• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever it is might be timed with that Epic bundle.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
There is no way that Epic game is actually an announcement, right?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
If the Batman EGS game is actually an announcement then that's wild. Whatever it is I'm happy Roger Craig Smith may be involved as he was amazing as a younger Batman in Origins.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Is that what this is about?

EERchC-WsAA3mXx

Jan 29, 2018
Origins was pretty good from what I remember. Was that the one that has a fucked PC version? I played it on PS3.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Roger Craig Smith was the only good thing about Origins, so would be great to see him return for another Arkham game.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Surely people must know Roger Craig Smith by name. The guy was Ezio and has been Chris Redfield and Sonic for years.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Origins is fine. Knight was shit on launch, is good now.
I don't quite agree.

Origins has a bunch of bugs. They even got a stick for it because they said that they would be focusing on paid DLC over fixing known major bugs.
https://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-origins-prioritizing-dlc-over-patching-g-1519505970

Many of the known issues (some that are game breaking) were never fixed.

Knight was improved a lot, but is still really badly optimised. DF had a decent look at it a while back

There were a few updates since that article, but it's still ultimately a sub-par port.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I guess I'll buy it on console if this is supposedly an Epic exclusive, but regardless, I'm definitely excited for a potentially new Batman game.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Arkham knight announced for ps plus, supposedly Arkham trilogy going to be EGS freebie next week, and now we have this.
I will be surprised if WBM's Batman game isn't getting announced by the end of this year.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
It will be the Batman collection is available on Epic Game Store. But I wonder maybe it's a remaster of Origins? Maybe it's a tease for their new game.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
If it is an Origins remaster then I wonder what took them so long.

If it is an new Batman game it will be interesting to see if it is for the current gen, the next gen or cross gen.

Aug 19, 2019
London
WB Montreal are making a 3rd person open world action game, per their recent recruitment. It looks like WB Manchester is support. I could see it being the next Batman game (EGS exclusive on PC), with Origins being a free download in celebration.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
WB Montreal are making a 3rd person open world action game, per their recent recruitment. It looks like WB Manchester is support. I could see it being the next Batman game (EGS exclusive on PC), with Origins being a free download in celebration.
While it'd be a shame, WB is another publisher, like Take-Two, who I feel is unlikely to make their own launcher, so working with Epic makes sense.

Oh well, Batman games tend to have really good prices in Steam sales, and while enjoyed both the Arkham series and Monolith's "Shadow of" duo, none of those titles are "must buys" for me. I'm indifferent to Harry Potter, so that rumoured game doesn't particularly interest me either.

I wonder, will this be that much-rumoured Court of Owls game?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Shit, I still have to play through all the Batsy games. Fuck I can't seem to get into AA even though I started it thrice.

Well, I do hope it is a cross-gen game.