• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Batman: Arkham Knight RTX Remaster happening?

• Yes

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 152 74.1%

• Total voters

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It better happen, the PC version is still impossible to run fully stutter-free above 30fps and it never even received a Pro/X patch. It absolutely deserves a remaster, as long as it's not low budget trash like the Return to Arkham remasters.

Yiepekaiyei

Nov 20, 2017
Brazil
Guys, I couldn't disagree more with you about the batmobile. I found the whole addition awesome and was actually lookong forward to do the car fights throughout the game. While I don't think knight is better than city, is a much better game than most recognize it is

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
AK maxed on PC is still one of the best looking games out there imo, and I think RT would be an awesome addition to the game, especially with all of the different light sources, windows, rain, and shadows that the game offers.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Knight was better than City.

Fight me.

I'll back you up

Fight-minions-backup.gif

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Arkham Knight was the point where I decided I was not really all that interested in the Batman Arkham games anymore while Arkham City is a game I compulsively 100% replayed twice without meaning to.\

The games aren't fresh enough in my mind to have an argument about, but to my memory, Arkham Knight just overcomplicated the formula City had perfected.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
do any of these need remasters? I dipped into them on PC recently and they all look and play great. I'd be fine with them never being touched again unless it was, idk, a patch to skip the Batmobile sections.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Travesty this game didn't get an pro or X updates and is stuck at 900p on Xbox. Not even the remaster of the older 2 games fucking went beyond 1080p at 45fps. It's wild.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
do any of these need remasters? I dipped into them on PC recently and they all look and play great. I'd be fine with them never being touched again unless it was, idk, a patch to skip the Batmobile sections.

Have you seen how blurry it is on consoles? And it is 30fps with no HDR.

Yes they do there are other systems that don't have resolution and framerate toggles .

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
It's not happening. Also, the Batmobile was garbage and ruined the game. Those instant kill scenarios were dogshit, and no fun whatsoever. I can't remember another game last gen that was that annoying in the final hours. It's absolutely a notch below the other games in the series.

Give us some real ass remasters of AA and AC and not those weird neutered remasters they put out.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
This was more of a Batmobile game than a Batman game. Even the side content overuses the car for everything. I don't even remember any boss.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Oh I'm still replaying this game on PC so it'll probably be announced as soon as I'm finished with it.

That said, I'd love a remaster if that's the only way to get them to fix the game and get rid of the performance issues. I mean, if it gets RTX it'll run like crap, but it'll look better at least

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
The benefits to adding raytracing to Knight would be quite subtle, I think. It's one of those previous-era games that still looks like it could have been released this year.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember really enjoying this at launch, though it maybe wasn't my favourite of the series. I replayed through all of them lately though and it's easily my favourite, and massively under appreciated. I honestly think if they released a remaster of it on current gen, with 4K/60FPS and ray tracing etc, we would have dozens of LTTP/RTTP threads here really praising the game.

The game still looks amazing, and the art direction really carries it.
The fighting mechanics were elevated from the previous games, and really perfected.
The toolbox and mechanics really go a long way in making you feel like Batman.
The bat mobile weren't as overdone as I remembered, and I actually thought they were pretty fun.
For an open world game, it feels way different to other games in the genre.

Overall, I think comparing it to other games today, the closest something gets would be Spider-Man on PS4, but the side content in Arkham Knight and the world design really eclipses it. Arkham Knight just kinda breaks the mould.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please remaster the Batmobile right out of the game.
Just ignore it. Most of the game's content doesn't need it. (Most of the critical path does, which is a pity, but again - that's not most of the game's content.)

The game still looks amazing, and the art direction really carries it.
The fighting mechanics were elevated from the previous games, and really perfected.
The toolbox and mechanics really go a long way in making you feel like Batman.
The bat mobile weren't as overdone as I remembered, and I actually thought they were pretty fun.
For an open world game, it feels way different to other games in the genre.
Yup. It's incredible. It's a genuine 10/10 and it's so depressing that the Batmobile dominates every discussion of the game.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
I hope so. I'm playing Asylum for the first time and plan on continuing the trilogy. Would love an updated release on console and PC.

Although I have to say, even Asylum looks shockingly good with a few basic mods.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I really think people misremember how much the batmobile is used in that game. It's not that much.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I like the batmobile bc we don't have anything like Mech Assault out rn (Mechwarrior 5 is mid im sorry)