• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
People should temper some expectations and not expect any in-depth gameplay information or footage.

Or beta stuff.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Game is 2 months out and they already had their mix in engine with bits of gameplay trailer. What is happening tomorrow is a blow out. It would be literally insane if all they had was another in engine trailer and talk a bit about that new mode and end it. No no no we will be getting the goods tomorrow.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Traditionally EA Play has been a blowout for new Battlefield info and footage. People expect it for a reason.

Is that the same event that all the influencers get flown out to to play each other for a couple of days or am I thinking of something else? Even if it were, its certainly not happening this year with the current situation right now.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Is that the same event that all the influencers get flown out to to play each other for a couple of days or am I thinking of something else? Even if it were, its certainly not happening this year with the current situation right now.
This is the event where they had a livestreamed mp match with influencers and celebrities for BF1 and Battlefront 2.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That has literally been what EA Play is to Battlefront/Battlefield for the last couple years…..

It has been promoted as event to reveal REDACTED, nothing more. Hence better temper expectations over whipping oneself into overdrive hype how this will be 40 minutes in-depth blowout of system design info, live gameplay etc.

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm guessing I'm really LTTP about BFV but I subscribed to EA Play to try it out and I'm not crazy but this is the fastest the TTK has been in a modern BF game right? If 2042 is like this I'm gonna be really disappointed.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
So I'm guessing I'm really LTTP about BFV but I subscribed to EA Play to try it out and I'm not crazy but this is the fastest the TTK has been in a modern BF game right? If 2042 is like this I'm gonna be really disappointed.
BFV is slower than BF3/4 since the damage model is similar but the rof is slower in statistical ttk. The problem with BFV is how the recoil and spread work making many fast guns full auto lasers so the mid-range burst or single firing is not needed from previous games.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Game is 2 months out and they already had their mix in engine with bits of gameplay trailer. What is happening tomorrow is a blow out. It would be literally insane if all they had was another in engine trailer and talk a bit about that new mode and end it. No no no we will be getting the goods tomorrow.

I hope you're right.

Oct 26, 2017
BFV is slower than BF3/4 since the damage model is similar but the rof is slower in statistical ttk. The problem with BFV is how the recoil and spread work making many fast guns full auto lasers so the mid-range burst or single firing is not needed from previous games.

Ah okay this make sense, definitely felt like the only way I could compete was using the higher RPM SMGs and such. Full auto lasers is a good description for the feeling I was having a lot while playing, killing people and getting killed by others.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Ah okay this make sense, definitely felt like the only way I could compete was using the higher RPM SMGs and such. Full auto lasers is a good description for the feeling I was having a lot while playing, killing people and getting killed by others.

If you want some fine cheese then play Assault and unlock SMLE. On paper it's semi-automatic rifle, but in practice it's "Click as fast as you can laser rifle". It empties its mag with pinpoint accuracy in blink of an eye. Until SMLE is unlocked STG 1-5 will hard carry you as it's still one of the laser meta weapons.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
If you want some fine cheese then play Assault and unlock SMLE. On paper it's semi-automatic rifle, but in practice it's "Click as fast as you can laser rifle". It empties its mag with pinpoint accuracy in blink of an eye. Until SMLE is unlocked STG 1-5 will hard carry you as it's still one of the laser meta weapons.
For Medic try the high rof variations of the Thompson, Suomi, and 2A with recoil buffer.

Oct 26, 2017

For Medic try the high rof variations of the Thompson, Suomi, and 2A with recoil buffer.

I uh may have or may not have already reinstalled BF1 and started playing that again :p

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Ahhhh excited for tomorrow 🥰

🎊

Welcome to the party! Please leave your C4 on the underside of the nearest ATV.

Haha! Thank you! In preparation I'm trying to win a BF1 code from the Giveaway thread and my odds are looking slim to none by the minute but oh well lol. I think the last BF I played was actually 4 around the ps4 launch and I only got a few hours into the campaign. I remember trying to play online for a few days and running for very long amounts of time only to get fuckin wrecked almost instantly. It was very disheartening to say the least. 🤣 Maybe I will git gud at this one lol.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Interested to see what they show. Need more info on the plans for player progression and unlocks. Also need to see what their roadmap is for support.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Surely we'll get some gameplay today.

I remember being blown away at BF1 gameplay when it was shown at E3 and almost not believing that a game could look that good and run at 60fps (or 30-60fps if you played on consoles lol)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Interested to see what they show. Need more info on the plans for player progression and unlocks. Also need to see what their roadmap is for support.
Doubt we get that wich is dissapointing. Not really care about this hub stuff. Think most people are intrested on info indeed of the core BF2042

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
I'm addicted to Tarkov and Hunt Showdown, so I'm really interested on seeing the new mode. I don't expect they deliver something so refined as those games but if they can pull off something similar on the Battlefield universe I'm all in.

Also hope they show some gunplay of the regular modes, i enjoyed all the BF games but I need a modern day shooter that isn't another cod.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Doubt we get that wich is dissapointing. Not really care about this hub stuff. Think most people are intrested on info indeed of the core BF2042
The hub stuff sounds fun but it feels like it would pull people away from the base game. Gamers love some classic maps, so I can see those playlists being massive. Probably explains the bot stuff haha.

Yeah, core stuff is good. I usually play a medic, so more on the revive mechanics, traits etc.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I just want to see a new trailer for the new mode and some uncut gameplay with gunplay and destruction

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
CDKeys charges at the point of purchase and doesn't guarantee you'll pay their lowest price for pre-orders.
So I refunded and reordered. Saved me the value of a whole candy bar or two. Fuck yes.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
weed3-2.jpg

Can't wait!

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Cross progression, 13 maps and a lot of customization is great. I am a lot more excited for this now. Congrats elenarie the game seems to be doing all the right moves.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like its what i expected. Cool idea and nice distraction. But doubt its gonna be very popular. Sure its fun for two matches to play WW2 vs BF2042 stuff. But if its unbalanced even though its fun people wont bother after a couple of matches.