay with PC. I'm not saying there were no people who wanted this because clearly there are but it was never the majority desire. There was for console to console because they use roughly the same input and it increases the matchmaking pool in what is a relatively even playing field.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is this platform warring shit?

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
and yet you'll still get destroyed and blame it on cheaters lol...

Oct 28, 2017

Holy shit this is pathetic. Just turn your cross play off and be quiet.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'd hazard that Hazard Zone is post-launch content at this point. That marketing rollout seems quite delayed from what they probably had planned at some point.

I only find cheating a bother when it's noticeable, and I only tend to notice when it's blatant, and I only see those instakill cheats like once every 30th round or something. So I don't really care. I tend to be more annoyed by proficient pilots. Ban pilots. Burn their kernels.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017

it's way less of an issue on a 70$ game than on a f2p game. I wouldn't worry about it.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero interest in playing gyro and never will. I hope you guys one day get an adoption rate that allows you to play with fellow like minded people who want to play gyro or you can have the option to play with the mouse and keyboard people. But I have zero interest in that control method and never will. I have a feeling the vast majority of people who play the traditional popular shooters on console feel the same.

Which is not to say there shouldn't be an option for those who want to play gyro. But I highly disagree with the idea that's the future wave that will ever overtake dual analog. There may one day be that control method that does on console. But I'm gonna say it ain't gonna be gyro. But that's just my opinion. The future will dictate more that than what anybody is suggesting at this moment.

Either way I'm pretty sure Battlefield 2042 won't be supporting gyro on consoles that can do it.
The Wii was an insanely popular console and its main gimmick, whether or not it was good, was motion control. Nintendo and PlayStation still support motion so that says something about the casual markets adoption of gyro.

Plus gyro is objectively a better performing control method. There are competitive players on console, not just PC. You're free to use whichever method you prefer, but you're underestimating its adoption rate. All it'll take is for a mainstream game to support gyro and people will flock to it once they start getting destroyed in multiplayer.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
I tend to be more annoyed by proficient pilots. Ban pilots. Burn their kernels.

Oh man the return of helicopters going to be a good time, god tier pilots about to feast on us. What is really scary are those fighter jet aces who are mowing down infantry too.

Love me some aircraft action, hoping we get BF4's options to counter them as well, laser designators were the best if your team had a couple braincells to rub together rather then spam mass RPG7 engineers. Would love to see the Bad Company style dart trackers make it in as an option as well beyond just Portal.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
The Wii was an insanely popular console and its main gimmick, whether or not it was good, was motion control. Nintendo and PlayStation still support motion so that says something about the casual markets adoption of gyro.

Plus gyro is objectively a better performing control method. There are competitive players on console, not just PC. You're free to use whichever method you prefer, but you're underestimating its adoption rate. All it'll take is for a mainstream game to support gyro and people will flock to it once they start getting destroyed in multiplayer.
Like I said us arguing about it won't change anything. We'll see where we are in 5 years. In that time, if I'm wrong, hey I'm wrong. I don't think I will be but nothing is guaranteed.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
.... yikes... uhm... yikes...

(cheating isn't as nearly big issue as ERA makes it to be, especially with games that run established AC)

Era got nothing to do with it. All it takes for you to find a cheater in Warzone is to play one game. Tons of people complained about privacy concerns with Valorant and apparently they tuned it down in response. I don't think the PC community has any standing to complain about anti-cheat measures considering how bad it gets without them.

What the fuck is this platform warring shit?
What's factually wrong with what I said? The platform is rife with cheaters because of its open nature. It's not the common decency of the community stopping any of them. The community actively complains if the measures get too draconian.

and yet you'll still get destroyed and blame it on cheaters lol...
Lol. Who's going to destroy me? Part of the problem anyway. Even the possibility of cheaters ruins the integrity of the game and makes people suspicious of every play.

Holy shit this is pathetic. Just turn your cross play off and be quiet.
It's not my chosen platform that will have problems matchmaking without cross-play. Know your place in the relationship please.

it's way less of an issue on a 70$ game than on a f2p game. I wouldn't worry about it.

This is probably true. I got Warzone scars but I also saw that Battlefield V had some issues too. Also probably less of an issue in a standard mp match than it is in battle royale. It's absolutely devastating to get hosed by a cheater at the end of a BR.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably true. I got Warzone scars but I also saw that Battlefield V had some issues too. Also probably less of an issue in a standard mp match than it is in battle royale. It's absolutely devastating to get hosed by a cheater at the end of a BR.

yeah I agree with how much they suck in BRs—and it will certainly be more of a problem when BF2042 is given away for 5 bucks or for free like BFV has been. But hopefully that is a long way off.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Guys just report the platform troll and move on.

How good is DICE's anti cheat anyway?
They're using Easy Anti-cheat for 2042, which is an industry standard anti-cheat used by games like Apex, MCC, Dead by Daylight, Fortnite, For Honor, among others.

It's not perfect because no anti-cheat is, but it's a pretty good one.

Also keep in mind this is a $60 game, not a F2P one.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017

They're using Easy Anti-cheat for 2042, which is an industry standard anti-cheat used by games like Apex, MCC, Dead by Daylight, Fortnite, For Honor, among others.

Well there's the rumors of Hazard Zone being F2P but who knows what appeal that mode will have in general.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
One month till release and we get a song. And you will like it!

no-i-dont-think.gif

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

We've had the ability to change FOV, turn off motion blur, film grain, and similar visual settings in Battlefield since BF1, on consoles.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I always wish we also get a option to disable crossplay with PC. Still hoping for a console only crossplay.
PC will be fine playerbase wise also without crossplay

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always wish we also get a option to disable crossplay with PC. Still hoping for a console only crossplay.
PC will be fine playerbase wise also without crossplay

Same. I'll use crossplay if my PC friend gets on but as soon as he logs off, I'm going back to console only. Hopefully it gets added.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

Apex and Fortnite also have crossplay pools that are console default and PC opt in.

PiranhaMan

Apr 26, 2020
I really wish Gyro aiming was an option in shooter games. I would feel so much more confident in playing crossplay with PC players simply because of how it closes the gap between regular stick controllers and keyboard+mouse. I was recently playing The Last of Us 2 which has Gyro aiming and it is so much better, especially when using a Sniper Rifle.

Case in point:

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I really wish Gyro aiming was an option in shooter games. I would feel so much more confident in playing crossplay with PC players simply because of how it closes the gap between regular stick controllers and keyboard+mouse. I was recently playing The Last of Us 2 which has Gyro aiming and it is so much better, especially when using a Sniper Rifle.

Case in point:

So damn good I beat Last of Us 2 recently using gyro and no aim assist and I'm so mad that most playstation games don't allow it when it is a controller feature.
I've been playing every game with gyro on my steam controller for 5 years now and it's amazing, right now I'm playing Bloodhunt and about to start Deathloop and use gyro with my steam controller. I was interested in maybe getting Deathloop for my ps5 but since it doesn't support gyro I'm still going PC all the time.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
So damn good I beat Last of Us 2 recently using gyro and no aim assist and I'm so mad that most playstation games don't allow it when it is a controller feature.
I've been playing every game with gyro on my steam controller for 5 years now and it's amazing, right now I'm playing Bloodhunt and about to start Deathloop and use gyro with my steam controller. I was interested in maybe getting Deathloop for my ps5 but since it doesn't support gyro I'm still going PC all the time.
Great thing about gyro and Steam is you can set up comfy couch gaming without giving up mouse-like precision and other PC benefits. So glad ND implemented it for PS.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Cheating(Aimbots) has been possible on consoles for a while now check this out:

Completely undetectable on both platforms.

All the other features you FOV etc is all on Console has been for ages. Graphics settings arent and would be great if they were but its not a competitive game so it doesn't really matter.

Oct 20, 2018
I cannot remember if we do, but in case we don't, share your feedback. In an ideal situation, it would be great to support all inputs across all platforms.

Thx for reply! I know past battlefield game don't ( i tested on ps5 ).

And you can push my ideal of "promoting the mouse/keyboard feature on console, to get PC gamers that don't want to pay 1500$ for a GPU" in your marketing departement lol.

But i will post about my desire for mouse/keyboard on reddit/twitter/feedback!