• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm impressed with how well Apex has changed this forum's opinion on BR. It used to be all venom filled hate fests, now everyone is lining up with ideas.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Crackdown with fully destructible city. Powerups on the map that increase stats for that specific match. Loads of crazy guns and shrinking field of play. Instant fun.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the times for Halo to stop "chasing trends" they choose now.

This is one mode/game that should be made.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
A battle royale based around the Halo ODSTs is so glaringly obvious that I will be shocked if Infinite doesn't have that from day one.

That said, as a fan of the franchise, Halo's multiplayer tends to be at its worst when it starts to chase popular trends, so I'm not sure I want Halo to have a battle royale experience - especially if it means that the traditional multiplayer doesn't get as many maps/modes etc as a consequence.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marbleblastcover.jpg

Grylvak

Oct 29, 2017
I was always a fan of a Breath of the Wild Royale and will be forever sad we won't get it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Crucifixion Woods PvP insanity sorta intrigues me about the idea of a Souls BR. Let's see what people are worth with a melee weapon in hand. Wouldn't actually want From to burn resources on Battle Royale, though.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey (and loving it!) and came across a side quest that's basically a tongue-in-cheek Battle Royale mission on an island. And it made me realize it would be really cool to have a proper Battle Royale set on one of the AC Odyssey islands. With melee/bow and arrow combat, maybe like Apex do different classes like Warrior/Hunter/Assassin, caves with special loot 'n shit.... yeah I could see it... It could also have a gazillion customization options....

So Era Royale: what gaming world do you think would be a perfect fit for the genre?

The AC quest was funny because you even say 'I thought this was everyone for themselves but those guys are working together' lol.

I disagree on TLOU. The controls are too tanky.

I'd like to see a Matrix/Max Payne multiplayer with BR.

I'd also love a modern Twisted Metal.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Dead Rising

100 players drop into a mall/strip area kind of like Dead Rising 2 and everything can be used as a weapon. You could also create combo weapons on the fly like in Dead Rising 3.

And sprinkle it with zombies to add that little extra.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many online players are supported in a Dreams level?

I know large projects have to be linear and not open world, since you can only have so much going on in a single Scene, but I'm just thinking about how many micro-BRs you could develop with 20 people in a moderately small environment if you came up with fun mechanic hooks.
Most likely 4

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Something entirely focused on vehicular warfare maybe?

Dead Rising

100 players drop into a mall/strip area kind of like Dead Rising 2 and everything can be used as a weapon. You could also create combo weapons on the fly like in Dead Rising 3.

And sprinkle it with zombies to add that little extra.
Jesus. Fuck.

I kinda want this.
Almost entirely indoors BR? EZA had a good idea, the circle closing in is the zombie horde and then the hard border/timer is the mall shutters slowly coming down.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
The Warriors battle royale, 25 teams of 4 leave a randomly chosen gang hideout and proceed to smash each others faces in.

You create your character and choose their fighting style but there are various moves and items that can be picked up during a game.

Last edited:

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Alright, let's go.

River City Royale (Downtown Nekketsu Daisensou?)

Drop into one of several local area high schools and take to the streets with your gang to battle for territory, pick up tools, weapons, lost change and more, mug other players for money that you use to buy food and upgrades, and work your way up to become the toughest delinquents in the county. Play and level up your account to gain additional customization options so that you can personalize your own Kunio-styled street tough and graffiti and other decorations that are used to customize your school. A beat-em-up royale where any loose object around town can become a weapon, including your opponents. Play solo and be grouped with other people all under one school banner where the last school with students standing is the winner, or run in separate, non-affiliated squads of four.

Even customize your own epitaph that you shout out if someone else defeats you. Of course everyone when they first start just defaults to BARF!

Arcsys has the rights to the franchise now. Make it happen! If y'all have time to work on the likes of Dragonball and Granblue surely you could do this.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
I giant ziggurat of Cubes. At the bottom, 99 men clawing and pushing to reach the top.

Catherine Battle Royale