• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Batman's greatest love interest?

• Black Canary

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Batgirl

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Wonder Woman

Votes: 38 5.5%
  • Lois Lane

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Catwoman

Votes: 428 61.4%
  • Talia Al Ghul

Votes: 93 13.3%
  • Joker

Votes: 117 16.8%

• Total voters

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black Canary
batman-black-canary-sex-wtf-moments-all-star-batman-robin.jpg

Batgirl
hqdefault.jpg

Wonder Woman
main-qimg-d3841b9feedf35e61304d618386728d4.webp

Lois Lane
4299533-4176666-ll89.jpg

Catwoman

Talia Al Ghul

Joker
batman-loves.jpg

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Some of those are pretty strange inclusions over the more long term love interests he's had.

Not that it really matters because the answer is and will always be Selina.

I do enjoy his relationship with Diana, but not as endgame.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
It is hard to pick between Wonder Woman and Cat Woman. Cat Woman is the more popular answer but I loved Wonder Woman. In both cases, Batman's nature is in direct opposition to the partner. With Cat Woman, it is the ying/yang of justice/crime and with Wonder Woman it is the ying/yang of humanity/super-humanism. Both are compelling for different reasons.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Most meaningful relationship he's ever had was and is with Selina Kyle. Those two get each other in ways no one else gets them.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The best - Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Talia, all bring something new and interesting out of Batman.

Diana has the same resolve that Bruce has, but without his baggage. She's able to fight for justice and champion the meek without becoming a dark symbol of fear. She brings levity and hope out of him. Unfortunately for him, he's really just a stand-in for Steve Trevor.

Selina brings out Bruce's playfulness. Basically, whatever veneer Bruce wears publicly to come off as a playboy is less of an act with Selina. He's more lustful, reckless, and generally irreverent when he's with her.

And Talia represents Bruce's adventurous spirit - a wild and epic temptation that Bruce wants more than he'd readily admit. The reason it doesn't work is that both Talia and Bruce are incapable of compromising on their life's mission.

Also, shout-out to Jezebel Jet, who managed to legit get the best of Bruce and only failed because Dr. Hurt couldn't keep up his end of the bargain.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an actual argument for Batgirl here?
Selina is the right answer. I can see arguing for the Joker though.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I mean, Catwoman's the obvious choice here. But I did absolutely love the whole Bruce/Diana relationship in the old Justice League cartoons. They were perfect together

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Is there an actual argument for Batgirl here?
Selina is the right answer. I can see arguing for the Joker though.
If you ignore TKJ, the Timmverse/DCAU had already hinted at them romantically and even having dated at least a few times and, frankly, it was kind of a "makes sense" thing considering the working relationship they had, their age gap wasn't as much then and she was already in/through most of college by that point. He was still maybe in his late 20s or MAYBE early 30s. It's also not like he seduced her either time.

That being said, I always liked the DCAU relationship with Diana because that was one of her best characterizations and she seemed genuinely taken with him.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
It varies based on each universe, but in modern comics (let's say the last 20 years), it's easily been Catwoman. However, in other mainstream media, such as Arkham or DCAU, Catwoman is often sidelined in favor of Talia and/or Wonder Woman. The biggest omission here is probably Zatanna, given that she and Bruce were friends since childhood, and shared romantic interest each other prior to New 52 after Dini touched on the idea in Batman TAS.

batmanzatanna17.jpg

latest

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Now idk if its different in the comics but in the animated movie that introduced Damian im sure implied he was date raped.

It happend in Batman: Son of the Demon which was considered non canon until Morrison re-conned(?) it. IIRC it was consensual.

If you ignore TKJ, the Timmverse/DCAU had already hinted at them romantically and even having dated at least a few times and, frankly, it was kind of a "makes sense" thing considering the working relationship they had, their age gap wasn't as much then and she was already in/through most of college by that point. He was still maybe in his late 20s or MAYBE early 30s. It's also not like he seduced her either time.

That being said, I always liked the DCAU relationship with Diana because that was one of her best characterizations and she seemed genuinely taken with him.

It was basically revealed as the reason Bruce and Dick had a falling out in the canon-but-not-animated Batman Beyond comic. Which is still beyond icky and that part of the OP should be shunted into the sun.

I seriously expected Robin (Dick) to be an option.

As non-stop parodied in multiple places, like the Boys (comic version, do not read it) Tek Knight.

But yes, I vote Catwoman. Even if you point to Damian as evidence, I would argue Earth 2 Huntress predated him by a bit.