• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Cyan teammates is such a bad idea, looking at them pointing towards the sea/sky and the entire hud disappears, i spend more time shooting teammates just in case.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's the early access thing about? I've got the beta downloaded but it a won't work unless I buy the game I guess? Kinda lame. Today was my free day to try it and don't really wanna sink £70 to see if I like a game

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Okay hold up what even is this squad system? Is it automatic because I can't even join other squads so if it's just me or 1 dude I'm screwed.

...did they take out squad join?...

Forceflow

Nov 5, 2019
Belgium
It's amazing how different the experience is playing this game on PS5 vs high spec PC, just so much smoother on the console. I'm loving the experience overall but it's definitely stuttery as heck my PC (5950x, 64 gig ram, sn850, 2080) and similarly on my mates even higher specced PC, but when I jumped over to watch my brother playing on his PS5 it's just butter.
Can confirm. Comparing my PC build (2070 super, 3900X) to the XSX beta and it's night and day, unfortunately. :/

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
What's the early access thing about? I've got the beta downloaded but it a won't work unless I buy the game I guess? Kinda lame. Today was my free day to try it and don't really wanna sink £70 to see if I like a game
Open beta starts on Friday, early access allows you to play from today

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
I think I've finally realized with this beta that I'm not looking for a Battlefield with a focus on Conquest. I just haven't been able to get into the last few releases. Here's to hoping for a Rush focused entry in the series sometime in the future :)

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Not having the PC issues some are having comparing the PC to PS5 is a huge jump in clarity and performance for me. rx 6800/3900x/32gb 3200mhz.

And Dice should be commended for finally, after all these years getting rid of the truly awful direct x 12 stutter. Its completely eliminated.

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
Mixed feelings on balance/map flow combined with tendencies of the BF community but I'll have to hit it again after I'm fully awake. Not worried about technical issues. Other people have already covered my thoughts on flat lighting/audio.

Biggest gameplay takeaway during beta regardless of map: Does M&KB work on Series X? Vehicles on controller feel like a step back from V and air combat is already a lost cause in crossplay.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Either you preorder the game or have EA Play to get in before the 8th

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Think it's a really bad decision to have the friendly capped and uncapped (by all) points be so similarly coloured by default. Cyan and White, I mean c'mon.
Maybe, haven't thought about the colour specifics, it's just I don't associate a screen colour/tint with... 'information about the map/game flow'.
Usually in games the screen tinting or changing colour means you are about to die (or have been spotted, caught a disease, have gone out of bounds)... almost certainly nothing good anyway.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I think I have to call it with this beta. There is this constant flicker of a stretched out texture and it's make me feel queasy. I've never felt like this playing a game.

This what people who get motion sickness feel like?

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, haven't thought about the colour specifics, it's just I don't associate a screen colour/tint with... 'information about the map/game flow'.
Usually in games the screen tinting or changing colour means you are about to die (or have been spotted, caught a disease, have gone out of bounds)... almost certainly nothing good anyway.

Agreed, I think both application and choice of colourings have been bad here.

HelloMeow

Oct 25, 2017
Does this really have 128 players? If so, why would you make a map big enough that it seems empty even with 128 players?

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
elenarie I bought Battlefield on my PS5 account, and my brother's account is not able to play it on his account on my PS5. Weird because every other closed beta has worked on all accounts on my PS5.
Is this a bug or was this intentional?

It literally still says the code when you attempt to log in and the message about pre-ordering the game when attempting on his profile.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
This game is awful. Like not good. Its buggy garbage no way they have this fixed by launch this shit should be delayed with how fucking bad it is. 9900k 3080ti and it runs like shit while also looking average.

Gooby

Oct 28, 2017
anyone knows what is the key on PC to switch between scopes for the hybrid scope?

also, the HUD definitely needs improvement. why is the compass and firing mode only shown when ADS? and there is no clear indication of which key to press to switch to the grenade launcher with the AR. me and my friends had to figure that out via pressing random keys on the keyboard. there is also no button indicator for the elevators which made me think elevators weren't working in this game.

and the 'M' key to bring up the map ingame straight up does not work

Last edited:

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Looks and plays better than the tech test but yikes at that performance 50-70 fps on ultra 1440p on a 3080 is not acceptable, the stutters and dips are pretty bad as well.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Halo Infinite had an overly complex settings page for controller sensitivity

BF: hold my fuckin keg.

What a damn shit show. I appreciate devs have the option to provide such granularity, but that's a confused mess of a page that is not even close to being user friendly.

Hopefully by the time I get home from work people will have established settings I can copy

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
There was a reason they were so quite about this steaming pile of garbage and it certainly wasnt cause they revealed too much last game.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
The game looks and runs fine at 1440p on my 1080ti, but good god the UI is hideous. Garish, clashing neon text and buttons all over my screen, huge objective markers filling my field of view, a scoreboard I can see about five names on because it looks like a 640x480 menu stretched up to the resolution I'm running at. It's horrible.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Negatives
  • Every so often the screen would go CYAN filtered, must be something to do with the capture points but i hated it, stopped me in my tracks

When you walk past cold things it does this, and the screen will frost up at the edges. Like being near the large leaking pressurized containers and such, or some of the buildings appear to have some sort of fire suppression system that can be deployed, which sprays stuff everywhere. It's a bit annoying, I dunno if there's anything happening gameplay wise beyond the color filter on the screen.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few games this morning. It's rough. I mean you can assume the most obvious stuff will be fixed before launch but its still a rough beta. This is not a super polished experience that gives you complete confidence in the full game even though I'm still getting the gold edition.

There is a lot of gameplay feedback stuff that just needs work. Like I feel I don't have a lot of the information I need as I'm playing that is in say Battlefield V. Like when I die are there any medics around me who can revive and how close are they. There are just a lot of little stuff like that, that adds up to big stuff.

That was my initial impression. I'll play more this afternoon obviously to form some more detailed and coherent opinions and maybe useful feedback.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
There's been some comments that the stuttering on PC might eventually go away and it's the shaders being created. Another good point was that this is similar to how BF5 remains unplayable in DX12 for some players to this day, me included. I have to use DX11 in BF5 for it to be smooth, and it is damn smooth in DX11! BF2042 seems to be all DX12 though, and this is the scale of stuttering I have on a 5900X/3080 even after playing for quite a while already (so it shouldn't be the shader creation):

W4asCcc.jpg

That seems pretty bad, right? But that graph max is limited to 50ms. In afterburner it looks more like this (short gameplay session only in this one):

9iXAbP2.jpg

Frametimes are spiking up to full 1 second and beyond. All the time. The only other game where I have issues like this is BF5 in DX12 mode, though it's not nearly this bad in that game.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Oh one other thing. I can get the series X version running fine but I can't seem to get the xbox one version running on my series X. I wanted to try that version also. It just stays on the main menu screen and the buttons don't seem to react. Anybody having this issue or gotten it to work who is on series X? Thx in advance.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Can't fly helos for shit in this beta, It was much easier in bf4

I think they've tried to simplify it a bit, but somehow made it worse. Once I got hang of it though, helos are pretty much the same as before. Its all about maintaining momemtum and the correct angle for your current needs.

I'm pulling off low altitude strafing runs and evading missiles without needing to use flares easily enough.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I'm having fun with this but I'm really, really hoping this is an old build because the BF4 launch PTSD is starting to kick in.

Without being all negative, while the map is a bit larger than it should be, the capture point parts of the map are VERY cool so at least it's got that going for it.

Another gripe I'm noticing is that characters running around just looks bad. BF4 had it silky smooth while here I can look at a dude and he just sort of stutters around very unnaturally, the animation for character models seems somehow worse than even BF3, like they're stuck with less animations than they should have or something.

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
Played a match it was hilarious no one knows how to use vehicles so I seen tons of choppers crashing in the water or into buildings.