• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's a good thing that the Beta we all played was months old, so it's been in the oven for a while.
Was that ever confirmed? There were rumours that the Beta was very recent as well. So who was right?
I enjoyed the demo. It was rough around the edges, but it was fun nontheless. I am hoping for a more polished experience at launch, obviously.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Was that ever confirmed? There were rumours that the Beta was very recent as well. So who was right?
I enjoyed the demo. It was rough around the edges, but it was fun nontheless. I am hoping for a more polished experience at launch, obviously.
They said it themselves in the post-beta blog post. It was a snapshot from August.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The multiple devs on and off of Era that provided added context for how build dates function and the DICE devs indicating that much of what was in the Beta was stuff that they had long since patched out. Tom Henderson stirred the pot, and people bought the rumor.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I guess something about Portal or a new episode for their 2042 universe background (like the previous Exode short film) ?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to some more footage even though we already played the game. Every second I spend on Warzone makes me want this game sooner.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Looking forward to some more footage even though we already played the game. Every second I spend on Warzone makes me want this game sooner.
As somebody that was also sickened with Warzone over time and eventually dropped it ... install BF1 or BFV in the meantime. It'll get you into the Battlefield spirit and help you kick those Verdansk blues.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this is something substantial but isn't it unusual for DICE to drop footage/info like this without hyping it up for a few days ahead of time?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I hope it's something better than 1:30 to 2:00 long trailer of "gameplay" made from tiny 6 second clips.

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Hopefully a delay is incoming. It's by far the buggiest, most incomplete beta I ever played in BF.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The multiple devs on and off of Era that provided added context for how build dates function and the DICE devs indicating that much of what was in the Beta was stuff that they had long since patched out. Tom Henderson stirred the pot, and people bought the rumor.
Sounds good. Drama for the sake of drama. Hoping for a smooth launch, even when games that big always come with some baggage.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Sounds good. Drama for the sake of drama. Hoping for a smooth launch, even when games that big always come with some baggage.
Oh and Battlefield drama is hot these days. I have a feeling that they could show us the cure for cancer today in today's reveal and it would be a sky is falling moment.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Breakaway with Sundance is going to be sooo much fun

Kinda wish that we had RT Reflections in this game. Even if demanding now, it'd be cool in a few GPU gens to toggle it on and enjoy the visuals

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Well I guess that was fine for two hours notice. Nice to see some more interior combat.

Hope we get something more substantial soon. We're just over two weeks away from early access.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That flying with Sundance tho.

i-like-it-like.gif

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Breakthrough is going to be crazy on these maps

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The hell is up with these awful 30 fps trailers? Trying to hide performance issues still or whats up?

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
short but good...

Is that me or it looks like one faction has grey/dark uniforms, while the other is beige/sand ? Would be enough to differentiate friends from foes.