• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one is the better rivalry?

• Batman/Superman

Votes: 212 68.8%
  • Captain America/Iron Man

Votes: 96 31.2%

• Total voters

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
There is no one in the world who understands Clark the way Bruce does. There's no one in the world who understands Bruce the way Clark does. There are people in the world who understand them better, but in an entirely different way. There are people who they love and who love them more. But when it comes down to it, Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne know one another in ways no one else can or will get.

So in the moments when they lock horns? It feels more real and much more intense.

I agree that Cyclops and Wolverine is the better comparison, though until recently they were much more adversarial.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Batman vs Superman of course.

The main reason is due to how strong Supes is compared with Batman....And how Batman always ends up kicking his mother fucking ass.
Doesn't every plan Batman have against Superman to beat him up involve Kryptonite? It's really not as compelling to me as some "god vs man" conflict that people are selling it as. In most scenarios, you'd need Supes to be pulling his punches significantly to even seem like a fair fight.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
main-qimg-8825cff2aaf31cf05f5f54e63c1d7af8.webp

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't every plan Batman have against Superman to beat him up involve Kryptonite? It's really not as compelling to me as some "god vs man" conflict that people are selling it as. In most scenarios, you'd need Supes to be pulling his punches significantly to even seem like a fair fight.
Bruce flat out can't beat Clark if Clark is really trying, with or without Kryptonite. He can succeed at whatever it is he's trying to do using Clark's vulnerabilities before Clark can stop him. And by vulnerabilities I don't mean magic or kryptonite.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Just based on the film side of things - Ironman & Cap.

I haven't read enough comics to make an opinion for those.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Clark and Bruce have very different forms of justice so it plays nicely, and that's just what I know as a casual goer who knows of them.

All I know of Captain America and Ironman is that Captain's brainwashed friend killed Ironman's mom. I just check out mentally at that point.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Voted the one that involves Superman because it involves Superman, but it's always been a pretty contrived "rivalry". I appreciated the JL movie highlighting the massive chasm between the two characters that instantly exists whenever Supes chooses. It's God vs. some dude.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
On film, Cap and Iron Man. In pretty much everything else ever, Batman and Superman.

sorry, for a non-DC reader [just basing this off movies], but wtf exactly is this "legit reason"?

They have the same overall goal but very different ideas about how to achieve it. They both respect each other enough that this disagreement doesn't get in the way of their friendship and working relationship, but the interesting stuff happens when something that does really highlight those differences happens and they have to confront it head on. The movies are such a godawful hack job compared to literally any other portrayal of the Batman/Superman relationship.