• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which was the cooler hidden vehicle reveal?

• Batmissile

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Batpod

Votes: 74 78.7%

• Total voters

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
latest

m462a.jpg

latest

VS

SomeKlutzyHarvestmen-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

latest

I was only like three or four when I first saw Batman Returns, but the only seen I remember with absolute clarity was the Batmissile scene. That shit was awesome for me back then. I had the hotwheels toy of it and every. My friend at the time had the fullsized batmobile toy from Kenner that broke apart to reveal the Batmissile and it was the shit.

s-l300.jpg

And then there is the Batpod. I remember seeing TDK on IMAX opening day. When the Batpod breaks out for the first time the entire audience audibly gasped. And when this scene happened.

tumblr_o37bk2Y6V91ro7vuqo1_500.gifv

People broke into cheers.

I still can't decide which is better. The Batmissile was such an awesome part of my childhood but goddamn, the Batpod reveal was bonkers in a packed theater.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
The Bat Missile was one of my favorite fucking toys for a while, so I'mma go with that.

But in movie terms, that shit is ridiculous.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I had a bat mobile as a kid that did the bat missile transformation. It was dope as fuck. Gets my vote even though it's dumb as hell.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
The Batpod is cooler, especially because of that scene where Batman drives it through a fucking mall or something and then flips a semi-truck.

Batmissile just gets skinny and seems like he probably wouldn't use it that much, it almost seems slightly impractical to have made it in the first place given how specific it is. I think I vaguely remember him driving it up a wall?

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Batpod is cooler, especially because of that scene where Batman drives it through a fucking mall or something and then flips a semi-truck.

Batmissile just gets skinny and seems like he probably wouldn't use it that much, it almost seems slightly impractical to have made it in the first place given how specific it is. I think I vaguely remember him driving it up a wall?

You're thinking of Batman Forever

Oct 27, 2017
It's obviously the Bat pod. The other one is a ridiculous design and streets aren't like that. It's just a dumb set to let Batman show off his new toy to escape.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Batman crashing his car and then exploding out of the wreckage on a motorcycle is a top 10 anime twist.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When the batpod rolled sideways out of the alleyway I lost my shit. It's cool as hell how the wheels can spin in any axis.

giphy.gif

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
The Batpod was more surprising because it popped out of something as boring as the Tumbler.

I love the 89 Batmobile, but the Batmissile is that with the sides cut off.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Batpod. It felt a lot cooler when it happened. The bat missile seemed like it was meant to sell toys, and based on some of the posts in here, it succeeded

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I had that Batmissile toy. One of the "missile launchers" never worked properly. It always launched the dart thing as soon as I loaded it.

Anyway, probably Batpod. Always reminded me of Bowman preparing to eject from the pod in 2001.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
The Batpod as a vehicle is fine, but the reveal was awesome. The sync with Zimmer's score after a few minutes of no music was sublime.

Plus that spin in the gif up above was awesome.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
the hypertube that goes from wayne's desk in downtown gotham to his basement beyond city limits

i bet that's fun

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Definitely the Batpod. I remember people were cheering in the theaters when that appeared.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
The Batpod reveal was awesome. Having it be the escape pod from the Tumbler was genius.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
So, the Batpod is definitely cooler than the Batmissle overall.

But in terms of reveals, the Batmissile was cooler. The Batpod reveal is basically a lesser remake of it.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
The pod brought down the house when I saw the film in theaters.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
The batpod is way cooler in practical terms.

Having said that, the batmissile is so goddamn dumb it has a charm of its own.

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone should state their age before picking a side.

I, being in my 30s like many other posters, had the Batman Returns batmobile toy as a kid therefore nostalgia wins and I choose that one.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
The batpod is awesome... but also seems very dangerous for someone wearing a cape. He's going to get pulled under the back wheel one day.