• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. (Pending is approved now btw.)

1142_pending.jpg
You might want to check the FAQ on EA forums.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Run as Admin did it for me.

By updating WIndows and GPU drivers I close out those, game wouldn't boot.

After that I started one by one disable programs that start in boot. I found culprit and for some reason "EarTrumpet" (3rd party volume program for W10) blocks game from starting. After I disabled it and booted PC game worked.

I hope conflict isn't there once release hits.

Ark

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Got my email at like 1am this morning, downloaded the playtest on Origin and I've been waiting since like 8am this morning.

That's the Halo Infinite flight, AoE4 beta, B4B beta, and now 2042 playtest.

I am captain game tester.

Lowkey hyped as fuck to play this in an hour though, literally going to get zero work done this afternoon.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got my email at like 1am this morning, downloaded the playtest on Origin and I've been waiting since like 8am this morning.

That's the Halo Infinite flight, AoE4 beta, B4B beta, and now 2042 playtest.

I am captain game tester.

Lowkey hyped as fuck to play this in an hour though, literally going to get zero work done this afternoon.
Is it in an hour? I thought it was right now? Must be a time zone thing.

BLU-82

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else approved for the test but still not seeing it in Origin for pre-load? Trying to contact EA help about it but its like pulling teeth =/

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope nothing leaks. I certainly would not want to see a couple of minutes of gameplay of this game...

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Or, maybe, just maybe, it's designed around the hours that DICE Sweden are in the office? Smh.
Man, offtopic, but I would SHIT MY PANTS if I was to release an alpha/beta/final version of such a big online game and you had to keep control on it at the office. Like, looking graphs and hoping everything goes fine.

DICE are obviously experts by now, but still lol elenarie

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
I'm approved since last night Series X, but still haven't gotten anything besides that status on playtesting website

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
Anyone else clicking play and it searches for a game but then gives out an error?

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Mine says approved for ps5. When does the download open?
Edit: Saturday at 7am central is my window.

Ark

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
If anyone on PC is trying to launch the game and just gets a black screen, force Origin to update the game and it should work.

I'm in now, but like everyone else I'm unable to find a game, just returns a placeholder error.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting black screen on 3080 + OLED CX, updating didn't help.
Playing now on 2080 + 1440p144hz computer monitor, and I'm stuck at 30 fps no matter what the settings?