• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The film that revived Batman on the big screen and was an inspiration for many of the "gritty" Hollywood reboots of dormant franchises that would follow.
88Sg0wrFvVmwmhyMZJnQmZlM2oSlo5ud7OQNS1AXMJoe9XDhurTEG5lY8_Y-q6Hog0MCsQ2id9jClmQ0sEr6jJbI9nf7YgVtQToH9E6Ejts

Special shout out to Tom Wilkinson's Carmine Falcone. LIKE A DAWG.

Last edited:

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Never thought I'd see a movie with a young Bruce Wayne getting high.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see the first hour of begins as many times as I want it
Also applies to this beautiful tv ad

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
My favorite for the trilogy. The second best Nolan film, the Prestige is his best work.

"i never said thank you"

"and you'll never have to"

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
I didn't like the old movies even as a kid, but this movie really swept me up into it. I was hooked on this movie.

Deleted member 63846

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
At least you made a 15 year thread for it, unlike some of these anniversary threads that celebrate The Last of Us turning three today. How fucking great.

I like the first half of the film before he is Batman, but the back half is really quite terrible. Nolan has gotten better at action sequences but it is probably due to the criticisms seen here. The Dark Knight was his best Batman film just because the action scenes aren't as sloppy and Heath Ledger fucking carries it. Nolan's best film is Memento, which turns 20 in March.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
Loved seeing it in theaters opening day. The march to $200 million was wonderful to see on the old forum.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing it for the first time when it was on home video and thinking "wow, Batman was trained by ninjas?" Up until that point Batman had never been cool in my eyes.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Love it, rewatch many times the training montage alone is a masterpiece

Edit: beaten

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I never thought much of the movie and frankly wasnt really interested in TDKR until I saw Ledger's Joker. Then the hot garbage that is TDKR happened so the only thing I got from this was an amazing Joker. Keaton Batman all day.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they release the first teaser/preview with an episode of Smallville? Making me sit through that trash ass show to get my batman fix

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This and the Matrix were such an experience the first time I saw them in the cinema. Wish I could have seen T2 on the big screen...

ps3ud0 8)

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
RA'S AL GHUL IS DEAD
WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR
tumblr_mmjjo3JZWK1sqv1wuo1_500.gif

I know The Dark Knight tends to upstage it, but damned if Batman Begins wasn't a fantastic movie in its own right.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
2005 was a AAA summer all around for iconic, prestige "event" sci-fi/fantasy films. Batman Begins, Spielberg's War of the Worlds and Revenge of the Sith, they were all incredible theater experiences.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a very good film, though I still wouldn't call it my definitive Batman film.

Batman-600x300.jpg

See you next Tuesday....

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
It probably is my favorite Batman film, but what I love is that I can watch Nolan's Batman and Burton's Batman and completely appreciate both as being good, entertaining takes on the material that are totally different visually, but have some similarities tonally and thematically.

Then I just ignore everything else with Batman in it.