• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Also do you need to unlock attachments? Because I was trying to put attachments on my gun with the plus menu and it's not working.

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
Played BF2042 on the Series S and its surprisingly really sharp. It does not drop an inch below 60fps.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
From the impression I shouldn't bother trying this out on Pc. I'll try it tonight and see for myself tonight

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
elenarie I bought Battlefield on my PS5 account, and my brother's account is not able to play it on his account on my PS5. Weird because every other closed beta has worked on all accounts on my PS5.
Is this a bug or was this intentional?

It literally still says the code when you attempt to log in and the message about pre-ordering the game when attempting on his profile.

because the client can be downloaded by anyone at this point, and access seems to be gated by having the actual entitlement for early access, seems to be that you have to have the entitlement attached to your account in order to play early on this one.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Lets atleast give them a chance at launching the game before we start calling the devs liers.
They did this with BF5 and BF4. Like people here get up in arms over me saying this and then release rolls around its rubbish and then have a whinge about how bad a company EA is. Its a cycle.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Any harm of enabling Nvidia reflex? Should you enable it with boost?

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Well I got in. But first impressions is thst this game is ROUGH. Takes me back to the Battlefield 4 launch if this is one of the latest builds....

Think I'll wait for a few months. Audio is a downgrade. The "music" is something else :p.

I just hoped for a next gen BF4.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
They did this with BF5 and BF4. Like people here get up in arms over me saying this and then release rolls around its rubbish and then have a whinge about how bad a company EA is. Its a cycle.
Dice does not equal EA. If the game releases before it's ready this is EA pushing it out for the holiday season, not Dice being liars.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the performance on PC is quite bad atm but looking at the console versions and how well they run gives me hope that it'll be completely fine on release. Everything else is goooooood. It's giving me that fuzzy feeling of BF4 nostalgia.

Just remember this lie once the game releases. There is no way this is fixed remotely well enough before release.

As a dev myself, let me just quickly tell you - just shut up honestly. These kinds of posts help no one and are rude as fuck as well.

Edit: Game devs have to deal with way too much toxicity online and you're part of the problem.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017

I don't remember the bf5 beta, but bf4 beta to release, was a big improvement for me, even if the final game ended up being buggy.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I still like Battlefield a hell of a lot more in theory than I do playing as a solo person. There's almost no point being in a squad if you're solo queuing

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Just played my first match on Series X, runs really well so far. The immediate thing that sticks out, is that when I was playing medic, there didn't seem to be any indication of what teammates needed healing. I can see the revive icons clear as day, but I didn't know who I should be healing with my dart gun.

Going to play more throughout the day for sure. Going to need to get a bunch of work done first though.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Really rough on my 3080 8700k combo. Hard crash on my first game.

Guess I should try it on my Series X

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Do you know if there will be a 120fps mode on Series X. After playing FPS games on 120fps (BFV, Halo, Warzone, etc.) mode for a year, I am spoiled? The 60fps feels weird to me. it's hurting my eyes xD
I wouldn't expect it considering there's no cross play with last gen

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't play but I watched a friend play for quite an extended period of length and this seems crazy chaotic with the higher mobility and grapple hook. Players are just all over the place, skipping choke points and grappling behind lines super fast, and it really feels like you just need to be a 360 aware hyperbot at all times and that seems really tedious/RNG-ish to me? He was doing good too, so no rage, just imaging myself playing and having to deal with every direction being a threat 24/7 seems tiring.
Ugh I didn't even know there was a grappling hook in this.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
agreed. And calling out a specific person like this also feels kind of gross
Not really - it's incredibly easy to NOT load up a gamming forum and just spam type THIS IS ALL SHIT!!!!!exlamation mark DEVS ARE LIERS!!!? - if someone does that, especially here, they should get called out for it, especially by other devs.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Warming up to this a lot more now. Confident in the core of the game at least, just hope that performance and any bugs/UI quirks are eventually sorted out

j0hnniX

Oct 25, 2017
GA
Definitely enjoying this. plays ok on series x, surprised at how smooth, some minor drops. Graphical glitches with shadow/lighting flickering on and off is migraine inducing for myself, anyone seeing this on the PS5?

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gave this about 30 minutes of play on my PS5 before going to work this morning.

Dont understand the complaints. I thought it was a lot of fun? There are bugs sure, but they'll be patched out eventually.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Hold some button, cannot remember which one. :D It will bring up the weapon customisation menu.

I just wanted to give you major props for hanging in here, and helping everyone out. It can't be easy being the lone face of a developer when a beta is released, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

Thanks, elenarie.