• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Batman or Spider-Man

• Batman

Votes: 259 41.4%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 367 58.6%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
These two are the biggest and most iconic heroes of the worlds and are the mascot for their respective companies Marvel and DC. Between the two of them in terms of character, stories, villains, media, supporting cast, etc and other factors who do you prefer.

The Dark Knight:

latest

You're Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man:

c87bb4f13f03cb64815435215495204a.jpg

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Used to be Batman, but as I grow older I drift apart from his character shittyness and appreciate more and more the human aspects of other heroes like Spidey or Supes.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few stories I like for each, but really of the iconic superheroes I like superman way more than either of them.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man doesn't feel as completely played out (he's basically Archie Andrews with superpowers) and the discourse surrounding him isn't completely on fire like it is for Batman, so I'll go with him.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Spider-Man was my main guy from about age 8-14, then I became a Batman guy (but mostly a Superman guy), and then I went back to Spider-Man after college.

I think in my early twenties, I really connected with Peter and how he always had stuff to deal with; way more than when I was a teen.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
How can anyone choose Batman over Spidey? Spider-Man has cooler powers and more relatable problems.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Spider-man, because when he clearly actually enjoyed being a superhero and cutting loose with the webslinging when out on patrol, as opposed to being Peter with a bunch of the same issues I had too, it was always uplifting for me as an adolescent, and I still enjoy the stories now.

Last edited:

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Batman's fanboy writers have ruined his appeal though I still like the idea of Batman and especially the world of Batman. But Batman has become even more 'self insert' than Wolverine.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Batman. His supporting cast is much better and his rogues gallery gets the edge as well.

Superman the GOAT though.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I find Batman quite dull, to be honest. His villains are fun, but Bruce is hardly that exciting. I prefer Spider-Man by far. He feels far more human, which makes him more interesting.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Spidey, no contest. I like Batman too but Spidey is just more fun and relatable.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I like Spider-Man better as a character, but Batman definitely has better stories. (With the caveat that most of them aren't really stories about or even prominently featuring Batman.)

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I used to love Batman when I was a kid, but I've gotten so sick of how DC has pushed him that I've actually started to full-on dislike the character. The way "he's very prepared" mutated into "he'll pull out exactly what he needs in any given scenario and will always be right and is always the most important guy" was just grating. Cry for Justice sorta highlighted this for me by having Prometheus basically just written as an evil version of Batman and it was...annoying? Not clever or interesting or well-thought-out or anything, just irritating.
During quarantine I decided to re-watch BtAS and it was such a shocking reminder of how much I used to like him. In that series he can be kind and compassionate, he can make mistakes, he can be tricked, he can get hurt, he can fail and still keep fighting, and I feel like a lot of writers miss all those more human aspects to make him just, like, the coolest you guys.

Spider-man has his terrible story-arcs too, but I don't get that same distillation from him. Probably because writers love to torture him as much as they like to prop up Batman, but at least it makes him still feel like a person.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Spider-Man is mostly about him personally while the Batman-Comics are mostly about Batman's supporting characters.

I like em both for different reasons.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
As North America wakes up I expect Bats to win this poll but much like soccer, Spidey is the world's superhero.

Anyone can wear the mask after all

The extremely balanced power-set, the relatability, the responsibilities, the lessons, the banging theme song.

I won't post Miles' but it's just as applicable to what makes Spider-Man the best.

Last edited:

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I've been a Batman fan for so long it's always going to be him. Granted, I've not read a Batman comic for a little while now, but I still really like the character as well as growing up with things like BtAS.
That's not to say I don't like Spidey, but gimme the Dark Knight any day.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Spider-Man and it ain't close. Better power set, better supporting cast. They are equal in villains, but Spidey also has the better personality too

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Spidey

The ultimate team-up would be 60's batman with spidey though. I can imagine the puns and wordplay now.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Batman. I grew up on Adam West re-runs and 89 Tim Burton Batman/The Animated Series. Had I been born later and saw Tobey's Spiderman films, maybe I would have been a Spidey guy.